FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chie

BRM Trinket choice

I've been unlucky with trinket drops and I'm confused of what I should be using.
At the moment i have:
Knight's Badge 640 IL, i'm strongly against upgrading it for now
Pol's Blinded Eye, 670 IL, which was my on-use until i got
Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork, 665 IL, and the last one
Scales of Doom 670 IL

I figured that two on-use trinkets would be bad, so i'm currently using Tablet & Scales, Pol's Eye has slightly higher IL, but the way stats work (pol has armor and mastery on use, tablet has mastery and armor on use) I'd rather have the strongest one when i need it. 
What would you do in my situation? Is going back to HM normal to kill Tectus for his 655 Eye of Tectus worth it, given that Scales' proc is so worthless to us?

Scales is basically useless, Multi-strike is wicked low on the list of things that are helpful.

Really I don't see the problem with two on use trinkets as a tank. As a DPS they are bad since they cannot be used together and stacking trinkets is normally the goal for DPS.

Tanking doesn't really have that issue. Personally I'd rather my trinkets NOT stack so that I can extend my mitigation. The only reason to want trinkets to stack as a tank is for DPS or for super dangerous things, but you should never be relying on trinkets for major mitigation.

I would use, and plan on using once I get them, Pol's Eye and Tablet of Turnbuckle. 

• Like 1

For some reason that I don't understand I thought that using a trinket would put the other on its full cooldown. 

I just tried it and it's obviously not true, so yeah, my incompetence created the issue.

Thanks for the help!

I would suggest running the tablet and scales, because multistrike is far from useless when it comes dps, as well as granting more Gift of the Ox procs, which are nothing to just scoff at.

Scales is far from useless - just thought I'd mention that here. Multistrike is incredible at increasing your DPS and increasing your healing as it greatly increases your Gift of the Ox orb generation, the only downside to scales from a pure damage reduction loss perspective is that you will have to strafe left/right to pick up those orbs. On some bosses with strict movement (Like Mythic Butcher) it can be hard to do, but most bosses shouldn't be much of an issue (like Kromog). 

Personally I would run with Pols & Tablet, popping both of them on pull (back to back) with Xuen will give you a nifty burst wink.png If you don't need the extra defensive (a lot of fights you wont) you could run with scales. 

FYI i run with Mythic Pols & Mythic Scales on most bosses and it works fine.

Edited by BrewmasterJi