Sign in to follow this  
Ebolavirus

Comparing these NecroBlight Parses

12 posts in this topic

First time poster here. I have been unholy since the start of WoD. Been using necrotic plague since it was introduced and came up with my own weak auras before i even started browsing DK forums.

This screenshot is a comparison between a friend of mine and I for a normal flamebender kazrah kill. He is ilvl 666 and I and 670 so we are fairly close, yet my damage is about 2.5 million more by the end of the encounter, AND i died near the end.

From what i gather, he is prioritizing festering strike to keep necrotic plague up at all costs. I on the other hand will only festering strike when i have frost and blood runes up. In doing so, my physical and shadow scourge strikes combine to make up about 21.3% of my dmg, with necrotic plague being right behind with 21.1% of my total dmg.

Are there any suggestions i can give him to help his damage? I want to be helpful when i approach him and not sound arrogant or anything negative.

my DPS(a) is 30,761 and his DPS(a) is 24,364

w2q7m.jpg

You came to the right place friend :D

With necrotic plague its understandable to want to boost its duration as high as possible so it doesn't fall off. This is inherently not necessary. The first big thing is to take unholy blight as your tier 1 talent. When popping this at the start of the fight you will boost quickly to 15 stacks instead of waiting a minute or so for the stacks to build naturally.

From here you only want to use your first set of death runes to extend the duration and as you do, focus on using scourge strike. If your duration of necrotic drops to 15-20 seconds and unholy blight won't come off CD then you should use death runes on festering, but otherwise yes prioritize scourge pre execute phase. 

Now this mindset should follow you into the execute (soul reaper) phase. Once the baws is below 45% health you want to prioritize soul reaper casts above all else.  You can see in your own logs soul reaper (with the ticks included) is about 11% of your dps but is below 6 for your friend. The same rules apply. Only use frost and blood runes on festering strike unless necrotic is going to fall off with unholy still on CD.

Now, just another thing is, if unholy blight is coming off CD soon and you have death runes, just go ahead and burn them on scourge strike. Let necrotic fall off and then pop unholy to rebuild your stacks. The best way to do this is pop unholy 1 second before necrotic falls off. This lets you keep 100% up time on the diseases.

Soooo tl;dr you want to do the minimum to keep up necrotic while focusing on the rest of your rotation. Just focusing on necrotic alone yields subpar dps.

• Like 1

What I see from the logs:

-Way to many Festering strikes, I'm guessing he is using it w/e available death rune or not instead of only using it on when a frost/blood rune combo is ready or NP is below 10-15 seconds.

-Very low SS, about 50 less then you, Related to using FeS to much 117 vs 80

-at least 20 less DC then you

Yeah what everyone else said... but the one thing your buddy did that you didn't that would up your dps is blood boil to spread NP every time the wolves spawn.  You didn't do it at all.  Do that and it'll ratchet you up a bit.  ;-)

Edited by Immortal

Yeah what everyone else said... but the one thing your buddy did that you didn't that would up your dps is blood boil to spread NP every time the wolves spawn.  You didn't do it at all.  Do that and it'll ratchet you up a bit.  ;-)

You don't need blood boil to spread necrotic, it happens automatically :D

You don't need blood boil to spread necrotic, it happens automatically biggrin.png

Question for you Demon if you don't mind. If Necrotic spreads automatically to all enemies within 8 yards, but blood boil spreads to 15 yards, is it smarter to blood boil if you feel like adds are out of range of the 8? 

As an example, on Beastlord when the adds come out, we often have the boss separated from the adds just a bit so both tanks don't take rend and tear.  Sometimes the positioning puts this outside of 8 yards but within the 15 yards, so its better to blood boil there right? I also think it would help hit more spears, but just want to make sure that using that blood boil rune isn't actually negatively impacting dps. 

Question for you Demon if you don't mind. If Necrotic spreads automatically to all enemies within 8 yards, but blood boil spreads to 15 yards, is it smarter to blood boil if you feel like adds are out of range of the 8? 

