FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SomeTea

New to WoW, any Hunter advice would be great (friends too!)

Hey guys, just looking for basic Hunter tips and someone who doesn't mind taking the time to help me learn, I've just started WoW back up and got slightly addicted to it already (10pm becoming 3am within seconds T.T) and I'm just looking for some assistance to help me start up!

I'm from England and I play Ragnaros, my BattleID is Dazukea#2136, whether it's just friendly chats or advice I'll take everything! =)

**Currently reading Tips&Tricks, Hunter guide and various pinned threads**

Edited by SomeTea

I would just take your time, try and find an active guild and just have fun, once you start caring about taking it seriously then I would say you should worry about things that I've posted here. For now just enjoy the ride. You will remember the first time you played years down the road.

• Like 1

I would just take your time, try and find an active guild and just have fun, once you start caring about taking it seriously then I would say you should worry about things that I've posted here. For now just enjoy the ride. You will remember the first time you played years down the road.

Hey, I liked a bunch of your posts I read on here, is it okay if I may add you to bounce some questions off you? And I'm in a random guild right now, so I tend to play music and solo grind.. No clue how to find a decent guild really!

Hey, I liked a bunch of your posts I read on here, is it okay if I may add you to bounce some questions off you? And I'm in a random guild right now, so I tend to play music and solo grind.. No clue how to find a decent guild really!

I'm on US unfortunately

Like, friends on BattleNet? I'm sure if I try to add your BattleNet, or you add me (dazukea#2136) it should work

I just sent you a request (Orthios#1603), so if you get it then that answers that.

I just sent you a request (Orthios#1603), so if you get it then that answers that.

Oh, I don't think it is possible then! I got confused, I genuinely thought you could add people on the US servers from the European ones! That's a bit disappointing!

Oh, I don't think it is possible then! I got confused, I genuinely thought you could add people on the US servers from the European ones! That's a bit disappointing!

As per my understanding, the EU and US battle.net are entirely separate.  As in, you need an EU account to do anything with EU servers/forums/etc and the same for US.

As per my understanding, the EU and US battle.net are entirely separate.  As in, you need an EU account to do anything with EU servers/forums/etc and the same for US.

Pretty much what I just found via Google! Sucks really I suppose :/ I'm playing on Horde with my friends and I assume that Troll is best to play Hunter with? They look teh coolest anyways xD

Pretty much what I just found via Google! Sucks really I suppose :/ I'm playing on Horde with my friends and I assume that Troll is best to play Hunter with? They look teh coolest anyways xD

Troll and Blood elf are both good choices ATM.

What sort of professions should I aim to take up?

Doesn't really matter, Leatherworking is a good choice for some gear.

Doesn't really matter, Leatherworking is a good choice for some gear.

I noticed you have Skype on your profile, is it okay to ask questions on that than spamming the forum? :~)

I noticed you have Skype on your profile, is it okay to ask questions on that than spamming the forum? :~)

Dude, no offense, but your questions are so trivial that it shouldn't take a hunter of Nnx's caliber to answer them for you. 

Just join any guild - spam general chat with "new hunter looking for guild" until you get an invite - and ask these questions in guild chat. Or in general chat, for that matter. Or here. You're not doing any harm by "spamming the forums". We're all willing to help here. 

Edited by Iridar

Dude, no offense, but your questions are so trivial that it shouldn't take a hunter of Nnx's caliber to answer them for you. 

Just join any guild - spam general chat with "new hunter looking for guild" until you get an invite - and ask these questions in guild chat. Or in general chat, for that matter. Or here. You're not doing any harm by "spamming the forums". We're all willing to help here. 

What he said, I don't mind answering general questions, I just get a ton of messages on Skype and it can get somewhat overwhelming.

I'm new to the forums and WoW - how am I supposed to know he's a very good Hunter? It's sort of counter-productive if I'm being told that I should just check Icy-Veins and then I'm told to check in General or a new guild, even if my questions are sort of petty I did take offence with how you phrased your response.. I'm asking Nnx because he's the only guy, along with Orthios to be replying and I won't go making threads over and over in order to clutter up the forums.. Maybe you could of come over a little less aggressive by saying "hey man, your questions are probably better suited at X", you've made me feel a little unwelcome here right now.. Obviously I'm sure you didn't intend that though.

What he said, I don't mind answering general questions, I just get a ton of messages on Skype and it can get somewhat overwhelming.

I apologise, I didn't realise how popular you were ^^ I don't mean to overload you, I have came into WoW having no friends whom play the game so asking questions somewhere in order to learn is better than spamming in the game and such.. In all honesty I don't even know how to yell and such and I tried the guild finder but I couldn't get into anything.

I'm new to the forums and WoW - how am I supposed to know he's a very good Hunter? It's sort of counter-productive if I'm being told that I should just check Icy-Veins and then I'm told to check in General or a new guild, even if my questions are sort of petty I did take offence with how you phrased your response.. I'm asking Nnx because he's the only guy, along with Orthios to be replying and I won't go making threads over and over in order to clutter up the forums.. Maybe you could of come over a little less aggressive by saying "hey man, your questions are probably better suited at X", you've made me feel a little unwelcome here right now.. Obviously I'm sure you didn't intend that though.

I apologise, I didn't realise how popular you were ^^ I don't mean to overload you, I have came into WoW having no friends whom play the game so asking questions somewhere in order to learn is better than spamming in the game and such.. In all honesty I don't even know how to yell and such and I tried the guild finder but I couldn't get into anything.

Feel free to continue posting on this thread, and I'll be glad to answer any question you have. The game can definitely be overwhelming when you're first starting out that's for sure. You're welcome here, I try to make sure the forum is open to all skill levels, even fresh players leveling their first hunter. You're more than welcome to add my Skype, I know how it feels to start with nobody to help out.

Feel free to continue posting on this thread, and I'll be glad to answer any question you have. The game can definitely be overwhelming when you're first starting out that's for sure. You're welcome here, I try to make sure the forum is open to all skill levels, even fresh players leveling their first hunter. You're more than welcome to add my Skype, I know how it feels to start with nobody to help out.

It's fine, my questions will most likely be ridiculously basic, I don't want to add to your increased work load :) You're doing great work and you're a nice guy, I'll wait till I get to a more advanced stage I suppose, thanks for the help though and not sending me away like most people already have.

Right on man. Hunter was my first toon (and still my favorite).

Here's a couple sites I'd recommend reading up on that will give you some advice/guidance as you level your Hunter up :)

Nice Resource site with links to many other Hunter sites: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

Best Resource for locating that pet you REALLY must have (because it looked so cool!): http://www.wow-petopia.com/

Your best WoW Resource site (nearly anything and everything in the game can be located here): http://www.wowhead.com/

Best of luck to you and like they said, feel free to post your questions here. Just be sure to give as much background info and/or detail as you can when you ask. :D

I only have one piece of advice I'd give to a new hunter: Don't get in the habit of right clicking on mobs to target them. 

After a couple of accidental pulls I have learned to stand with my back to the boss. Just in case.

After a couple of accidental pulls I have learned to stand with my back to the boss. Just in case.

Good advice there for sure. I will also say I've been guilty of accidentally pulling while I had the boss targeted when I thought I was typing - in fact I was not typing and as soon as I hit a key I had bound to an ability... BOOM! Boss is pulled!

I've gotten into the habit of just not even targeting the boss until the DBM countdown timer for pull starts. :)