FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LANcruiser

6.1 SD or Slam?

Good afternoon all

Sitting at work and I cant wait to test Arms. Has anybody been hitting the dummy since 6.1 launched? What's the verdict? Should I stay with Sudden Death or is Slam actually viable? My honest opinion is that Slam will still be falling short. Being a talent is just such bad design. 

But this aint a hate thread. Some feedback on the above would be much appreciated.

Have a blessed day

The best answer would be to simply run the Simulation changing the talent. I haven't done this yet but I'd start there. =)

The best answer would be to simply run the Simulation changing the talent. I haven't done this yet but I'd start there. =)

Will do mate and thanks for the tip. Please let me know when you get around to doing it as well. The information in your posts is always top notch and accurate. Cheers 

I ran a quick sim with the sample profile for Arms Warrior in Mythic Warforged gear (701 item level). The settings were similar to that in my Arms Guide which center around single target, stand-still, and burn @ 1,000 iterations.

Slam: 49,018, 49,125, 49,033

Sudden Death: 48,666, 48,546, 48,651

I ran each talent choice three times and the results are above, separated accordingly. I haven't, yet, taken the time to try the other imported profiles (5-Man Heroic, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) but it's interesting to see at the BiS level Slam pulls ahead.

The biggest difference with the numbers above is 579 DPS. Considering the profiles that generated this difference I say it comes down to a personal preference. 579 DPS at a 701 item level is not going to make or break your numbers. If you're a min/max type of player and take it to the point that 1 DPS higher is 1 DPS more then, sure, you have your results. In reality though.... pick whichever you want.

I hope this helps and thanks for your last post. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'd say SD is still better in 6.1

My reasoning behind this is because comparing slam vs execute procs isn't really the thing you should focus on the most.

When you spec slam you are going to use it instead of whirlwind to fill the blanks.

Slam does more damage than WW if you consider the amount of rage they both cost.

But, realistically fights where slam does more damage than WW are single target fights and most warriors specced Fury for those anyway.

Slam can do more damage than whirlwind if and only if you get to spam it like crazy which is often not the case. (especially when you have at least 2 pieces of tier)

From what I've seen so far I'm fairly confident to say that slam is still a non-viable talent if you can spec fury.

People who don't have the gear to spec fury they can now spec for slam and have an easier time managing their rage.

I hope this helps and thanks for your last post. 

Don't mention it mate, credit is due where credit is due. Thanks for your time and effort

I'd say SD is still better in 6.1

I agree! With the amount of movement we're faced with in raiding environments, SD just makes a lot more sense. I may just try it out on Gruul but other than that it's Execute all the way. And as you said, Fury is getting better as the ilvl gets better. It's just sad that they had to nerf Fury's execute. I don't think Ive seen a Fury E-crit of more than 60K (taking into account that my ilvl is only 670 now) sad.png . Thanks for your contribution! 

It's just sad that they had to nerf Fury's execute. I don't think Ive seen a Fury E-crit of more than 60K (taking into account that my ilvl is only 670 now) sad.png

I was playing fury for the lulz and my highest crit (mhand+offhand) at the beginning of the fight was about 160k with an average of 40k on both mainhand and offhand

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jxBKWaw9JFr83zGb#type=damage-done&source=10&ability=5308&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%2473987509.0.0.Warrior%24true%2476814.0.0.Boss%24false%24163558&view=events

my fury gear is 675ish

Edited by keaghen