As an example, on Beastlord when the adds come out, we often have the boss separated from the adds just a bit so both tanks don't take rend and tear.  Sometimes the positioning puts this outside of 8 yards but within the 15 yards, so its better to blood boil there right? I also think it would help hit more spears, but just want to make sure that using that blood boil rune isn't actually negatively impacting dps. 

Its depends on the situation. We must realize in raids often proper mechanic following can be more valuable then just raw nuking boss. For your situation described one or two blood boils isn't going to kill your dps. You have many other options too. You can tranquil grasp one add to the boss and it'll return to the tank bringing diseases. You could gorefiends grasp everyone together to spread diseases and again tanks regain aggro. There is a number of ways to do it biggrin.png

One of the big things is don't be so focused on perfect dps you neglect raid mechanics. I was in a group with black rock gear that couldn't down normal brackenspore because they were too focused on dps and padding meters. Trying to maximize your output is great but you also need to be paying attention to the raid itself. There is a huge focus on the board about perfect simmed dps but if you aren't following mechanics you'll be kicked in a heartbeat. 

So, tl;dr. If you feel you need to spread diseases further in a situation, go ahead and blood boil biggrin.png However, if you have closely packed adds or trash, you can spend the rune otherwise and have a higher dps output. 

• Like 1

That bug is no more, already fixed.

On PTR yes, on live, no - so we will have to wait for 6.1 to be released.

Edited by VRDRF

Can someone please explain what exactly is the BB bug? I read somewhere that when you use BB, Necrotic Plague misses a tick. Does that happen with every BB cast, or just on the first one? 

Also, is this bug happening only on NP or on the normal diseases as well?

I believe spreading NP in Beastlord and Flamebender fights are two different stories. By default, NP spreads to one more target every time it ticks ( =deals damage).

On Flamebender there are only 3 relevant targets at a time at most; boss + 2 dogs, or boss + Aknor. As melee you will probably be standing close to the big dog which happens to be tanked in Flamebender's proximity. The first jump will happen more or less immediatelly. DPS on the small dog is usually not your concern, that one is a job for your ranged team. When the dogs switch, the first jump will again happen immediatelly, because there is only 1 target available.

On Beastlord you need to damage multiple short-lived targets at once: the pack and spears. Thanks to the number of targets spreading NP is exponential (in the ideal case), but BB will get the job done instantly. Especially since the spears tend to be spread around the room, you cannot just rely on the natural spreading. I even recommend the BB glyph for this.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Tier 21 set bonus tuning continues for Restoration Druids, Mistweaver Monks and other classes as we approach Antorus testing on PTR.
      This week's 7.3 PTR build is now live and Blizzard has started the usual communication revolving around Tier 21 set bonuses. To check out the most recent changes, visit our Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Overview.
      Restoration Druid
      The most recent T21 4P bonus will be changed in a future patch to a 100% chance to grant the Awakened buff for 10 seconds.
      Item - Druid T21 Restoration 4P Bonus - Ysera's Gift Heals Faster - When you cast Wild Growth, you have a 50% chance to cause Ysera's Gift to heal a target 400% more frequently for 10 sec. Blizzard (Source)
      I'm unsure if the build that went up today has this change or not, but I recently changed the 4-piece bonus to be a 100% chance on Wild Growth to grant 5 seconds of the Awakened buff (instead of 50% chance for 10 seconds).

If that is not in the build that went up today, it should be in the next build. Mistweaver Monk
      T21 2P (Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - Gust of Mists Applies Absorb) has been fixed and the HoT can now critically hit. T21 4P (Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - Renewing Mist Casts Heal Gust of Mist Targets) is a flat % proc rate and i doesn't use a deck of cards. Blizzard (Source)
      I just fixed the 2 piece HoT to correctly be able to critical strike.

