Solidbottom

3year break from Prot Paladin - Back and hurting

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hello. I raided BC and WoTK with a Prot paladin to extreme success. Server firsts, top ranked, etc... whatever. I since have taken a 3 year break from paladins and a absence from wow entirely for probably 18months. I only came back for Warlords. This is the very. VERY first time i've ever posted or asked for help from anyone. This is a pride i'm choking down to admit I nee help! 

I am now raiding with a pretty good group trying to get the train rolling again. My problem is since Holy Power was introduced, I seem to have never really re-grasped my Paladin. We are downing bosses and being somewhat successful but as the raid leader, My confidence is shot because I feel as if I am part of the problem. My DPS is sub-par, and my damage taken is chunky and terrifying.

Armoryhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Solidbottom/simple

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d4pDAM189yrWcbkX/

My concerns are lack of dps due to something inherently wrong with my actions. My rotation is the Icyveins/Theck rotation. I follow sacred duty, got as much haste as I could etc etc. Also use his weak auras to try and stay ontop of it. I feel as if, If I don't get lucky procs for SotR or have a cooldown up at all times. (perfect rotations) one tiny slip up by even 2 seconds and I get murdered into having to blow a cooldown I wanted for later, etc etc. 

Our Druid tank is shitting all over me in burst damage taken and dps. Can anyone see something inherently wrong with my Character or my logs? 

To be honest I am not the best at reading other peoples logs but you seem to have the general idea of what you need to do. If you are having troubles with taking too much damage remeber that you can always heal up those gaps in your mitigation, I know that sounds like an obvious thing to do but I have seen a number of Paladins forego healing just to put some extra time on SotR when healing would be more benificial at that point. I sypathise with your threat problem as some of the other tanks while bursting can cause threat problems and you may need to discuss with your other tank when he can burst or maybe make sure your Rogue and Hunter are using MD and tricks on you when needed.

You did say that you have only just returned to Paladin so it could be as simple as that you have just not settled back in yet.

From what I can see on those logs, you are doing pretty fine dps as your current ilvl and talents you have.

It's seems that you want to make thing smoother on your defensive plus damage done, so I suggest you you make some changes on talents ( Holy Avenger instead of Divine purpose - if you know how to use Seraphim well, thats better choice).

So if you are main tank to start fight first, as opener I suggest you to SS yourself 2 time to get bubble buff well then pull boss, after that make sure to proc Seraphim quickly as possible, then cast your Holy avenger and build as much as SoTr proc you can (it also help your dps too b/c every cast of SoTr will increase your burst dps). After this phase im pretty sure your druid tank will taunt boss of you and you dont need to worry about damage taken unless something happen, in this moment since Seraphim Cooldown is only 30 sec, be ready to use it with Divine protection (if you have it glyphed) to smooth your damage taken until you get your Holy avenger back ready for use.

Just a Couple of suggestions, firstly your Sacred Sheild uptime is only around 80% this needs to be much closer to 100% 

Shield of the Righteous uptime could be better aswell. 

I would suggest trying out the Serephim build on some target dummies and seeing if you are able to play it, it will smooth out your damage taken and give you a nice bursty increase to your DPS 

your SS uptime on butcher was perfect and you should be aiming for that every time, 

take a look at my setup if you want an idea for talents. glyphs change per boss as do some talents but this should give you a good baseline. 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Na%C3%BAss/simple 

I really appreciate it guys. Thank you for the notes and tips. I got torn apart on the WoW forums with every little thing. So tips on progressing to a better performance is far more helpful. I will keep at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ayriea
      Last Pull is a progression focused mythic raiding guild located on the US Cenarius realm. Founded in February 2007, Last Pull has been raiding high end content, not missing a single tier, since the early days of Burning Crusade
      Like any progress guild, we put an emphasis on performance and creating a roster that will succeed in even the toughest content, but we put just as much value on fostering a strong, respectful, and stable community where our raiders can feel at home. We feel this combination of ideals is the secret that has kept our guild both stable and successful.

Recruitment Needs
      We are currently looking to fill 1 DPS and an exceptional healer to our roster. Please see below for the classes we're looking for.
      - Warlock
      - Mage
      - Shadow Priest
      - Boomkin / Resto Druid
      - Elemental / Enhancement Shaman
      - Windwalker / Mistweaver Monk
      - Rogue
      - Death Knight
      - Demon Hunter
      If we are not looking for your class, feel free to apply as we will happily make exceptions for great players. Our primary goal is to find players who will fit in well with our community and have an eye on constant improvement. 

Raiding Schedule
      Tues/Wed/Thurs
      7-10 PM server time (PST)
      Raid invites go out 15 mins before raid time. 

There is an optional alt raid on Saturdays where we clear normal Antorus and some heroic bosses if people are interested. 

Progression
      We raid Tues/Weds/Thurs from 7 to 10 pm pacific time.
      - 7/11 Mythic Antorus 
      - 7/9 Mythic TOS
      - 6/10 Mythic NH

Contact Us
      Interested in checking us out?
      Visit our discord at https://discord.gg/W6UYdvu
      Check out our website at http://www.lastpull.com
      Officers Battle.net - Slimey42#0202 / Illestra#1465 / Avandar#1669
      Officers Discord - Illestra#3916 / Avandar#6729
    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which semi-recently transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some shit.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are in need of any competent DPS, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun, casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented focus to finish heroic in current content.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - preference for Shaman and Paladin
      Shaman, Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Deadly
      Good day people of the forums!
      Heavy Metal Gaming (Kel'thuzad) is a 2 day, casual guild looking to recruit a few more to round out our roster, and looking ahead to Battle for Azeroth.

Although we are casual, the roster is made up of exceptional players, and we are looking for like-minded/skilled players that are vocal in discord, and engage with the rest of the guild.

The guild and group is made up of friends that have been gaming together for 10+ years. Many of us previously raiding in Top 50 guilds during TBC, WoTLK, and Cata.
      For Legion we are AOTC for all raid content.
      We are looking for:

DPS
      Ranged:
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman

Melee:
      Ret Paladin
      Enhancement Shaman

Raid Times
      Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10PM MST
      If you are interested in a laid back guild, but still want to crush raids please respond to this thread, or feel free to add me:
      in game: Deadly#1230
      Or on discord: Deadly#2239