FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
agajones

How to find the dead tank?

Hiya. This is probably a farcically easy question to answer but I can find nothing on any forums - how do I find a dead Tank quickly in a Raid to res him before we wipe? I play a Frost DK and understand I have a responsibility to res, but was recently kicked out of a pre made group raid because when the Tank died I did not res him in time. He was not marked with any icons so I was running around clicking on every dead body to find him but wasn't in time to prevent the wipe. Should I have known where he was?

Hiya. This is probably a farcically easy question to answer but I can find nothing on any forums - how do I find a dead Tank quickly in a Raid to res him before we wipe? I play a Frost DK and understand I have a responsibility to res, but was recently kicked out of a pre made group raid because when the Tank died I did not res him in time. He was not marked with any icons so I was running around clicking on every dead body to find him but wasn't in time to prevent the wipe. Should I have known where he was?

Turn on "Show target on minimap" in the minimap icons. Target your tank from the raidframes and start running.. :)

The tactic i always apply here is to have two macros for the tanks. 

I always have one tank on focus so the first macro simply sais:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Raise Ally

the second one is simply filled in with the name of the second tank. (this might be problematic if you dont always use the same tanks.) 

#showtooltip
/target Tankthatdies
/cast Raise Ally

you can also consider having this macro premade and filling it in with a different name each time your group has another tank

IMO the only real downside to this is that you need two buttons for essentially the same spell.

In nearly every other case I believe Oltier's advise is most sound.

just have target appear on minimap. it does stand out this way

You could always target him with raid frames and cast the spell. 

Or use a mouse over macro

#showtooltip

/use [@mouseover] Raise Ally. 

(assuming you're in range.)