FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Quest Completion Checker

I must say...this has been the most helpful tool on this website that I default to, especially during my trying task of finishing up Loremaster. Most zones were not an issue, but let me offer you all a piece of advice...if you EVER decide to do Loremaster, save Blade's Edge Mountains for the end. If you start here, you will quit here. I was tearing my hair out in place looking for quests until I found this quest completion checker. Now I'm 140 quests away, thanks for Icy-Veins ability to put me back on the path.

I do wonder how quickly you'll have the quest data up and running for us completionists for Mists of Pandaria quests. Is it possible to data mine this out in the beta or do you just have to sit and wait?

• Like 1

I did Loremaster and The Seeker before Cata launched the old fashioned way of Wowhead and some crappy Loremaster achievement guide.

Then Cata hit and the questing achievements for each zone went live. When I didn't retroactively receive credit for any of them, I did this:

Posted Image

Edited by LCSscallywag

I think one of the worst parts is the fact that some zones still have quests marked as complete from old Loremaster where as some others dont. The quests for Alliance players in and around Theramore hardly changed but you still had to go through the entire lot again. Still think I have a few zones to complete on Kalimdor and cant bring myself to finish them off!

• Like 1

Totally agree - I couldn't be bothered to finish it off before the flying came in (general lazyitis) and really kicking myself now. The thought of re-doing all those quests is killer - managed northerend & cata easily enough, quit part way through outland and going back to the initial zones...

Well perhaps I'll get around to it during the holidays! Otherwise it just seems like an exessive amount of time, helper or not.

Thanks for the feedback Zagam!

The tool should be updated relatively quickly. We get the quests details (name and zone) from Wowhead. I am pretty certain that they will do a great job with Mists of Pandaria, so there is no reason for us not to update the tool within the first week of the release of Mists of Pandaria.

That said, the tool will be a lot less attractive in this next expansion. Blizzard added a new default feature where you can see most of the nearby quests directly on the zone map. When I say "nearby", it means that, for example, in Jade Forest, you can see the yellow exclamation mark in Nectarbreeze Orchard from Dawn's Blossom.

• Like 1

That said, the tool will be a lot less attractive in this next expansion. Blizzard added a new default feature where you can see most of the nearby quests directly on the zone map. When I say "nearby", it means that, for example, in Jade Forest, you can see the yellow exclamation mark in Nectarbreeze Orchard from Dawn's Blossom.

Ow right I forgot about that, I think it's a great addition to the game. I like how they still add in small things like this all the time, like allowing to have both mineral and herbalism tracking at the same time, showing where to get quest items on the map etc. People often forget these small upgrades to the game.

Hmmm not so sure about this one, I used to enjoy exploring brand new zones for the first time, not knowing if a new village / quest hub lay ahead, or there was a zeppelin crash just around the corner.

I'm assuming you can toggle the feature Damien?

The way that quests have been bread-crumbed to death and the way in which you are hand holded through zones means its never been hard to really finish zones off. Its only if you leave the zone halfway through and decide to come back at a later date that can be an issue and even then the quest tracker would be more useful for that sort of outcome anyway.

Sorry if I come across as a little grumpy today, just seems another way to hand hold people. I understand that Blizzard dont want you to have to leave the game to research and things, but lets face it its a part of being a MMO player, and if we didnt look to 3rd party sources for information we wouldnt even be here at Icy Veins would we!

• Like 1

I'm assuming you can toggle the feature Damien?

The way that quests have been bread-crumbed to death and the way in which you are hand holded through zones means its never been hard to really finish zones off. Its only if you leave the zone halfway through and decide to come back at a later date that can be an issue and even then the quest tracker would be more useful for that sort of outcome anyway.

Sorry if I come across as a little grumpy today, just seems another way to hand hold people. I understand that Blizzard dont want you to have to leave the game to research and things, but lets face it its a part of being a MMO player, and if we didnt look to 3rd party sources for information we wouldnt even be here at Icy Veins would we!

I didn't see an option to turn it off.

Honestly, I still think that questing in Mists of Pandaria is lot nicer than questing in Cataclysm. In every zone, you have a main quest line, which is rather linear, but you also have a bunch of optional quest lines with a lot of lore information. And I am under the impression that only the first quest of each optional quest line is indicated on the map.

I was wondering if I could get some help on a zone i can't find in quest checker. I've been trying to get two quests in Vash'jir, but have been unsuccssful. I'm running three toons atm though it, two of the got the drops right away, but my mage, over 20 kills later and still no drop. The addon quest query, says I've not completed them. But thought I'd check Icy Veins quest checker to be sure (even though in my hear of hearts I know I haven't completed them). When I to to quest checker, however, I can't find the zone for Vash'jir. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong? It's there and I'm just not seeing it, or I'm looking in the wrong place as Vash'jir is an area and not a real zone or something like that. The two quests I'm trying to complete are Blackfin's booty and Lady La-La's Medallion. I've read in the forums that these two are bugged, but, as I said, my first toon, first kill got the drops for both. Second toon is the one I'm having trouble with. Third toon got the drops after two or three kills. I've killed roughly 20 or more Gilblin Collector's with no drop and I've killed both Blackfin and Gilbingle roughly 10 times each, with no joy. :( Anyway, back to my issue, I am having trouble finding the zone Vash'jir in quest checker. Does one exist? And, am I looking at the wrong zone header? Thanks.