FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Brutalpriest

Auspicious Spirits gets a use!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HnRDcXTF1GLMN6dk

The last fight only, on heroic beastmaster. 

Probably won't be useful in every comp.  But I was stuck on spear clearing duty for the fight.  The important talents I chose were Mindbender, Shadowy Insight, Halo, and Auspicious Spirits.  Shadowy Insight gave me a lot of extra mind blasts with Pain on so many targets.  I used D.Plague at 3 orbs, as there was no reason to hold it back, and A.Spirits giving me so many unpredictable shadow orbs anyway.  Halo was used essentially on CD. 

Anyway, my guild leader is pushing very hard for heroic, so unfortunately next week we'll probably be doing heroic beastmaster again.  If anyone has any thoughts on how I can bump up my dps, I'd welcome it.  I don't think we'll be able to kill him but I'm gonna do my best regardless.

Why are you 3-tanking it?

But a few things I can add to try and up your DPS.(looking at the last pull)

Vampiric Touch more things - if you're the only one on spear duty put both DoTs up and then leave them until they need refreshing.

Shadow Word: Death: More sniping! There's so many low-health targets you have so many opportunities to snipe that, so do :p

Although, looking at the logs, you actually WASTED 58 shadow orbs due to Auspicious Spirits, 20 due to Mind Blast and 6 due to SW:D. So maybe be more vigilant on chucking out DP to try and avoid wasting so many. I understand the A.Spirit wastage, as it's an unpredictable talent, but the ones you wasted due to MB and SW:D could've been avoided.

But anyway, that's my 2 cents on that. It's nice to see that talent getting a use though.

Geez, was it that many?  I was aware that some were going to waste, but I hadn't realized it was that bad.  I'll definitely be more vigilant about it. 

Good point on SW:Death.  It's hard to keep track of so many targets though... it's an area I'll have to improve when we do this fight again.

VT: There's less time to cast it than you might think XD Still I probably could have used it more. 

But yeah I'm just glad there is a fight where I can use something besides CoP =) Even if it's just because the situtation so overwhelmingly favors the conditions a different talent should be used for.

Yeah, it was a lot. I do understand that SW:D sniping can be hard to do with so many targets, but it'll definitely be a sizable DPS increase if you can get in some more SW:D. But I think the bigger thing is not wasting Shadow Orbs Via MB+SW:D. The A.Spirits orb wastage is unavoidable for the most part, but if you can keep on top of not wasting due to MB+Death then *hopefully* your wastage from A.Spirits will go down.