FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Babyarm

Prot Warrior threat

Ok, I am a 660 prot warrior tanking beside a 673 prot pally. My question is, should I be ripping agro super easily? It doesn't seem like I should to me but when he is tanking I pretty much have to stand there and auto attack. This is very frustrating on fights such as butcher where I need to attack and build rage to mitigate damage. I appreciate any responses in advance.

I personally have not had this issue too much. I tank along side a 680ish (im 680ish) monk, but if we lust on pull he cannot out threat me. Once the fight is established he has no further issues. Your other tank is likely not properly managing his GCDs. A quick fix is to have him taunt even while at top threat because it applies a debuff that increases threat generation by him by 200%. I have seen it said that while this debuff is applied the target is recieving apporximately 1400% additional threat. A longer answer is to have him better manage his GCDs. The only other large impact would be if he somehow had an absolutely terrible weapon.

I also experience the same thing as you OP and Im a 674 prot warrior tanking along side a 677 blood DK. After the prot dmg buff warriors have one of if not the highest threat generation and (tanking ST) DPS. Pretty much the only thing you can do it not go balls to the wall with DPS when you're not tanking, keep an eye on your threat meter to make sure you dont over aggro when you're not supposed to.

@Sirtip If a warrior cant pull aggro from a Monk the warrior is doing something wrong, but that is not the issue at hand.

I shred threat on pull. Mt cotank and I have managed this by having me pull every boss. It's not perfect, but it works and it's better than just sitting on your hands for ten seconds.

Before our buff in January, I was struggling to keep aggro with my Paladin OT.

Now with our buff, when I'm not tanking, a lot of the time I just have to auto attack or be very careful...