FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lazare

Holy Help Round 2

Based on the feedback I got on this thread, I re-enchanted and re-gemmed everything to haste, and got some new weapons with haste.  I also respecced into spell_holy_surgeoflight.jpgSurge of Light and spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate since I wasn't having any mana issues.  My playstyle was to spam renew and basically use everything else on cooldown.

The results were a bit mixed.  On Heroic Kromog I managed to top the meters with 41k HPS (AMR thinks that was a 46th percentile result, for my gear and spec).  On the other hand, on Heroic Beastlord I was bottom of the charts with just over 19k HPS (AMR thinks that was a 1st percentile result for my gear and spec).

Additional info:  We 1 shot the first 7 bosses, so we're clearly doing something right (although the Thogar kill was very messy).  We're also bringing a lot of healers.  We had 2/5/13 on Gruul, 2/6/14 on Oregorger and Thogar, and 2/6/15 on the remaining fights.  I'm pretty sure 6 healers is overkill in a 22-23 person raid, right?  (Except, arguably, on Kromog.)

So, how should I interpret this?  My feeling is that the results on Kromog shows that I can heal a respectable amount of damage, and my results on the other bosses are basically just showing that we're bringing too many healers to a farm raid, and I shouldn't worry about the fact that on some fights I'm struggling to keep ahead of the monk tank.  Does that sound reasonable?  I don't want to ignore a real problem, but I don't want to stress about something I can't fix.

Also, does anyone have any comments about my talents, logs, gearing strategy, etc.?  Here is my armory, and here are the logs on Warcraftlogs for those who prefer that to the AMR logs I linked above.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Lazare
  • Like 1

Outside of the Kromog encounter your best uptime of ToF is only 26%.  2-3 fights you had its uptime less than 10%.  Unless you can keep it above 50% I'd suggest sticking with DI or PI.  Even on Kromog I prefer taking DI.  This week, I was able to bring my Holy spec to the main raid for testing and kept DI for every fight and it worked out really well.  Yes, your team is overhealing fights and it will effect your numbers.  Try and keep PoM up more, your best attempts have you using it just under 2x per minute. Both of these changes will give your numbers a little more oomph but again, you are correct. You have 1-2 too many healers for you to really shine as Holy.  If you decide to take DI on a non-PoH fight, use more Heal to get it to proc.  

Overall just comparing spell selection, overheal, and spell strength, you don't have much to worry about.  Holy will play a lesser role when there are more snipes going around from an abundance of healers.  Looking at the bottom 1% or 46% doesnt mean much when all but 1 of your healers are experiencing 50% overheals.  That (1) being Disc and fits into a category of its own.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try running DI next week and being better about casting PoM.  Which means I'll need to cast more Heals and PoHs, which means I should probably cast more Flash Heals to build serendipity (I still don't have even my 2pc T17, sadly).  If I'm doing that, does stacking haste above all else still seem like the best plan?

In any case, thanks for the encouraging words.  :)

Yes, your build will be fine and yum 2pc! The sooner you can nail that down the better.  GL w/ the RNG gods!

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try running DI next week and being better about casting PoM.  Which means I'll need to cast more Heals and PoHs, which means I should probably cast more Flash Heals to build serendipity (I still don't have even my 2pc T17, sadly).  If I'm doing that, does stacking haste above all else still seem like the best plan?

In any case, thanks for the encouraging words.  smile.png

The 4 Piece Holy looks so awesome for Serendipity. But I usually cast Binding heal to build stacks instead of Flash Heal as it doesn't cost as much and hits me+target+one other.