FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leturion

underperforming?

Hi,

According to Askmrrobot I'm doing not bad - but not great either. I'm always trying to maximize my DPS, I'm currently working with the WA from Frost 2h rotation.

I do know that I need a swing timer, I sometimes use a Frost strike right when Killing machine procs, my bad.

Percentile wise I'm: 49% overall, but 94% as frost DK, I don't get it...

Could I get some explanation about this?

Logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/306279a1-3d3d-498f-91e9-26bec2d91714/report/56#v=0,d=0

Battlenet Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Leturion/simple

Thanks for your time reading this in advance!

Leturion.

The reason you're 50% overall is because of your item level. It is no shame that people that massively outgear you also outperform you :) 

As far as I can see you're doing perfectly fine. Your uptimes on your Pillar and Defile are great, you used pots on the right moments and you actually didn't miss that many KM procs. I'd say keep it up! The damage and rankings will increase when you gear up.

As far as I can see you're doing perfectly fine. 

His Obliterate crit is not high enough. A good amount is 60-70%.

Anyway, your uptime on Blood Plague and Frost Fever could be higher. It seems you've waited too long with reapplying with Outbreak.

Furthermore you're wasting two of your major glyph slots. You should be using the glyph of regenerative magic and the glyph of empowerement.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

He explained his missed KM procs himself, by using Frost Strike on KM by lack off a swingtimer. Judging by crit % alone isn't a great measurement either, since over +/- 80 obliterates in a fight this value can fluctuate alot by RNG. It's also influenced by a ton of other factors like duration of the fight and movement. Not even mentioning the fact that your Obliterate crit % depends on your own crit as well, of which he has barely any (as he shouldn't).

I have less disease uptime than him on my best parses, so I wouldn't say it has to be higher. When I plague leech without a rime proc up (when the disease will otherwise expire) and get a KM proc I'd have to use obliterate -> howling blast -> plague strike if outbreak isn't up. If I'd have to weave in a quick defensive ability or cooldown it would make it even longer before they are reapplied. Disease up time is nowhere near top priority for 2h frost, so you shouldn't aim for a 100%. 

He explained his missed KM procs himself, by using Frost Strike on KM by lack off a swingtimer. Judging by crit % alone isn't a great measurement either, since over +/- 80 obliterates in a fight this value can fluctuate alot by RNG. It's also influenced by a ton of other factors like duration of the fight and movement. Not even mentioning the fact that your Obliterate crit % depends on your own crit as well, of which he has barely any (as he shouldn't).

I, myself, don't use a swingtimer and am very well able to get as high as 60-70%. It's mostly about using FS right after you obliterated. 

I have less disease uptime than him on my best parses, so I wouldn't say it has to be higher. When I plague leech without a rime proc up (when the disease will otherwise expire) and get a KM proc I'd have to use obliterate -> howling blast -> plague strike if outbreak isn't up. If I'd have to weave in a quick defensive ability or cooldown it would make it even longer before they are reapplied. Disease up time is nowhere near top priority for 2h frost, so you shouldn't aim for a 100%. 

If you would have looked at his Glyphs, you would have noticed that he's using the Glyph of Outbreak. This makes reapplying diseases a matter of 1-2 seconds, since RP is pretty much never a problem for 2H Frost. Considering this, both his diseases should be atleast at 96-98%.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I, myself, don't use a swingtimer and am very well able to get as high as 60-70%. It's mostly about using FS right after you obliterated. Let alone the fact, that my crit is only barely 2% higher.

I'm assuming this came from the haste buff, or perhaps just a higher item level, but I never reached those values when I was still playing frost. Fair point however that Obliterate use can probably always be better. Even more so considering his 30+% crit on Frost Strike.

If you would have looked at his Glyphs, you would have noticed that he's using the Glyph of Outbreak. This makes reapplying diseases a matter of 1-2 seconds, since RP is pretty much never a problem for 2H Frost. Considering this, both his diseases should be atleast at 96-98%.

I did not, busted. Anyhow, then my advice is not to use Glyph of Outbreak, since it's not a dps increase for 2h Frost. 

Point still stands though, you shouldn't aim for max uptimes on diseases. Things I would consider on his Gruul fight that had higher priority: KM Obliterate, runecap Obliterate, Soul Reaper, Defile, Pillar of Frost, Potion, Anti Magic Shell, any other defensive cooldowns needed for inferno slice, Deaths Advance/movement in general for petrify, AMZ for the soak group, Moving from circle zone things etcetera. It's just not that important to keep diseases up considering all the other things you should do and the minimal dps impact of not having diseases up.

I'm always trying to maximize my DPS,

Well, having a higher uptime on diseases will increase your DPS, that's why I mentioned it, especially since he glyphed outbreak.

I'm assuming this came from the haste buff, or perhaps just a higher item level, but I never reached those values when I was still playing frost. Fair point however that Obliterate use can probably always be better. Even more so considering his 30+% crit on Frost Strike.

I gladly prove you wrong.happy.png

Take a look at one of my older logs. An ilvl of 662 and 65% crit rate on Obliterate should be fairly convincing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JhRqZWxjTmXgtfMG#type=damage-done

Edited by ChaiNspliT