FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
grumbachr

Damage Meter Accuracy?

Within our guild we're seeing some fairly large differences between  Recount and Skada.  Is one general more accurate than the other?  

Unless I was looking at  apple/oranges  and not apple/apple, my own dps  appeared to have a difference of about 4K  between the two.  

Skada has been a lot more accurate for me, and the only time I have any problems with it is if someone dies and isn't ressed, their dps is "frozen" and doesn't change to account for the fact that they aren't doing any dps.  However, if the person that died is ressed then it updates does account for the period of time that they weren't doing damage.

I've found that skada is much more accurate than recount, but you should try taking a look at Warcraft logs, (while it isn't immediate meters during the fight, it's very accurate after the fact. Also skada tends to be much more useful in terms of versatility, in my opinion.

Thanks for the input.   My question came out of some frustration as  I have been using Skada and my DPS  and overall damage are acceptable. On my side it looks as if I'm often 2nd or 3rd ( i can never seem to pull ahead of those damn hunters).   However, others using Recount, and during one of  our last raids nights they kept linking Recount showing me last or 2nd to last on the dps charts.  Then at some point, there were some suggestions that our DPS was just to low as we were unable to down anyone but  Gruul.  

I have since found another group that I'm most likely joining and in my first week running with them we went  6/10 N   in only 4'ish hours of trying. 

Thats odd, Gruul is the dps check, so if you can kill him your dps is good enough for at least the first half of the raid. Recount sucks, it sucks harder the closer to the beginning of an expansion as well. 

Thats odd, Gruul is the dps check, so if you can kill him your dps is good enough for at least the first half of the raid. Recount sucks, it sucks harder the closer to the beginning of an expansion as well. 

Gruul might be the dps check, but every other fight has harder mechanics.  No matter how good your dps is, if you can't get the mechanics down then you will wipe.

Then at some point, there were some suggestions that our DPS was just to low as we were unable to down anyone but  Gruul.  

This is the point i was referring to.