FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
archiillies

>Help with pally healing.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/c40e1d24-8864-41d4-9c2c-e9ad194d6080/overview 

Hey these are my logs as the pally healer in my guild. i switched to healing to be more useful in my raid and now i want to try to get better. sometimes my hps are like 25 k and some times 45k so i want to see what im doing wrong. 

amory 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/ragnaros/Archiillies/

thanks for your time! 

The Mr. Robot link doesn't work.

Specced and Glyphed fine, so really not much to go on without a working logs.

Hey archiillies, first and foremost, you won't rock every fight. We excel in some fights hard core, and we absolutely suck in others

Based on your first linked fight, length was 11 minutes. So with that you should be able to get in ROUGHLY 110 holy shocks on perfect CD rotation w/ NO procs. Add in procs and it would be more of course. So 85 is ok, but it could go up. Also, you have a ton of FoL, huge mana dump. Really only an 'oh shit' heal. I maybe cast 10 in a 10 minutes fight. If you've got that much spirit to sustain that many FoL, maybe swap a couple pieces stats to drop some spirit for bigger/faster heals (crit/haste). 85 shocks = 85 HP, so at the very least you should have had 28. Otherwise you're just pooling (wasting) Holy Power. I also noticed you heal tanks a decent amount. They're not your highest on the list which is good, but they should really only be healed direct in those 'oh shit' situations which I see a bunch of your FoL are on the druid and monk. If you compare to Salv, the other pally, he had 130 shoclks and 71 EF's. I see 6 AW's, I think you could get one more in an 11 minutes fight but that's pretty good. Macro your trinket in with AW, bigger buff and it's only one button.

So biggest things are shock on CD (easy as it's instant)

Don't pool HP

Don't heal tank direct unless necessary as we excel more when that isn't our role.

With 2 pallies and 2 druids, all the hots on tanks and beacon heals should be enough to keep them up, provided they use their own defensives as well. On those spike use a shock and a HL proc.

Your butcher fight was awesome, you got max shocks and then some, lots of EF going out. You just need to try and do what you did there on other fights, which understandably can be a challenge with movement. Hence, excelling in some fights and crumbling in others.

Hey guys, precarious here!

Sorry to necro this thread but could you also take a look at my healing done too? I'm trying to catch up with archii :D

Many thanks :)

Sorry, you're a priest, I don't know much if anything about priests, haha. Other than the fact that disc is friggin numbers numbers numbers w/ those absorbs. Might be best to just repost in the priest forums with the same links.