The 4-piece bonus does not use a deck of cards, it is just a flat percentage proc rate. Holy Paladin
      In a future build, there will be an entirely new T21 4P for Holy Paladins. The most recent one is
      Item - Paladin T21 Holy 4P Bonus - Blessing of Sacrifice Reduction - When a target with your Beacon of Light on them falls below 50% health, the cooldown of Blessing of Sacrifice is reduced by 20.0 sec. This can only occur once every 10 sec. Blizzard (Source)
      In a future build you will have a different 4-piece set bonus. Discipline Priest
      For the sake of simplicity, Smite will be removed from the T21 4P bonus (Item - Priest T21 Discipline 4P Bonus - Power Word: Radiance Buffs Smite/Penance).
      Blizzard (Source)
      I will remove Smite from the set bonus for simplicity sake. The next PTR build should have that change. Arms/Fury Warrior
      Item - Warrior T21 Arms 4P Bonus - Mortal Strike Buffs WW/Slam & Item - Warrior T21 Fury 2P Bonus - Rampage Damage Over Time are currently bugged and will be fixed soon.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Arms: 

2 Piece: Quite smooth from a playstyle perspective.It's quite similar to IFTK in providing an 8 second buff. Can be maintained regularly, but I'd suggest that it be triggered by Warbreaker as well, just as IFTK does.

4 Piece: Broken on PTR as of July 26, 2AM PST. Might change in the future.

The 4P makes me think of a reverse Focused Rage where MS is the one buffing the filler. My only concern is that a single stack of the buff from MS is enough of a damage increase to Slam/WW, which is mostly a tuning issue. The 4P fits seamlessly into the the Arms rotation without making me go out of my way to cast anything extra. 

Fury: 

2 Piece: The tooltip seems wrong, it's currently doing 10% of Rampage's dmg in bleed form instead of 30%. 

It's effect screams the Valarjar Berserker and Soul of the Battlelord. A simple passive that could be quite powerful. 

4 Piece: The damage multiplier is broken right now. Though the tooltip says 0% buff to next Rampage after casting BC, it's several hundred percent. With that being said, the damage from Rampage would need to be enough for us to recover from the loss of CoF, which means less overall casts of BC.
      I am investigating the issues with the Arms 4p and Fury 2p. I corrected the tooltip for the Fury 4p bonus. Thanks for the reports.
      I believe all of the problems listed in this thread will be fixed in the next PTR build. Thanks again for reporting the problems.
    • By Stan

After the maintenance's over in your region, there are several hotfixes that will come into effect. The third LFR Wing of the Tomb is now available with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. There's a new PvP Brawl and you can get up to 50% more reputation from World Quests.
      Hotfixes & Tomb of Sargeras Mythic Nerfs
      Many hotfixes related to PvE & PvP will be live once maintenance ends in your region. The Tomb of Sargeras nerfs make the final two encounters easier, so expect a lot more Kil'jaeden Mythic kills in the coming days. Tomb of Sargeras LFR Wing #3
      Chamber of the Avatar opens with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming // Quaking // Fortified World Quests Bonus Event (July 25 - August 1)
      For the duration of the event, reputation gained from World Quests is increased by 50% (Sign of the Emissary). This is great for farming reputation Paragon caches / mounts or unlock flying. The weekly quest "The World Awaits" rewards 5,000 Order Resources once you complete 20 world quests. PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard (July 25 - August 1)
      Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow. You'll be racing your way between the farm, stables, mine, lumberyard, and blacksmith through piles of snow and over a - mostly - frozen lake. One more thing: the weather forecast calls for a bit of fog of war. We hope you're prepared for the weather. (Source) Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (AP token). Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl (July 31)
      The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl. The micro-holiday is centered around inns. You talk to a NPC that will teleport you to various inns across Azeroth where you can interact with unique objects. You stay there for a short period and teleport to another tavern. It's the first time Tavern Crawl's up, because it was disabled in the past. The event was suffering from issues that couldn't be hotfixed. Find our more about Tavern Crawl in our micro-holiday preview. World Boss Drugon
      Look for the epic World Quest "The Frozen King" in Highmountain.
      World Boss Loot Table
      Assorted Dragonscale Bracers Drugon's Snowglobe Ettin Fingernail Ettinbone Bracers Giant's Handkerchief Snowdrift Bracers Wax-Sealed Leather Bracers
    • By Stan

