FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tread

Demonology, Need help

Hello,

I've just specced demonology after long time of playing destruction. The better numbers of demonology convinced me to finally spec it. I admit it's a bit hard spec and I've got few questions for you guys, because I think I'm doing something wrong.

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Tread/simple

So, I specced demonology and setup talents/glyph that most of the warlocks use. I spent fortune on changing my enchants and went to nearby training dummies to practice new rotation. After few years of playing destruction it was kinda hard. I expected bigger numbers right away since im 671 ilvl geared. I however noticed similar dps to destro and I can say slightly lower.

I went to LFR to try my damage with buffs and flasks on Kargath. I barely pulled 29k dps. I don't know if its my gear, or my rotation or I simply suck. Any advices?

Opener: Prepot>SF>HoG>Doom>Corru>SB>HoG>Meta>DS/trinket>Doom>DB

Normal rotation: 2 stacks of HoG on boss, Doom and corru up, spam SB if MC didn't proc. At 850 fury I go meta, pop cd and cast 4 DB and 1 doom.

I honestly expected something like 31-32k dps.

For big aoe i found. HoG > Corruption (as many targets as possible before HoGx2) > HoG > Meta > Immolation Aura > Cataclysm. Numbers all over your screen ;)

Also my opener is: Prepot >  SF > HoG > ImpSwarm > TerrorGuard > PetTalent > Corruption > SB > HoG > Meta > Doom > DBx2

Hello,

Thank you for your time. There you go, my first log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GZcCpAL9XqNT2bHn/#type=damage-done&source=33

Source: LFR

It wasn't my best try yet tho. I still suck at AOE and can't figure out AOE. Failed to refresh corru, and slacked on popping meta, I often forget to track Fury.

needs to be public to view it

needs to be public to view it

Sorry, done. ohmy.png

EDIT: Did IMP and Koragh normal this morning, I pulled only 24k while I pull 23k on dummies in my garrison, but it takes standing still and paying attention to nothing :/

More logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7rRTGYk8qv2pjLgF/#fight=10&type=damage-done&source=33

Edited by Tread

Your opener is wrong. It should be pre-cast Soulfire -> Doomguard -> HoG -> Cor -> SB/SF -> Dark Soul -> 2nd HoG --> Meta --> 2x DB --> Doom -> Normal fury build rotation from here.

Everything else looks fine to me. You are lining up cooldowns appropriately. More damage will come with more gear and more practice with the spec and/or encounters you are on. Maximizing fury gen is the trick to doing well with this spec, and that only comes with practice.