FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toffees

KJ Cunning

My understanding of this talent is that your haste is reduced by 50% only as you re moving ie. if I stop moving whilst casting my haste should return to normal. Right or wrong?

If you open your character pane and wach while casting and moving, you'll see that it does not subtract from haste. It literally just adds 50% cast time to the current spell you are casting. This means that it will not affect DoTs, only cast-time spells or channeling effects (e.g. longer Haunt cast or increased period between Melefic Grasp ticks).

Never fear, though... 5.1 will remove the cast time increase, but will only cause movement speed to be reduced by 15%/30% for 6 seconds.

• Like 1

If you open your character pane and wach while casting and moving, you'll see that it does not subtract from haste. It literally just adds 50% cast time to the current spell you are casting. This means that it will not affect DoTs, only cast-time spells or channeling effects (e.g. longer Haunt cast or increased period between Melefic Grasp ticks).

Never fear, though... 5.1 will remove the cast time increase, but will only cause movement speed to be reduced by 15%/30% for 6 seconds.

What you mean with movement speed? Our character will slow is movement for 6 seconds? I'm aware they will remove cast time, but movement speed hum?

Edited by Vortex

Right now, KJC allows full movement speed but neuters your spell casting speed.

In 5.1, you will suffer a 30% movement debuff but will suffer no casting debuff. This means you can move and cast with no penalty other than some crummy 30% debuff that really doesn't matter. We will be amazing in all types of fights, even heavy movement. This will also boost Affliction's ability in PvP as well as Destruction in all types of encounters. Enjoy the awesomeness until it is nerfed.

Actually:

"You can cast and channel while moving, but doing so increases the cast time or channel period of the spell by 50%. Each cast reduces your movement speed by 10%, stacking up to 2 times."