FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
xlx

Combat T17-4P Rotation change?

Hello,

can someone tell me if its better to use finishers with less CPs when i have T17-4Set in Combat? Since its not 20% chance per CP to trigger the 4-Set Bonus its flat 20%. So if i always finish with 1CP with 20% chance to get 5CP + no energy eviscerate, so i do it 5 times and get a full finisher. Triggers with 5CP every 25CP while with 1CP Finishers every 5 CP?

For me it seems its better to use Eviscerate whenever i get a CP.

Need some pro or math geek to answer this :D

Thanks

Well, remember there is another part of combat, that being the Insights.  If you are simply almost spamming Eviscerate then you are wasting potential on the Insight buffs.  Not to mention the fact that Eviscerate scales higher the more CPs you spend on it so you are dropping the damage you use by quite a bit.  I'm no pro or math major but that doesn't seem worth the 20% chance to get a free Eviscerate.

What I'm hoping will come out with this is the ability to use Death From Above with the free Eviscerate proc :D.  Depending on how well the buff it (if at all).

yes, but you still get the insight charges, just a little slower, but the 10 and 20% are up longer which could be a dps gain then only with deep insight you get a little less, but you can always switch to 5CP whenever deep insight is up, so doesnt it make sense to 1 or whatever cp you currently have eviscerate then when deep insight is up you switch to 5cp finishers. You can also keep the 5CP eviscerates up until the 10% damage insight is up then play the 1 cp eviscerate through the 10% and 20% insights

Not that difficult

And true eviscerate scales higher but for example you do evis each CP for five times you get a free 5CP evis on top for the total cost of 5CP. To trigger the 4-set procc otherwise you have to wait 5 full eviscerates which is a minute or so you also have to keep up snd. So in a 10 minute fight you trigger the setbonus 10 times. With the 1cp way you can trigger i guess 4 times per minute the procc which is 40 proccs per fight amd having 30 more full evis without energycost could be a dps gain in comparison to the scaling difference bwtween 1 and 5cp evis.

If you use the other method ( 5CP evis while deep insight or no insight buff is up and 1CP while 10% and 20% insight buff is up ), - which i guess results in 15 more full evis -  i cant think of anything else than a dps gain, but i can be wrong.

Well and there is the 2-set bonus, but its not that strong in my opinion but you would lose i guess a third of sinisters. Well its pretty complex someone should calculate it

Edited by xlx

Should not change the rotation at all. 

The bonus cp isn't guaranteed, and you still want to maximize the number of 5cp Evis casts inside Deep Insight, meaning you'll want to use SS to build cp's and use Evis any time you have 5 and SnD does not need to be refreshed.

you have to remember the fundamentals of combat and you will get your answer. If u are spamming evis you are not only wasting your insights you also wasting time on reseting your cds. Yes a free a evis is nice but 10 seconds of ks ar and sprint are much better. atleast that's what i think

Well the 10 second reduce is nice but overall it shouldnt be much different, i think its even faster cooled down with the new rotation. And true through deep insight we all can agree that finishing with 5CP is better. Through times without an insight buff could be better too to not have too much down time on the buffs. But while Shallow or Moderate insight is up its in my opinion a dps increase to finish with lower CP. Sure could be wrong

Cant test it dont have 4p already, maybe someone could and clarify or some math pro could calculate it, i would really appreciate it

Edited by xlx

Well the 10 second reduce is nice but overall it shouldnt be much different, i think its even faster cooled down with the new rotation. And true through deep insight we all can agree that finishing with 5CP is better. Through times without an insight buff could be better too to not have too much down time on the buffs. But while Shallow or Moderate insight is up its in my opinion a dps increase to finish with lower CP. Sure could be wrong

Cant test it dont have 4p already, maybe someone could and clarify or some math pro could calculate it, i would really appreciate it

We just clarified it for you earlier.

Your rotation won't change at all

Well we can close this post anyway since it got changed from 20% flat to 4% per CP, so all discussion got smashed with it :)