In the latest 7.3 PTR build, Validated Doomsayers now appear in Dalaran giving players various pamphlets heralding Azeroth's demise, citizens are dazed, can't be cured or talk gibberish.
      The event is very similar to Cataclysm and those creatures are obviously a Hearthstone reference (Validated Doomsayer). Concerned and Scared Citizens are curious about what's going on. Terrified Citizens are affected by fear (Frightened), other citizens do not feel well (Inexplicable Feeling).
      Some interesting conversations from Dalaran:
      Validated Doomsayer yells: The Light has forsaken us!
      Validated Doomsayer yells: Our time ends, the cleansing is nigh!
      Dalaran Citizen says: They say it's all in your head, but this... this is different. I swear!
      Olisarra the Kind says: Pretty soon, we'll have to send people off site for help. I just don't think we have the resources here to maintain any semblance of order.
      Dalaran Citizen says: Is it normal to see stars?

• By Stan

A source of the latest information related to Patch 7.3 and beyond!
      Our Patch 7.3 hub organizes all 7.3 data and latest news coverage in a single place.
      Welcome to our centralized hub dedicated to the biggest patch ever introduced to World of Warcraft. For easier navigation, we'll keep it updated throughout testing by adding links to our latest coverage, so that you won't miss out on any important information.
      Patch 7.3
      Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid (Build 24473) Antorus & The Pantheon Legion Ending & Next Expansion Leaks Artifact Knowledge Changes Invasion Points // "Lesser & Greater Rifts" Coming to WoW Invasion Point: Blood (Build 24539) Invasion Point: Ice (Build 24539) Ion Hazzikostas Interview New Champion Equipment & Missions New Creature Models (Build 24473) New Mounts (Build 24473) // Lightforged Golem Mount New Pets (Build 24473) New Profession Updates (Build 24473) // The Future of Obliterum New World Bosses (Build 24473) New Transmog Items (Build 24500) Tier 21 Sets Preview (Normal Tints) // Mythic Tints Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539) The Netherlight Crucible (Build 24608) Seat of the Triumvirate (Dungeon) (Build 24608) Weapons of the Lightforged (Build 24473) New Caster Animations
      In Patch 7.3, several caster Classes received updates to their animations.
      Druid, Mage, Shaman Animations (Build 24473) Priest Animations (Build 24473) Restoration Shaman Animations (Build 24500) Gameplay Videos
      Argus Gameplay Part 1 (up to Krokuun) (Build 24473) Argus Gameplay Part 2 (End of Chapter 1) (Build 24500) Argus Gameplay Part 3 (Mac'Aree) (Build 24539) Build Highlights // Class Changes
      Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Patch 7.3 Build 24608 // Feral Druid // Frost DK & Mage Changes Patch 7.3: Upcoming Frost Death Knight Changes Patch 7.3 Build 24539 // Patch 7.3 Feral Druid Changes Patch 7.3.0 Build 24500 Patch 7.3.0 Build 24473 Dev Notes
      Build 24608 Build 24539 Build 24500 Build 24473
    • By Stan

The latest 7.3 PTR build 24651 brings the usual Tier 21 changes, class changes, many new items and mounts.
      Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Highlights
      Raiding with Leashes V: Cuteaclysm is here with many new pets to earn from Cataclysm raids. Lightforged Warframe is rewarded from reaching Exalted with the Army of Light faction. We previewed the mount in more detail here. Antoran Gloomhound is rewarded from Glory of the Argus Raider. Antoran Charhound drops from the dogs encounter in Antorus as we suspected. Mythic: Argus the Unmaker achievement now rewards the title "Titanslayer". Dev Notes
      Blizzard (Source)
      As we mentioned last week, the PTR update for this week (and future weeks) is focused on iterative improvements to the content that’s already available for testing. You may find a few new additions here and there (including some new pet battle content), but the bulk of our efforts this week have focused on refining Argus’ rewards and itemization. Please let us know what you think!

