FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hruberen

NecroBlight Gruul Help

Out of the 3 bosses we downed tonight, I did the worst on Gruul, damage wise this makes since, as it is only ever single target, but I also did worst based on the percentiles of Unholy Death Knights in my item level bracket at 61%

Logs=http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/462fb7ab-1436-46c6-9921-332bcb168ba0/report/8#v=0,d=0,c=4

Armory=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Hruberen/simple

I know I have the cheap gems and no enchants, and I'm fixing it tomorrow.

You should go PL/Def on Gruul.

Also, upload to warcraftlogs, askmrrobot is hard to read.

Edited by VRDRF

Until 6.1, it's a major DPS loss to go with UB+NP on single target. You must go with Defile, optimally combined with Plague Leech. Plaguebearer will do aswell, if you're uncomfortable with PL.

Necroblight is a spec for AoE based encounters, at least until 6.1 lands and if/or no more changes occur in PTR

PL+DeF is still the way to go on single target encounters, like Grull and Pacman

that said both you and that other DK are doing very little damage idd 19k on normal is not good at all for your ilvl

Edited by Lusitan

The first kill on Gruul I ran NP as well, and the fight was 10 seconds shorter. You should be able to get out more Soul Reapers (i had 24, you had 18 and 2 without proc), Also I believe you can get quite alot more death coils in, you might have overcapped on runic power some times, though this might have to do with my higher haste rating. Don't forget to use AMS on cooldown for Inferno Slices, it gives you quite some runic power.

You also used Blood Boil, Plague Strike and Death and Decay, which shouldn't be used on single target encounters. Scourge Strike outdamages D&D, and BB and PS shouldn't be used since you keep NP up untill your outbreak comes off cooldown. 

As others said, Defile + PL should be the best combo on Gruul, it simply outdamages NP+UB by quite alot.

Thank you all for your responses. I have a few questions and a couple answers myself.

1. Are Gruul and Oregorger the only "single target" fights in foundry?

2. With Plague Leech, can I use it on cooldown when I have nothing else to do and then plague strike afterwards for a free death rune, or does it lower my dps when i'm not using it with outbreak?

Answers: 

1. I did think that DnD was more damaging than scourge strike based on what I remember from Dragon Soul (I got top 200 on Yor'Sahj!)

2. The Blood Boils and Plague strike were from me fumbling for my Death's Advance, which I switched keybinds for.

Speaking of Keybinds the way I have it is that my most used spells go to the center of my action bar, and the less I use a spell the further from center it gets IE. Scourge Strike is 6, DC is 7, Fester is 5

Is there a better way to do my keybinds?

Finally is there a list of fights where it would be better to use Defile on? I was thinking Hanz and Franz, Flamebinder, Kromog and Iron Maidens would be better suited to defile.

Yeah, you should be fine using Plague Leech to fill GCDs and reapply diseases with Plague strike. DnD is definitely a DPS loss for ST over SS.

Defile doesn't work currently on Kromog. It is definitely a good choice for Flamebender until the 6.1 buff to NP. I haven't yet seen Maidens but have seen Defile being recommended until the 6.1 buff. Personally I prefer NP for Hanz & Franz due to movement.

Finally is there a list of fights where it would be better to use Defile on? I was thinking Hanz and Franz, Flamebinder, Kromog and Iron Maidens would be better suited to defile.

Gruul: PL+Defile

Pacman: PL+Defile

Darmac: UB+NP or PL+Defile (the CD of Defile alines with the spawn of adds and allow actually more DPS than UB+NP, until 6.1)

Flamebender: PL+Defile or UB+NP

Hans and Franz: PL+BoS (Use it at the pull, when they're stacked and you're near RP cap, as you're recharging new runes), UB+NP is simply a DPS loss, until 6.1

The Blast Furnace: UB+NP

Kromog: UB+NP (position yourself in the middle, once the hands appear, so you can quickly spread NP across all hands)

The Iron Maidens: UB+NP

Blackhand: PL+Defile (once 6.1 drops switching to UB+NP is a viable alternative, as there're adds on a later phase)

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I use NP on every fight and always pass high (6.1 gonna be fun). Comparing my logs to yours http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/d14da38d-f713-49ec-ba5b-6a24744db28a/report/11#v=0,d=0,c=17I used 72 scourge strikes in 4:10 and you used 61 in 5:51, so I guess that's the problem. Spend all unholy and death runes on scourge strike, unless NP is going to fall off and you don't have UB at the ready to restack it. Don't EVER let your runes cap out, so in some situations you'll want to cast festering strike once if your runes fully stack because the time it takes you to cast 3/4 scourge strikes they would have filled up again and you get bonus runic power to spend on death coil for bonus runic corruption procs (you'll also end up spending death runes on festering strike just to keep up NP, so it's better to do it earlier and be more efficient with runes).

• Like 1

I use NP on every fight and always pass high (6.1 gonna be fun). Comparing my logs to yours http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/d14da38d-f713-49ec-ba5b-6a24744db28a/report/11#v=0,d=0,c=17I used 72 scourge strikes in 4:10 and you used 61 in 5:51, so I guess that's the problem. Spend all unholy and death runes on scourge strike, unless NP is going to fall off and you don't have UB at the ready to restack it. Don't EVER let your runes cap out, so in some situations you'll want to cast festering strike once if your runes fully stack because the time it takes you to cast 3/4 scourge strikes they would have filled up again and you get bonus runic power to spend on death coil for bonus runic corruption procs (you'll also end up spending death runes on festering strike just to keep up NP, so it's better to do it earlier and be more efficient with runes).

^This. With necroblight actualization you end up being rather lazy with it. I spend roughly my first set of death runes to festering strike but after that scourge strike until your hands hurt and when in kill range soul reaper until your hands hurt. Refresh necrotic just with your blood and frost runes, and use death only if you are between 15-20 secs and unholy blight won't come off CD. 

• Like 1