FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chemii

Proving Grounds - The Proven Assailant

I managed to get to wave 34 before wiping over the weekend as Assassination, thus gaining the title. I've probably spent about 10 hours on it in total, wiping to various things and hitting gear barriers since 6.1 launched as I only started playing again in January.

If anyone wants some advice or to see a video I can sort that out but as I'm not sure on the skill cap of members around here I don't want to waste my time.

Thanks!

Helping others is never a waste of time, independent of their skill cap.

Feel free to post content if you want to do so - it's always welcome.

=)

Edited by lipsinch

Pretty much what he said. I did wave 48 myself when I figured out my system for it, but I haven't gone back to try and beat my own record.

Everybody always has different ways of doing it though, and I'm sure it would benefit at least somebody

Ah I've no interest in doing a guide when people are able to get 10 levels above 30 without a problem. It felt like an achievement for me but I guess gear makes it trivial.

Cheers fellas.

Gear downscales inside Proving Grounds, so there's no advantage on having higher iLvl gear, AFAIK.. Perhaps stat-wise, but quantity is marginally the same inside.

Carrn is one that made it, and he's not the entirety of the community. There're a lot of people who just come by without registering and lurk the forums seeking for information, rather than asking. Don't filter everyone here by the few that're around. =P

Anyway, cheers.

Edited by lipsinch

Yeah don't let what I say discourage you from helping out others. Not many players are as experienced with Rogues as I am (hence the Mod thing), and what I didn't mention was that it took me ~8 hours of practice to decide on a system that worked for me.

Are you sure about gear scaling because I didn't notice it? It certainly wasn't obvious like it is in Challenge modes with the dual ilvl listed but I could be wrong. That said I never checked my character sheet in combat. Things got a lot easier for me when I went from a blue trinket to the heroic detonator trinket from blackhand too.

With regards to the guide if I get sometime between raiding and challenge modes I'll try write some stuff down.

In WoD, gear doesn't scale down, instead the mobs scale up to your ilvl (as long as you're above the minimum).

Gems and tertiary stats don't count. Nor do set bonuses. 

As mentioned, certain items will be better, due to providing certain stats or procs that may be more beneficial to you than others.

Lower gear means lower haste (generally), so with more gear, energy regen should be better, which can make the rotation feel smoother. I imagine certain trinkets will be better than others (I remember the Darkmoon and Timeless Xuen trinkets were pretty good in MoP Proving Grounds).

• Like 1

That was more due to how they scaled than their stats - because of the new way that scaling works, it probably isn't as nice as it used to be.

I'd hazard a guess that Coin would be very valuable though. Since most people play Assassination for Proving Grounds, the cooldowns for Coin and Vendetta can be used together for some really nice burst whenever you need it

In WoD, gear doesn't scale down, instead the mobs scale up to your ilvl (as long as you're above the minimum).

Gems and tertiary stats don't count. Nor do set bonuses. 

As mentioned, certain items will be better, due to providing certain stats or procs that may be more beneficial to you than others.

Lower gear means lower haste (generally), so with more gear, energy regen should be better, which can make the rotation feel smoother. I imagine certain trinkets will be better than others (I remember the Darkmoon and Timeless Xuen trinkets were pretty good in MoP Proving Grounds).

I haven't been able to play these days so I couldn't confirm, thanks for clarifying this!