FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Twinkielock

Ranking Help

Good morning,

Below are some logs, and I am trying to figure out how I can push this fight above 100% so I can rank on it.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50b8cefc74254e105f000f61#targets

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d3zx2s6hthnxx7iz/details/23/?s=2644&e=3076

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draka/pokeadot/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draka/Twinkielock/advanced

The one fel flame cast I did was an old habit moving. Was his better Haunt uptime the big difference why the other lock did much more damage than me? Am I missing anything else?

Thank you for an awesome site!

• Like 1

Hiya,

The only thing I can see (and I'm new to warlock, so you can mostly ignore me too if you want) is that you don't have 2nd BP (aka 4717 haste) and he has it.

And nvm, didn't see trinket.. :$

Edited by Gwemul

Hiya,

The only thing I can see (and I'm new to warlock, so you can mostly ignore me too if you want) is that you don't have 2nd BP (aka 4717 haste) and he has it.

And nvm, didn't see trinket.. :$

I am a Goblin so I am 4250. Is that trinket he has THAT good?

He did 4,217,865 more damage than you.

what happened here that his dps skyrocketed? That's about the same time he dropped his doomguard, but i don't think that would cause that kind of reaction since your doomguard drop during the bloodlust didn't have as a dramatic of an effect.

Posted Image

You want to beat him? pre-pot on the pull and pot on execution phase. Neither of you did either on this fight.

Surely a pot can't account for 4.2M damage though.

not nearly. and his doomguard only did 10K more damage than yours, that's why i don't think that spike is due to the pet. but whatever that spike is, can help get you closer.

Offering a suggestion as to why he has that spike, whereas you do not.

IF he is tracking his ICDs, which any afflock should be, he may have planned his execute phase DS:M around them - that's what I'd have done.

Details of the spike:

<20% life, i.e.execute phase.

Used DS:M. Planned.

Used Synapse Springs during DS:M. Probably planned.

Kept full haunt uptime during DS:M. Planned.

Near full Drain Soul uptime during DS:M. Planned.

Near full Jade Spirit uptime during DS:M. Sheer luck, the bastard, though he may have noted the initial proc and used his DS:M on purpose then.

Blessing of the Celestials trinket proc during DS:M. Probably planned.

In comparison to your execute phase uptimes, your haunt is patchier, and most of your procs aren't particularly aligned. You didn't have the best uptime on haunt during your DS:M either.

In summary, he probably had a little better luck in tersm of his timings going into that phase, but it's nothing you cant match with a bit of forethought and planning. Stacking buffs/CDs within execute phase is the way to go :D

Gluck!

• Like 1

it seems like the other lock itemizes like a boss...he probably theory crafted all his gear and chose very wisely for stats...not so sure if I agree with his gemming but maybe that was a personal choice for ilvl.

also, you are using the mithril stop watch....never use that abomination Posted Image

but yeah timing procs on execute phase seems to be the only thing different your gear is good, remember to hit that 4717 haste mark! that always pushes us locks into the danger zone!

Edited by DataSoong

it seems like the other lock itemizes like a boss...he probably theory crafted all his gear and chose very wisely for stats...not so sure if I agree with his gemming but maybe that was a personal choice for ilvl.

also, you are using the mithril stop watch....never use that abomination Posted Image

but yeah timing procs on execute phase seems to be the only thing different your gear is good, remember to hit that 4717 haste mark! that always pushes us locks into the danger zone!

I'm a goblin, 4250 should me good. The sad thing is about the stop watch is I've had very bad luck with Trinkets.

Just farm everyday Gate of setting Sun hc or Nuizao Temple hc, and try our lucky with one of those trinkets. Much better then that stop watch garbage.

Just farm everyday Gate of setting Sun hc or Nuizao Temple hc, and try our lucky with one of those trinkets. Much better then that stop watch garbage.

Even better - get Revered with Shado-Pan and/or the Dominance Offensive/Operation Shieldwall. Their trinkets are better than the heroic ones, unless you need hit from the Globule.

If you've been serious about your dailies, Revered Shado-Pan drops a viable trinket (leaps and bounds better than the stopwatch poo) and Revered Offensive/Shieldwall offers a fantastic trinket, very close to Light of the Cosmos, just with the procs reversed.

Sadly, I've been behind on my dailies. Too busy trying to recruit for our 25 man guild. I am working on the dailes for Offensive. That stopwatch will give me ~1k more mastery if my math is correct. Once i get the rep would you go with Darkmoon/Offensive trinkets?