FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
GrogT

Payer of ending and 8 Tier talent: Guide vs. Post

Hello

First of all, I want to thank the Icy Veins community for providing the WoW player with such a good website. Second, I want to apologize for any grammar/ spelling issues in my posts, for English isn´t my first or second language.

Well, here is my question: While in the Discipline Priest guide is it advised to have a prayer of mending rolling in your raid, in the threats I read here Prayer of mending was dismissed as being not mana/heal efficient enough. So, what is the current status on this atm?

Further, I would like to know what you are thinking about the 8 Tier talent: iIrc some wrote criticizing clarity of will as part of a general rotation.

Last but not least, I want to encourage the writer of the discipline Guide: You are a reference, not only in the English speaking WoW world, so keep up your work!

Thanks

Michael aka GrogT      

Truth. Prayer of Mending is worthless as a disc priest and the ONLY time it should be seen in your healing meters at ALL is if you're taking the Words of Mending talent at 100. 

Clarity of Will has it's place in 5 mans and certain fights in Highmaul. However, from what I can see in Blackrock Foundry, AOE healing is going to be a big focus rather than tank healing(which our holy paladin brethren normally have covered anyway), so Words of Mending pulls ahead of Clarity of Will in my opinion. 
Then again, I haven't stepped too far into Foundry unfortunately, due to not having an actual raid group and having to PuG(Gruul is apparently ridiculously hard, always get stuck on him, always), so someone who has might be able to comment further on this. But from what I can see, Clarity of Will is more of a thing of the past now, unless another really heavy-hitting tank fight comes up.

Thanks for joining and posting!

2cents before dinner!

Correct PoM should not be hard cast as Disc.  CoW has a niche to fill and is almost always died to groups that have a hard time keeping their tanks alive.  It was very useful when applied correctly in Mythic Highmaul encounters.  Otherwise WoM was by far the go to L100 talent choice.  I have not worked in CoW in Heroic BRF yet.  I am slowly updated the Disc Priest guides for Heroic pinned in this Forum, then Holy, then Mythic.  I do my best to note where and when CoW is particular strong no matter if I specced in to it for the video that is attached.

Thank you! 

One more question: in the guide it isn´t clear if you should try to get the Archangel buff to boost your healing. Should you?

Edited by GrogT

Thank you! 

One more question: in the guide it isn´t clear if you should try to get the Archangel buff to boost your healing. Should you?

Hi GrogT!

I thought I'd try to help out and answer this - in most of Gwen's vids/posts, he mentions weaving Solace/Smite in to get the Archangel buff (Solace also gives a bit of mana regen). I dont' believe he recommends going for the full 5 stacks for Archangel when learning the fights, but hitting the boss to keep Archangel up is a good idea - it will definitely boost your healing.

Edited by Maplefire
  • Like 2

Yup, Maple is correct.

Getting max stacks is preferable.  But when you are learning a fight or when your healing team falls behind a substantial amount, you have to use AA at that moment then Empowered AA > PoH to try and catch back up and stabilize the raid.  I changed the notes for Mythic raiders because if you are progressing on Mythic and still browsing the notes here then you are at a point where you should be an Evangelism master and have it stacked to 5 and know when you are popping it before the exact ability.  No reason to handicap yourself by holding it til max stacks if you needed that big PoH at 2 stacks.