FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
arcaneninja

Chi Explosion & Serenity (Windwalker)

Hi,

I'm currently having an issue with switching between Chi Explosion (w/ Ascension) & Serenity (w/ Chi Brew). I think I have an understanding of how to open up and what rotation I should be sticking to - but I'm having way too much downtime and it's really hurting my DPS. I'd really like to get out of my comfort zone with using Serenity (and at this point I think it's about time I do so too!) as I think it'd really help during raids.

Here is my character -

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Serar%C3%ADa/simple

I understand that Haste > Multistrike when switching to Chi Explosion. How should I be balancing these two stats out? Would it be a good idea to change the gems and/or enchants I'm using? I'm quite happy with my ST but I wouldn't want to sacrifice this for the fights that are exclusively ST. Would it be a case of swapping certain items out for fights?

Another thing; should I always be giving priority to 4 Chi when using Chi Explosion? In what situation would this be different?

Thanks

Edited by arcaneninja

Okay immalet you finish but first do not take Ascension, its a big pile of shit and Power Strikes is a Chi goldmine.

Secondly, no, haste is not better than anything. Your options are Crit/Mastery/Multistrike. I personally prefer crit for HCs, but Mastery is best for Mythic BrF.

Next, the ChiEx lesson.

2 chi ChiEx is the biggest dps gain and easiest shuffle uptime gain. Use this when you're not currently tanking anything, or if there is no incoming boss damage that requires you to purify immediately.

Use 3x ChiEx when you are actively tanking AND need to purify.

Use 4x ChiEx on cleave fights, such as twin ogrons/tectus etc

I assume you're talking WW?

Logs. Logs, logs, logs, logs. Get logs.

I'll make sure to get some logs after the next raid with the guild!

Nevermind i assumed Brewmaster, the master class

Whoops - sorry! Forgot to mention that. Actually still helpful advice though since I'd like to get into Brewmaster when raiding at some point, so thanks! smile.png

Edited by arcaneninja

I'd like to revive this thread. I'm also gearing and learning WW monk and having a hard time pulling competitive DPS. Since it's already hard enough to gear for one setup (ie, Ascension/Chi Brew and aiming for multistrike), since you have to kill the boss, hope the piece drops, and then win it, it would be a very very long time before compiling two sets of gear (one haste based and the other multi), what are some tips the community has for gearing in a way that maximizes both talent setups? By looking at the armories of high ranked monks, I see most with gear that's gemmed/enchanted for multi... Is that the way to go?

I'd like to revive this thread. I'm also gearing and learning WW monk and having a hard time pulling competitive DPS. Since it's already hard enough to gear for one setup (ie, Ascension/Chi Brew and aiming for multistrike), since you have to kill the boss, hope the piece drops, and then win it, it would be a very very long time before compiling two sets of gear (one haste based and the other multi), what are some tips the community has for gearing in a way that maximizes both talent setups? By looking at the armories of high ranked monks, I see most with gear that's gemmed/enchanted for multi... Is that the way to go?

I've been incredibly unlucky for loot drops, and even moreso on my rolls when the things I need do drop.  Literally all my BiS pieces are from bonus rolls...no kidding.  But you can check my armory here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/%C3%96w/advanced

I find my gear, gems, and enchant to be a good setup for hybrid Ascension+ChiEx/Chi Brew+Serenity.  I'm obviously non-competitive with folks that are all BiS for each situational use, but I do get the job done and I'm at least somewhat satisfied.  I have no set bonuses yet, my trinkets are in dire need of upgrading, and I'm running with Warsong on my weapon (mainly because as you can see, my gear lacks the haste I need for ChiEx, and it's a 2-hander.  I would run Frostwolf if I had a second set, tier bonuses, and more crit+multi).

Edited by Oww

Thank you Oww for your response. I see that you've gone multistrike, like many others, so I guess I'm doing well in that category. The path from here I suppose is just try to gear up as best as possible and focus more on rotation/performance than gear... BTW, cool transmog XD

Thank you Oww for your response. I see that you've gone multistrike, like many others, so I guess I'm doing well in that category. The path from here I suppose is just try to gear up as best as possible and focus more on rotation/performance than gear... BTW, cool transmog XD

You're welcome, and thanks to you, too!

(Funny thing, cause the next day after I linked my armory, I actually started winning rolls for necessary items in my Tuesday reset PUG...and now I'm really only missing 1 important item: 4th tier piece)