FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bhuta

Affliction Threat Issue? 5.1

Hey Guys...

Ran into several threat issues last night in our guild MV run, just wanted to check and see if anyone else is having similar problems. Pulled threat off the Stone Guards AND Spirit Binder... it was almost as if I was sticking a thumb up their respective butts (read: southpark reference for really pissing them off *grins*). I even ended up swapping into my destro spec a time or two to offset it. Not sure if I (or the tanks) were just rusty coming off the holiday break, or if something in the recent patch made us affliction locks a little more scary to the big baddies.

If it helps, here's a WoL link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lnc0rbfx0l3vtrbg/

I can be found on the armory: Bhuta @ Farstriders

Appreciate your input!

Cheers,

Das Bhut

I did 115k DPS to the last boss in Scholomance while the tank did 25k and no other DPS did above 35k. My girl did 40k on her Holy Paladin and I never had to Soulshatter. I think your tanks messed up or they have some bugs in their threat mechanics. Affliction threat is fine.

Thanks for weighing in everyone. Its probably fair to point fingers at the tanks (our main tank DK just got hit with the nerfbat pretty hard, and our offtank just switched his main from DK to warrior)... it's likely they just need a few more pulls under their belts to acclimate (and get back into the groove after a week off). I think I'll just slow down the pew pew a little (i.e. waiting a rotation or so to blow my cd's)... and see how it goes.

If I keep getting smacked around like a little goblin stepchild, I'll be back (consider yourself warned) *grins*

Thanks again!

Das Bhut