Additionally, we’re planning to start raid testing in the near future – keep an eye out here on the PTR forums for details there.

Thanks again, and happy testing! Class Changes
      Death Knight
      Icy Talons - Frost Strike also increases your melee attack speed by 12% for 6 sec, stacking up to 3 times. (was 15%) Inexorable Assault - While in combat with no enemy within 8 yards, you gain Inexorable Assault every 1 sec. Each stack causes your next autoattack to deal [ 100% of Attack Power ] additional Frost damage. (functionality changed and down from 300% of Attack Power) Permafrost - When you deal damage with auto attacks, gain an absorb shield equal to 100% of the damage dealt. (up from 75%) Volatile Shielding - Your Anti-Magic Shell absorbs 35% more damage, and generates 100% additional Runic Power. (now generates additional Runic Power) Druid
      Mass Entanglement - now roots the target and all enemies within 15 yards in place for 30 seconds Prickling Thorns - When your Entangling Roots is removed, dispelled, or ends, the target will take [ 1 + 300% of Spell Power ] damage. (was 100,000) Hunter
      Marksmanship Hunter spec aura updated with Multi-Shot. Paladin
      Holy Paladin spec aura down to 5% (was 15%) Retribution Paladin spec aura up 27% (from 20%) Blade of Justice - Strikes an enemy with the Blade of Justice, dealing [ 0.880 * 595% of weapon damage or 0.030 * Level * 595% of weapon damage + 0.400 * 595% of weapon damage or 595% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. (up from 540% of weapon damage) Crusader Strike - Strike the target for [ 0.029 * Level * 230% of weapon damage + 0.429 * 230% of weapon damage or 230% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. Maximum 2 charges. (up from 210%) Execution Sentence - A hammer slowly falls from the sky, dealing [ 1,700% of Attack Power ] Holy damage after 7 sec. (up from 1,450% of Attack Power) Rogue
      Veil of Midnight - You remain enveloped by the shadows for 2 sec after Stealth or Vanish fades, increasing dodge chance by 200%. (Vanish added to the spell and dodge chance increase up from 100%) Shaman
      Elemental Shaman spec aura is at 6% (up from 3%) Chain Lightning - Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 1 + 140% of Spell Power ] (down from 1 + 160% of Spell Power) Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets.  Generates 4 Maelstrom per target hit (down from 6 Maelstrom) Earthquake - Causes the earth within 8 yards of the target location to tremble and break, dealing [ 600% of Nature Spell Power ] Physical damage over 6 sec and sometimes knocking down enemies. (up from 465%) Earth Shock - Instantly shocks the target with concussive force, causing up to [ 1,300% of Spell Power ] Nature damage based on Maelstrom spent. (up from 1,150% of Spell Power) Mastery: Elemental Overload - Your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst casts have a 15% (down from 18%) chance to trigger a second cast on the same target for 85% (up from 75%) of normal damage and 75% of normal Maelstrom generation Shamanism - Your Bloodlust spell now has a 60 sec. cooldown, but increases Haste by 20%, and only affects you and your friendly target when cast for 10 sec Warlock
      Create Healthstone now restores 25% of your health (up from 15%) Cremation - Your Incinerate automatically applies Immolate, and Conflagrate deals an additional 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage if the target is affected by your Immolate. Warrior
      Intercept - range changed was 25 yards and changed to 8-25 yards. Tier 21 Set Bonus Changes
      Death Knight
      Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 4P Bonus - Vampiric Blood Rune Haste Druid
