FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vuoq

Normal Darkmist Vortex vs Normal Lei Shin's Final Orders

Hey guys,

I cant decide which I should be using between these two along side my darkmoon trinket. Im playing 2h frost mainly with a UH offspec if that matters. Lei Shin does have higher str on proc , but the insane haste from darkmist must be great for a period of really fast rune regen? or does the proc not help with this?

Edit:

There is one other item comparison that is on my mind and I cant find a clear answer for. Between heroic starshatter and the normal sha of fear 2h, with the 500 str gem slotted.

As I learnt on this forum, obliterate is weapon dmg based meaning it would be logical for the weapon with higher wep dmg to be superior. However is strenght not our main stat? so does it come to a point where we could overlook the higher weapon dmg , for as much as 500 more strenght from a weaker weapon dmg weapon?

HC starshatter : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/87061

normal sha of fear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/86386

Thank you.

Edited by Vuoq

In my opinion, the two trinkets are practically equal, alongside the Darkmoon trinket. Depending on your character's actual gear/stats, one might be marginally better than the other, but it's so close it hardly makes a difference (still, if I had to choose one, I'd go for Darkmist Vortex).

Regarding your second question, naturally, such a point does exist, where enough Strength could off-set the DPS difference from weapon damage. In your particular case, though, you should still see considerably more DPS with Heroic Starshatter than with the normal Sha of Fear weapon + legendary gem.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Do you know if the haste proc on vortex will infact regen my rune faster? ie the haste translate to rune regen speed like normal haste does?

I am suprised that HC shatter would pull ahead, looking at the numbers, the HC has more:

740 min

1110 max

71 str (not including 500gem).

It still seems odd that so little min-max weapon dmg could compete with 429 strenght.

Really strange how it works out when they want str to be our main stat and yet one skill can put weapon dmg that much ahead

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Do you know if the haste proc on vortex will infact regen my rune faster? ie the haste translate to rune regen speed like normal haste does?

I am suprised that HC shatter would pull ahead, looking at the numbers, the HC has more:

740 min

1110 max

71 str (not including 500gem).

It still seems odd that so little min-max weapon dmg could compete with 429 strenght.

Really strange how it works out when they want str to be our main stat and yet one skill can put weapon dmg that much ahead

Yeah, it does affect rune regeneration :)

Hello guys,

Its a tough decision with those two trinks, I am thinking that in dw we stack mastery so haste becomes sec stat therefore I have now 2767 haste with 1.68 speed and my mastery is 5968 so, I belive Darkmist Vortex not only has 1k str but also procs a decent amount of times thus increasing our rune regen making us hit with spell more often since our main spell for dmg is Frost strike and base stat is Strength.

On the other side of the coin we have Lei-Shin that gives us Haste + mastery after reforge and also procs strength whith is good ofcourse but as dw our core dmg comes from mastery and not from our wpn dmg so this trink is more useful to 2h players cuz they base their dmg on the weapon, Obliterate being main dmg ability as Vuoq said.

A 2h player would have on average 6000+ haste and the Darkmist will give a min of 6100 for 20 secs(LFR version), ok, that helps but keep in mind dimisnishing returns so even if u get 12k haste the rune regen won't be too much because at this point you already went over the haste cap.

That being said, I strongly belive that Xuen is better with Darkmist in DW and leave Lei-Shin for 2h.

So, final thought, I agree with Vlad here, and, since I have all 3 trinkets atm I have decided to go for Darkmist and Xuen, more str, more AP more dmg.

PS: Relic of Xuen 2/2 upgrade is even better (956 -> 1030 str), (proc 3027 -> 3262str)

My thread was a bit more explainatory for readers less concious about all the dif aspects of this matter Posted Image)

Edited by VladTheMad
  • Like 1

Hello guys,

Its a tough decision with those two trinks, I am thinking that in dw we stack mastery so haste becomes sec stat therefore I have now 2767 haste with 1.68 speed and my mastery is 5968 so, I belive Darkmist Vortex not only has 1k str but also procs a decent amount of times thus increasing our rune regen making us hit with spell more often since our main spell for dmg is Frost strike and base stat is Strength.

On the other side of the coin we have Lei-Shin that gives us Haste + mastery after reforge and also procs strength whith is good ofcourse but as dw our core dmg comes from mastery and not from our wpn dmg so this trink is more useful to 2h players cuz they base their dmg on the weapon, Obliterate being main dmg ability as Vuoq said.

A 2h player would have on average 6000+ haste and the Darkmist will give a min of 6100 for 20 secs(LFR version), ok, that helps but keep in mind dimisnishing returns so even if u get 12k haste the rune regen won't be too much because at this point you already went over the haste cap.

That being said, I strongly belive that Xuen is better with Darkmist in DW and leave Lei-Shin for 2h.

So, final thought, I agree with Vlad here, and, since I have all 3 trinkets atm I have decided to go for Darkmist and Xuen, more str, more AP more dmg.

PS: Relic of Xuen 2/2 upgrade is even better (956 -> 1030 str), (proc 3027 -> 3262str)

My thread was a bit more explainatory for readers less concious about all the dif aspects of this matter Posted Image)

With regards to what you said about vortex proccing with 6k base haste giving a total of 12k haste or so, I dont think there is a haste cap.. or if th ere is one we are far from being able to reach it with our gear. isnt that the general conclusion on haste caps atm ? So we can still get the most out of that trinket even if our haste is 6k/7k/8k. Correct me if im wrong and if there is actually a cap, but I tried to find out and mostly read there isnt a reachable one at the moment.

Also, I found that using relic with vortex works better for 2h at least, havent tried DW. Reason is that with haste being better at x2 stat vs x1 str, the 1k passive haste from lei shin is inferior to the 1k passive str vs vortex.

Also the proc from vortex vs the proc on leishin, follows the x2 value rule making it a better proc too. So if your at the point where haste x2 beats str x1 then you should try relic+vortex for 2h.

Edited by Vuoq