FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oph

Feral Druid (655) Help

Hi, 

I've decided to go Feral (655) for this expac, rather than Boomkin, I just enjoy it more. I'm wondering if someone could let me know if I'm getting close to where I should numbers wise with my ilvl.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/%C3%98ph/simple

Logs (Heroic   Highmaul) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cq3vz2nmh9Qw1Bbt#fight=2

I think I'm doing alright, but one thing I know I can improve on is Rip/Rake's uptime.
We're heading into BRF soon and am just wondering if there is anything glaring I'm missing.

Thanks so much!

Had SR drop slightly before Incarnation came off of cd.  I like to cast a 2-3 cp SR to hold me over if I'm trying to fit in another FB cycle.

Rip/Rake are around 92% uptime.  Rake should never drop below 99%.  Losing 1-2% on Rip b/c of FB usage isn't terrible, but always make sure to refresh Rake during pandemic (<4 sec).

You missed 3 chances of PS procs (21 of 24).

Overall I'd say you are doing about 90% of your damage potential.  Just need a little better bleed management! 

*Be aware that feral isn't looking so good in BRF so don't try to compare yourself to other OP classes

Thanks for the help Paloro,

Yeah, I knew increasing bleed uptimes would be something that I need to look at, I'll also watch I hit all those PS Procs, I forgot to check that when looking at my own logs. With Rip, what is the most you should refresh it at? I guess it comes down to whether you will have 5CP back up in time/SR up still etc by the time it runs out? Because we don't really want that to fall off, so that ones ok to refresh early if we foresee lack of energy to get back to it in time?

Feral isn't looking great for BRF, but I think I'm going to try and stick with it. The guild isn't really a HC Progression guild, so I should be fine, if we were Mythic Progression, maybe I would change to Balance.

Thanks for the help Paloro,

Yeah, I knew increasing bleed uptimes would be something that I need to look at, I'll also watch I hit all those PS Procs, I forgot to check that when looking at my own logs. With Rip, what is the most you should refresh it at? I guess it comes down to whether you will have 5CP back up in time/SR up still etc by the time it runs out? Because we don't really want that to fall off, so that ones ok to refresh early if we foresee lack of energy to get back to it in time?

Feral isn't looking great for BRF, but I think I'm going to try and stick with it. The guild isn't really a HC Progression guild, so I should be fine, if we were Mythic Progression, maybe I would change to Balance.

The pandemic range for Rip starts at 7 seconds, so feel free to refresh anytime under 7 for zero loss of uptime.

Paloro I was wondering with the pandemic system in WoD, I use a mod to track my bleed power and I find during the pandemic re-apply window I rarely have a stronger bleed to put up, Is it right to let a rip/rake tick off to 0 or pandemic replace it with a weaker bleed?

To me it seems to make sense to let the stronger bleed tick out but all this talk of pandemic I never really get a chance to utilise it.

You do lose out on damage by overwriting a bleed that is currently stronger. 

The situation where you would overwrite when a stronger bleed is applier is if you will cap on energy.

Paloro I was wondering with the pandemic system in WoD, I use a mod to track my bleed power and I find during the pandemic re-apply window I rarely have a stronger bleed to put up, Is it right to let a rip/rake tick off to 0 or pandemic replace it with a weaker bleed?

To me it seems to make sense to let the stronger bleed tick out but all this talk of pandemic I never really get a chance to utilise it.

It's a very case-dependent thing that you learn the more you practice it, but the general idea is that you let the stronger bleed tick out as much as you possibly can. For Rake, this is usually simple to do, since you can apply it whenever you want if you have the energy, but Rake can be more tricky.

I was interested in the pandemic idea but found out so far it hasn't really helped me with bleeds only Savage Roar, a tiny bit letdown as I'td be really cool to use to boost (once) a stronger bleeds duration

I was interested in the pandemic idea but found out so far it hasn't really helped me with bleeds only Savage Roar, a tiny bit letdown as I'td be really cool to use to boost (once) a stronger bleeds duration

It can be very useful if used correctly, you just need to know when to use it and when not to.

For instance: if you have a weaker rip going (with 10-12 seconds left) and you can power up a new one with BT and TF, you will be able to make it last ~40 seconds instead of the normal 31, and gain the benefits from those buffs for a much longer duration then normal.