      Item - Druid T21 Balance 4P Bonus - Starsurge/Starfall Buffs Moonfire/Sunfire Item - Druid T21 Guardian 4P Bonus - Bonus Healing After Barkskin Item - Druid T21 Restoration 2P Bonus - Yseras Gift Applies HoT Item - Druid T21 Restoration 4P Bonus - Ysera's Gift Heals Faster Hunter
      Item - Hunter T21 Beast Mastery 4P Bonus - Wild Call Kill Command Reset Item - Hunter T21 Marksmanship 2P Bonus - Marked Shot Buffs Focus Builders Item - Hunter T21 Marksmanship 4P Bonus - Marked Shot Sometimes Shoots Twice Item - Hunter T21 Survival 2P Bonus - Flanking Strikes Buffs Raptor Strike Crit Monk
      Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - Gust of Mists Applies Absorb Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - Renewing Mist Casts Heal Gust of Mist Targets Paladin
      Item - Paladin T21 Protection 2P Bonus - Judgement Heals You Item - Paladin T21 Protection 4P Bonus - Blocks Buff Judgement Damage Item - Paladin T21 Retribution 2P Bonus - HP Spenders Grant Secondary Stats Item - Paladin T21 Retribution 4P Bonus - Blade of Justice Doubles 2p Values - REWRITE TOOLTIP Priest
      Item - Priest T21 Discipline 4P Bonus - Power Word: Radiance Buffs Smite/Penance Item - Priest T21 Holy 2P Bonus - Prayer of Healing Procs Flash Heal/Heal Item - Priest T21 Holy 4P Bonus - Flash Heal/Heal Buffs Prayer of Healing Rogue
      Item - Rogue T21 Assassination 2P Bonus - Envenom Increases Poison Crit Chance Item - Rogue T21 Assassination 4P Bonus - Poison Crit Generates Energy Item - Rogue T21 Outlaw 4P Bonus - Run Through Grants Random RtB Buff Item - Rogue T21 Subtlety 2P Bonus - Combo Points Spent Buffs Backstab Item - Rogue T21 Subtlety 4P Bonus - Nightblade and Eviscerate CP Refund   Shaman
      Item - Shaman T21 Enhancement 2P Bonus - Rockbiter Buffs Fire/Nature Damage Item - Shaman T21 Restoration 2P Bonus - Immediate Heal In Healing Rain Area Item - Shaman T21 Restoration 4P Bonus - Heal Copies to Player in Healing Rain Warlock
      Item - Warlock T21 Affliction 4P Bonus - Corruption Causes Drain Soul Tick Faster Warrior
      Item - Warrior T21 Fury 2P Bonus - Rampage Damage Over Time Item - Warrior T21 Protection 2P Bonus - Demo Shout Buffs Shield Block Duration Achievements
      Here's a list of new achievements added in 24651.
      Adventurer of Argus Argus - Block 1 Unlock <DND> Argus - Block 2 Unlock <DND> Argus - Block 3 Unlock <DND> Commander of Argus Crucible's Promise Explore Argus Hounds Good To Me Infused and Abused Locked and Loaded Now You're Cooking with Netherlight Officer of the Light Paragon of Argus Protector of the Argussian Reach Raiding with Leashes V: Cuteaclysm Shoot First, Loot Later Spheres of Influence You Are Now Prepared! Items
      Grimoire of Lost Knowledge- Follower XP catch-up item Krokul Flute - an Argus version of Flight Master's Whistle that takes you to the nearest Lightforged Beacon to teleport back to the Vindicaar Taeshalach is a new transmog weapon dropping from Aggramar in Antorus, the Burning Throne. Imagine this to work like Hammer of Vigilance from Maiden of Vigilance in Tomb. The weapon will have a low drop rate.

A new (probably transmog) set carrying the "World-Defiler's" prefix has been added to the game. Source N/A. Maybe a reward from Invasion Points?

Mounts
      Acid Belcher

Biletooth Gnasher

Crimson Slavermaw

Kirin Tor Summoning Crystal - a phoenix mount from the Blood of the Titan quest. Beating the final boss in Antorus will probably start the quest as indicated by the following item: Blood of the Unmaker.

Lightforged Elekk drops from the Army of the Light paragon cache.

Pond Nettle - a new mount from Fishing.