FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zaeo

[FIRE] What stat percentages make it viable?

Hey there, I have a mage I just got to 100, and didn't really like the playstyle of frost or arcane, but am totally in love with fire.

However, praying to the RNGoddess for numbers can be somewhat unrewarding.

At times I'm able to push 18-23k if proccs cooperate, but it tends to average out at around 13-15k for long boss fights.

So I ask this; What percent crit should I am for before beginning to focus into mastery and multistrike? Or should I focus on more mastery to make my ignite more reliable?

Any talent preferences that work well for you guys?

The itemlevel average is ~630, and I'm completely aware that it is reliant on gear to output damage more reliably, I just can't enjoy frost or arcane enough to warrant switching to it (permanently). I am arcane offspec to work on attaining gear for fire. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Zalindor/simple

Stat prio for 6.1:

Single target: int > spellpower > crit > mastery > haste > multistrike > versatility
Single target with 4pc t17: int > spellpower > mastery > crit > haste > multistrike > versatility
Multiple targets: int > spellpower > mastery > crit > haste > multistrike > versatility

In stat priorities there is never such thing as "enough of one stat".

I think the question was rather :

"Since fire spec is heavily gear dependant, at what ilvl will my stuff be strong enough so that i can switch to fire and do roughly the same amount of dps that i am doing right now with arcane or frost" :)

I really have no idea about the question, but i think that 15k for a 630 ilvl character is rather nice. You should stick to the spec you love, and run your LFR and find a PUG (or a guild) that can rush HM in normal mode easily. If you finish your legendary level quest, you will definitly have the level to join such a group.

Ill just tell you what Rikh from Nihilum told me yesterday. Around 1k Crit rating makes fire feasible. Currently im sitting at 970 with 675 ilvl, fully crit gemmed and enchanted

Thanks guys,

Currently, I am sitting on  1102 crit, which is 35.02% with arcane brilliance. Mastery is 710, or 21.68% unbuffed.

Using this information, should I continue to prioritize crit, or begin to prioritize mastery, keeping the crit at about where it is now?