FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toxis

Best spec into Brf

Hi there, first time posting :)

Normally i just read what suits me best but seeing how i couldnt find what i was looking for i had to see what your opinion is on the matter. 

Brf loot is full of mastery and multistrike, not good for Combat but extremly good for Sub. 

What do you think the optimal spec is going to be with a few pieces of Brf loot. 

I think, Assasination might make a strong comeback. HM loot was very low on mastery and multistrike making it a sub par spec, which is going to change with Brf. 

P.s. Asking this cause i want to make the most out of my stacked bonus roll coins starting wednesday.

I doubt that Assassination will top both other Rogue specs. There's a lot of gear which is MUCH better optimized for all specs, and in my personal opinion Sub and Combat will stay the same into the end of the tier.

The set bonuses are so amazingly strong currently that it's hard to say though.

I've been wondering this myself. I have my speculations, hopes, and theories all of which are based on NOT HAVING DONE ANY MATH. So I hope some empirical data will get posted by some Rogues with big brains. I like to ride the wave of information. I don't create the wave.

Much love and respect to those who get down and dirty with the numbers.

Carrn, you think we combat mains should be gemming / enchanting our combat gear for Multistrike for our Sub?

The gain for sub w/ this approach outweighs (almost double) the loss for combat according to SC. 

Then again, there few (4?) single target fights in BRF I think, so I'm currently unsure of the proper approach I want to take.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/aeolla/advanced

Edited by Aeolla

How has everyone been using killing spree on Gruul and Oregorger so far? On The Butcher, I would generally wait until bounding cleave and then shadowstep behind him and KS. But, after a few runs of each of the new bosses - I'm not quite sure how to time it and it's affecting my DPS. 

What is everyone else doing to make up for lost DPS here?

For both of them make sure KS is glyphed. I use it normall on cd on Oregorger, and just use Cloak if he put the Crystal down near me before I popped it

For Gruul I just make sure he's not about to Slice and / or Petrify isn't about to Shatter

Carrn, you think we combat mains should be gemming / enchanting our combat gear for Multistrike for our Sub?

The gain for sub w/ this approach outweighs (almost double) the loss for combat according to SC. 

Then again, there few (4?) single target fights in BRF I think, so I'm currently unsure of the proper approach I want to take.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/aeolla/advanced

For progression, play whichever spec you end up getting weapon drops for. If there's more than one Rogue, try and sort yourselves so that you don't overlap on gear.

There are some fights where Combat is probably mandatory, like Blast Furnace, but I cleared through normal as Sub only to test it and was fine.

If you feel like you'll play both, Multi is the way to go. Your weapons will give you the better stats since you don't use the same ones per each spec. If you're actually doing Mythic progression at a quick pace, it's probably worth investing in changing gems / chants from fight to fight. At least there aren't a lot of ones to redo this expansion

How do you mean? If the slow weapon gives good stats then yes go ahead and use it. Sub offhand is pretty much just a stat stick.

For example, the axe from Twins  was the BiS offhand weapon from Highmaul

For both of them make sure KS is glyphed. I use it normall on cd on Oregorger, and just use Cloak if he put the Crystal down near me before I popped it

For Gruul I just make sure he's not about to Slice and / or Petrify isn't about to Shatter

Does using KS on oregorger affect the spew acid ability at all? 

It shouldn't if your tank is standing pretty much inside his model.

I have yet to try mitigating that damage for the ranged with CoS... Interesting thought I'll try it soon

Stat stick it is. I had this in mind, but since slow weapons have higher atk values I wondered if it had any influence on DPS. Thing is - they're slow. Then the speed offsets the damage bonus. Told ya, noobish.

Eh, thanks Carrn.

Offhand swings with a slower weapon have normalized enchant / poisons procs (and energy regen for Combat as well) so it should be approximately equal