FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
grumbachr

Weapon Choice Wand/Offhand vs. Staff

I've had some awful luck with Highmaul loot drops and rolls.  I've gotten very little and usually what I won, was because no one else  wanted or needed it. 

I did get the  inv_wand_1h_draenorraid_d_01green.jpgRod of Fel Nullification (with socket stats a little nicer than below)

• Item Level 655
  • Binds when picked up
  • WandRanged
  • Speed 1.80264 - 265 Shadow Damage
  • (146.94 damage per second)
  • +90 Intellect
  • +136 Stamina
  • +54 Critical Strike
  • +1209 Spell Power
  • +64 Mastery

and bought the off hand  inv_offhand_1h_draenorquest95_b_01.jpgGenesaur Braid

• Item Level 665
  • Binds when equipped
  • MiscellaneousHeld in Off-Hand
  • +130 Intellect
  • +196 Stamina
  • +98 Haste
  • +68 Multistrike

Since starting  BRF it has become very noticable on trash and  multiple targets fight that when I'm required to switch targets somewhat often that there is delay while the wand fires something off.  I'm unable to  start casting until it's finished and with all the target switching it's get annoying, and my dps is taking a huge it.  

Is this typical of wands (just had the thought that maybe auto attack is doing something), or would I be better off going with my best Staff (around a 645ilvl).  Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Grum

Since starting  BRF it has become very noticable on trash and  multiple targets fight that when I'm required to switch targets somewhat often that there is delay while the wand fires something off.  I'm unable to  start casting until it's finished and with all the target switching it's get annoying, and my dps is taking a huge it.  

Left click.

Re-bind the autoattack action. Somewhere in the interface or in keybinds settings.

1H+OH are equal to 2H now, but you can get a better mix of stat and you need to get 2 pieces of loot instead of one. I'm a bit confused by this disbalancing feature, yet it feels fine.

I'll post here since it's a somewhat relevant question. Many sites list the Gruul staff as BIS. It has haste/mastery while the Blackhand one has crit/mastery. As a demo/destro warlock wouldn't the Blackhand one be stronger (disregarding chance of acquiring it due to difficulty of bosses) rendering it the true BIS weapon?

I'll post here since it's a somewhat relevant question. Many sites list the Gruul staff as BIS. It has haste/mastery while the Blackhand one has crit/mastery. As a demo/destro warlock wouldn't the Blackhand one be stronger (disregarding chance of acquiring it due to difficulty of bosses) rendering it the true BIS weapon?

58 more mastery on the Gruul staff than the Blackhand staff.  As Demo, it's all about he mastery.  Grull's is hands-down the superior option.

1hand + offhand is not even close either. To get near the same mastery you have to run that crappy OH with versatility.

I was looking forward to using a sword too. Now I'm sad. At least our staff drops off one of the easiest bosses I guess.

58 more mastery on the Gruul staff than the Blackhand staff.  As Demo, it's all about he mastery.  Grull's is hands-down the superior option.

Is Mastery important enough to settle with our weakest secondary stat in place of our second strongest though?

I wouldn't worry too much about anything after Mastery. I'll get what I can.

Haste and Crit fluctuate massively based on whichever you have more of anyway.

Plus the fact that one drops from the first boss and the other from the last.

Is Mastery important enough to settle with our weakest secondary stat in place of our second strongest though?

Secondary stats are irrelevant other than mastery. In reality haste/crit/multi are all within a minuscule margin of each other.  Only mastery matters.

Edited by iriecolorado