FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

BRF and Cataclysm

That's why I suggested there was probably a lot of padding in that one. Doesn't mean he wasn't doing it properly. While elementalists are obviously the priority targets, it's not hard to catch mobs other than prio targets in your AoE, especially if your tank is playing in such a way to allow it. The highest damaging ability to slags was Doom, suggesting he wasn't just CWing the hell out of them (taking advantage of the bug, sure, but why not?)

Cata on large AoE groups is the best use of the spell outside elementalists, and I doubt he could get more than one off per elementalists because of how massively over geared most of the raid was. And believe it or not, all the mobs are priority to an extent, other than slags once shields are down.

Thanks for the links. BF is something I need to work on for sure. I've never really liked the fight, and interest and performance are surely related in my case. I'll look at those logs and see maybe where I can increase dps/dmg without sacrificing elementalist dmg. I know one issue I have in this fight (and no other) is targeting. I use tidy plates and still find it annoying to click on the correct mob. 

Edit: I'm sure getting my 4pc will be a decent boost on this fight as well. Horrible RNG on tier pieces this xpac.

Edited by Liarparadox

I have no experience on Mythic BF so I can't speak to that. 

However, as far as the heroic kill, the warlock there looks like hes doing some major padding. Aside from the bug that lets our dots continue to tick even on dead targets, the targets he did most damage to are slag elementals at 19.34% of his damage, and firecallers at 18.7%. With the foreman and security guards taking almost identical damage. To me, that means a tank was picking up adds and he was just aoeing the group down.The primal elementalists which control the transition between phase 2 and 3, and are arguably some - if not the most - important targets to damage during the fight didn't even make his top 5. 

His top damage spells were chaos wave, doom, and cataclysm. To me, this suggests he was casting cataclysm on large AOE groups. Is this truly the best use of damage on heroic blast furnace? For the length of the fight, wouldn't it make more sense to single target down the most important targets, like the elementalists when their shields are down? Wouldn't this progress the stages of the fight more quickly and take pressure off heals?

He has Cataclysm dmg on all but 1 elementalist.  His tanks/rad were correctly stacking mobs so his Cata->CW bomb not only hit the priority target, but cleaved the adds.  No direct padding.