FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SpikeAman

Horde Mage Suggestions

Hello there i just found this site and read all about the leveling guide for the frost mage 1-100. I really appreciate the fact that it is so detailed and everything is explained in depth.

As i am going to join Horde for the first time because i found a community that i really ike to be with and they need a mage i am going to give it a try. First of all i want to ask you a suggestion for race. I really like Night elf especially female cuz she is the most beautiful of all races in Horde(personal op). On the other hand many ppl told me to make a troll, they didnt tell anything else so i have to question my self "why?" but i got no answer than the berserk skill that the race got for haste. Do you agree with that? 

Another think i want to consider is the Mage DPS in general. How is it in WoD? 

If you have any tip to tell me feel free to do! Thank you all :D

• Like 1

Hello there i just found this site and read all about the leveling guide for the frost mage 1-100. I really appreciate the fact that it is so detailed and everything is explained in depth.

As i am going to join Horde for the first time because i found a community that i really ike to be with and they need a mage i am going to give it a try. First of all i want to ask you a suggestion for race. I really like Night elf especially female cuz she is the most beautiful of all races in Horde(personal op). On the other hand many ppl told me to make a troll, they didnt tell anything else so i have to question my self "why?" but i got no answer than the berserk skill that the race got for haste. Do you agree with that? 

Another think i want to consider is the Mage DPS in general. How is it in WoD? 

If you have any tip to tell me feel free to do! Thank you all biggrin.png

Thanks for the compliment on the guide, it's much appreciated! :)

Choose whichever race you love. The DPS difference is like 0,1% between the best and the worst. It's like... 0.. :D

Mage DPS is pretty good, each specs are doing fine one shines more in certain situations, while the other is better in other situations. 

You can have a look at the statistics for Highmaul and BRF on www.warcraftlogs.com which is like one of the best analysis tools for WoW. :)

I recommend troll. Having a haste cooldown is a lot of fun. Although it averages out the same, it feels more fun to cast fast for a short time as opposed to having 1% more of another stat.

Thanks for the compliment on the guide, it's much appreciated! smile.png

Choose whichever race you love. The DPS difference is like 0,1% between the best and the worst. It's like... 0.. biggrin.png

Mage DPS is pretty good, each specs are doing fine one shines more in certain situations, while the other is better in other situations. 

You can have a look at the statistics for Highmaul and BRF on www.warcraftlogs.com which is like one of the best analysis tools for WoW. smile.png

As i level with your frost mage guide i may support more your guide or even feedback it ! 

So you dont have any race suggestion right?

Edited by Oltier
Fixed unreadable format error

As i level with your frost mage guide i may support more your guide or even feedback it ! 

So you dont have any race suggestion right?

The level 90-100 guide is a bit lacking, especially on the Garrisson's part. But Icy-veins itself covers a suggested Garrison upgrade path.

No, not really. My suggestion is: play the race that you can imagine yourself being one.. If you like Elves, then hey.. Who doesn't like big.. ears..? :P