FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Funkyfister

BRF Gear and 4set Stat priorities

Alright so I've been running Simcraft for a bit to see whats going on and I'm getting odd results.

The priorities I've been getting are Wdps > Agi ~= WOHdps > Mult > Haste > Vers ~= Crit > Mastery

So its MS>haste>vers>crit. And thats with Xuen,Serenity and Chi Brew.

Shouldnt it be MS>crit>everything else?  Anybody experienced something similar when simming their monks past 670 ilevel?

I mostly prioritized MS and Crit gear and now it looks like I messed up.

Granted, Haste, Versatility and Crit are really close together now, but its something thats bugging me.

Also, are the weights changing significantly with the 4set bonus? It mostly boosts MS damage so I guess this one will still be the best stat by far.

Lot of issues/questions:

Chi Brew? Power Strikes is a lot better for Chi.

2h weapon > DW

Haste is basically bad, always.

4pc is basically bad also, just not worth it Vs. the loss in good stats from off items.

Lot of issues/questions:

Chi Brew? Power Strikes is a lot better for Chi.

2h weapon > DW

Haste is basically bad, always.

4pc is basically bad also, just not worth it Vs. the loss in good stats from off items.

While I'm not running with any set bonuses yet, I'm definitely showing my 2hander (talrok polearm - ilvl 680) pulling ahead drastically over dual wielding (ilvl 686 forgehammer and ilvl 680 chainfist), in-game.  I dunno what parsing and simc is showing.  I am avg ilvl 681.

I'm also wanting to put some real game-time into playing with Power Strikes.  BRF is keeping me extremely power starved, much moreso than HM ever did, and I'm beginning to think more passive chi generation will become the attractive choice now.

Even with the lack of extra TEB stacks from chi brew, I still think it may be useful to go with Power Strikes.  There's just too many situations I'm finding myself in that I am needing to store TEB stacks over a longer period of time and then blow everything I've got at pristine moments.

I hope other folks get into playing with Power Strikes, too.  It will be interesting to see what folks come up with.

And I also plan on working Torpedo into a rotation over the weekend in order to be prepared for 6.1 and to see just how well it plays.

I can see so much potential for Torpedo's use on fights like Maidens, Furnace, and Blackhand where even being a DPS loss (obviously so over RJW on Maidens), the added raid-wide healing on Furnace P2 and Blackhand all 3 phases will more than make up for it.  I just fear that raids will see our DPS loss and forget than we just added 30k HPS.

Edited by Oww