FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zerothought

[Frost] DPS Issues, Log & Armory Analysis Request

Hello,

First off I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to help me with a few concerns I am having with my frost DPS.

www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kk9371MT4D6arhYt#type=summary&fight=12

(Warcraft Log Heroic Brackenspore)

www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/e986875d-c9a0-4b3e-8220-ee6a33aa01f3/boss/brackenspore/heroic#f=4,be=overview,c=5

(Ask Mr.Robot Log Heroic Brackenspore)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/El%c3%accit/simple

(Amory Link)

I only recent started playing again I think I have the basics down but looking at the Mr Robot link on this fight where I did 27,473 DPS but it says frost mages of 663-669 ilvl are doing 31,518 As that is a rather large gap. I tried to have a look at the logs but don't understand them 100%.

If someone could take a look I would be very greatful for constructive feedback. Any detail, no matter how minor that will help my adventure into BRF would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

As requested here is a Butcher Log,

www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kk9371MT4D6arhYt#fight=3

even though we have 2 hunters I still do the cleave in and out. And its my understanding you request butcher fights for a patchwork style fight? This is the reason I post the Brackenspore Fight as its the only fight I get to just DPS.

So on this fight I did 25K where as the top Frost mages ilvl 663-669 are doing 30k

Thanks again 

As requested here is a Butcher Log,

www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kk9371MT4D6arhYt#fight=3

even though we have 2 hunters I still do the cleave in and out. And its my understanding you request butcher fights for a patchwork style fight? This is the reason I post the Brackenspore Fight as its the only fight I get to just DPS.

So on this fight I did 25K where as the top Frost mages ilvl 663-669 are doing 30k

Thanks again 

If you can do 25k DPS while moving in and out, then it's actually not that bad. smile.png

You've casted 2 Ice Lances without FoF proc.

You wasted 4 BF procs (didn't use them up)

You didn't use potion during Heroism. It's a nice idea to save it for MI, but the way you did it, you wasted most of the potion duration and it's generally better to use it during hero.

I can't see any other issues, personally and again, keep in mind that you were moving in and out which obviously affects your DPS, so don't be upset about that 5k difference. smile.png

For moving, you should utilize Ice floes. Alter Time is a great tool for pushbacks too. (I can't remember now, if that happens to melee as well.)

Oh ok thank you for the feed back. Im not sure how easy it is for you to check but are the BF procs wasted when I have orb active and have 2 FoF procs and one Procs as I hit the Ice Lance to use the proc. I noticed this has happened when I get 2 procs of each at the same time. just to be sure are FoF procs Higher priority then BF procs?

And just a side question in terms of DPS cooldowns, I have been using MI, Blood fury and Shards of nothing haste proc on CD.

While using everything on pull I then use a Frozen orb by itself 1min later and I save my crystal for the next orb. Throw another orb by itself, then for the next crystal I have Icy viens and orb with it.

Is this the best use or Is it better to save orb for crystal so you don't have to wait that 30 odd seconds for orb which also delays icy viens?

Thank you again for your advice. Greatly appreciated.

Oh ok thank you for the feed back. Im not sure how easy it is for you to check but are the BF procs wasted when I have orb active and have 2 FoF procs and one Procs as I hit the Ice Lance to use the proc. I noticed this has happened when I get 2 procs of each at the same time. just to be sure are FoF procs Higher priority then BF procs?

And just a side question in terms of DPS cooldowns, I have been using MI, Blood fury and Shards of nothing haste proc on CD.

While using everything on pull I then use a Frozen orb by itself 1min later and I save my crystal for the next orb. Throw another orb by itself, then for the next crystal I have Icy viens and orb with it.

Is this the best use or Is it better to save orb for crystal so you don't have to wait that 30 odd seconds for orb which also delays icy viens?

Thank you again for your advice. Greatly appreciated.

Brain Freeze only procs from Frostbolt hits, and it can also stack up to 2 times, so there is no excuse for wasting any procs of that.

Wasting FoF charges is more understandable, because it can proc from various resources. For this reason, especially when Frozen Orb is up, FoF definitely has higher priority. Unless, you have 0-1 FoF procs and 2 BF procs and you are going to cast a Frostbolt afterwards, then I'd use 1 BF proc.

Use the on-use stuffs on CD, save Frozen Orb for crystal always.