Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blodoc

Need help with Demo AoE

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm still having some problems figuring out Demonology AoE. Usually, I cast Corruption on every mob, enter Demon Form (even without a lot of Energy), cast Doom on every one of them, Immolation Aura if possible (usually not), go to Human Form again and then start recasting Corruption and some Hand of Guldan. Still, I'm sure this is not the most efficient way of doing it. What to do when we've got a lot of mobs that need to go down as fast as possible? Thanks!

Demo AoE can be tricky because there are a lot of things to consider. How many targets are there? How fast do they die?

If there are several short-lived targets, trying to DoT them all wouldn't make much sense. In that instance, you would Meta>Immo Aura>2x Chaos Wave.

If you have a few longer-lived targets, you'd want to keep DoTs up on both and otherwise stick to your single target rotation. (Remember to use your felguard's Felstorm on cooldown.)

As the number of targets increase, you'lyou'll start adding Immo Aura into your Meta rotation and replace Shadowbolt with Hellfire.

You can find all of this information and more over at the Demo DPS guide on the rotations page.

Good luck!

AOE Rotation: Darksoul>Cataclysm & Felstorm>2x Chaos Wave>Immolation aura = gg 300k dps burst

The problem I'm facing the most is with several longer-life adds. I've read to dot everyone and stick with single-taeget rotation. But usually it's impossible because by the time I finish dotting every mob, it's time to start all over again. In such case the DPS is not that high.

That means

1) adds die to fast or

2) you need to long to dot all of them.

if 1) then

AOE Rotation: Darksoul>Cataclysm & Felstorm>2x Chaos Wave>Immolation aura = gg 300k dps burst

if 2) try to be faster. that's manaeged best with an mouseovermacro.

I'm using the following

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,exists]corruption;corruption

This will cast corruption (or doom if in meta) on your (enemy) mouseovertarget, if ther is none it just will cast the spell to your selected target. The easiest way to do so is mouseovering the enemy nameplates.

Edited by Neca

That means

1) adds die to fast or

2) you need to long to dot all of them.

if 1) then

if 2) try to be faster. that's manaeged best with an mouseovermacro.

I'm using the following

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,exists]corruption;corruption

This will cast corruption (or doom if in meta) on your (enemy) mouseovertarget, if ther is none it just will cast the spell to your selected target. The easiest way to do so is mouseovering the enemy nameplates.

The mouseover macro can also be written with less characters as follows:

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Corruption

I use the nodead option as it checks to make sure the unit the mouse over is alive as well as that it exists, the other macro would try to cast the spell even if the mouse was over a hostile corpse. 

The second [] is just a simple way of specifying current target is no other options are true, this accomplishes the same as the second corruption after the semicolon in the previous post.

I actually use a slightly more complex macro for my corruption, it is as follows:

#showtooltip
/target [noexists][dead]mouseover
/petattack [harm,nodead]
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Corruption

The first extra line in the macro will target who your mouse is currently hovering over if you do not have a target, or your current target is dead, this makes it very easy to switch targets.

The second extra line will set your pet to attack your current target if it is hostile and not dead, this is very useful as it allows you to maintain tighter control over your pet by keeping it on a more passive stance. 

Please note in this macro the pet is sent against your current target, not the unit your mouse is over, so its possible to DoT multiple targets without changing who your pet is attacking.

Edited by LunaEclipse

Thx for this one, I normally use [nodead] as well, but the petattack part is indeed very useful.

I'm actually not sure if this would work

/target [noexists][dead]mouseover
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

to target your mouseover target if your current target is dead und to target the nearest enemy if there's no mouseovertarget and the actual target is dead.

For adds with bigger life, is it worth it to enter Meta right after Corruption is in everyone just to cast Doom or is it better to wait for more Energy?

BTW, I'm using the mouseover macro as well, great help indeed!

For adds with bigger life, is it worth it to enter Meta right after Corruption is in everyone just to cast Doom or is it better to wait for more Energy?

BTW, I'm using the mouseover macro as well, great help indeed!

Can you please elaborate which encounter falls under the "adds with bigger life"?  I feel like everything currently explodes and the Dark soul > cata > meta/aura > 2xCW is the go to which will cover 95% of BRF aoe situations.  

The only fight where you need a longer rotation would be Tectus and that's not really current at the moment.  I cast cata in human form for all cases now since nothing lasts 15 sec (PS I play demonbolt on Iron Maidens).

When you drop cata on a group of mobs that wont live that long, you can just target around refreshing corruption with ToC while immolation aura is running.  If you hit enough adds (don't remember exact number) the fury generation from corruption will allow you to sustain meta form and spam ToC.

Can you please elaborate which encounter falls under the "adds with bigger life"? I feel like everything currently explodes and the Dark soul > cata > meta/aura > 2xCW is the go to which will cover 95% of BRF aoe situations.

The only fight where you need a longer rotation would be Tectus and that's not really current at the moment. I cast cata in human form for all cases now since nothing lasts 15 sec (PS I play demonbolt on Iron Maidens).

For example, the adds and the spears from Beast Lord don't have a lot of HP actually, but must be down ASAP. I don't know if dots only are enough for this purpose. Immolation aura is a must here it seems. Edited by Blodoc

For example, the adds and the spears from Beast Lord don't have a lot of HP actually, but must be down ASAP. I don't know if dots only are enough for this purpose. Immolation aura is a must here it seems.

The spears don't need to be nuked ASAP. They can be left alive until he mounts Dreadwing, which is the third out of the four beasts.

We left them up until Dreadwing, at which point we cleared any existing ones to soft reset them, then went back to DoTing.

In a fight like tectus as it should be the aoe rotation?

And is it better to use cataclysm with meta up or it's the same if used in caster form?