FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Soultrain

Spark rotation on elegon

So for phase 2 of Elegon I seem to have some trouble dropping the sparks after the second set. I have searing totem down and also Primal earth elemental, get flame shock up on the spark and then hit it with a Lava Lash and pray i proc another one. Seems like burst is highly reliant on how many Lava Surge procs you get in that time frame. I could change it up and bit and save my DPS CDs for then, but i liking opening the fight with Ascendance and fire elemental since I have it all aimed at the boss and no time is wasted switching targets etc.. I've been forced to pull in my frost DK on this fight. Any advice on what to cast to get the third and fourth wave down? I would prefer not to use CDs for this if possible. I will link my armory when i get home from work. Need to change back into Ele gear.

on a side note I was considering swapping to Enhance since it is simming much higher. What is that burst like for that spec?

Edited by Soultrain

I don't know a lot about Elemental, so I can't help you much.

Wrt Enhancement - assuming you made sure to save up five stacks of Searing Flames and Maelstrom Weapon, you could get in quite a lot of damage quite quickly.The problem of course being that you need to keep up with it in Enhance spec, that would make it more difficult. Enhance is certainly not bad, but don't expect a spec change to automatically fix everything :)

So for phase 2 of Elegon I seem to have some trouble dropping the sparks after the second set. I have searing totem down and also Primal earth elemental, get flame shock up on the spark and then hit it with a Lava Lash and pray i proc another one. Seems like burst is highly reliant on how many Lava Surge procs you get in that time frame. I could change it up and bit and save my DPS CDs for then, but i liking opening the fight with Ascendance and fire elemental since I have it all aimed at the boss and no time is wasted switching targets etc.. I've been forced to pull in my frost DK on this fight. Any advice on what to cast to get the third and fourth wave down? I would prefer not to use CDs for this if possible. I will link my armory when i get home from work. Need to change back into Ele gear.

on a side note I was considering swapping to Enhance since it is simming much higher. What is that burst like for that spec?

This is confusing. You say you are having trouble on sparks, and describe what your doing on your Enhancement Shaman for the sparks.

Then you close with, "on a side note I was considering swapping to Enhance. Uhm? What are you? Enh or Ele? Lol?

Anyway, if it's ELEMENTAL:

Keep FS up on Elegon at all times through this phase (as you should be doing anyway).

Have a full set of Lightning Shield orb stacks going into the phase (5-7).

Then when each set of sparks comes up, FS it. Lava Burst it. Elemental Blast it. Earth Shock (Fulmination) it. It's probably dead. If not squeeze in a few lightning bolts. It should definitely be dead by than.

Then, hop out to reset your stacks. Hop back in and spam Elegon with Lightning Bolt to regain your stacks of Lightning Shield.

Rinse and repeat.

This is where SimC''s/simming really, really, really, really, really, urkes me:

"Should i switch specs because so and so is simming higher?" No. Elemental is doing just fine (for once it seems lol). Play what you want to play. Posted Image

Good luck.

EDIT:

I don' play Enh much, but if you asking this question about Enh:

searing totem down -> flame shock -> lava lash -> PEE ?

this is confusing too O.o that cannot be the Enh rotation for sparks lol...like...at all lol

Edited by Eyeya
  • Like 2

I was a bit confused by the rotation he described, too. In the end I decided he wrote Lava Lash instead of Lava Blast.