FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingoBongo

Boomkin DPS Problem with logs

Eventhough I couldnt get any full fight logs ( god It took me somewhile to set this thing up and find a group that could kill Gruul ... ) I got 2 logs ending with wipes , think it would be enough to comment tho ;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ydJ9QztkhA1vbFgC/#

armory;

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Nuale/simple

I normally play as a tank but switched to boomkin dps this expansion and because of my low dps I cant raid with my friends for not pulling them back ... Read all the forums , tried nearly everything but cant pull my dps up . Would be glad If someone could take a look and tell me where I'm f**** this up 

Thanks a lot !

Couple things I saw:

1).

00:00:04.639 Nuale gains Celestial Alignment from Nuale

That's way to long after pull to be casting that. 

2). 

00:00:05.035 Nuale gains Incarnation: Chosen of Elune from Nuale

Read above

3). You are using the Celestial Alignment glyph. Stop.

I would like to believe this was just a bad pull and you had to catch up to it but you did it in both wipes.

Go to the boomkin guide section on the main page and real all the boomkin stuff, especially the opener. You drps will jump considerably. Do not take it as "suggestions". These will be the BARE MINIMUM you need to do to raise your dps.

EDIT: Here is the guide: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance-druid-pve-dps-guide

Edited by Backlashe

Hi Nuale,

full logfiles of a complete bossfight would ofc be better, but for now I checked your 2nd wipe with duration of 4:47.

One word to your gear from Armory:

Try to get your 2pc and 4pc of tierset asap. Youll have a good dps boost. And dont use CA-glyph for gruul.

And upgrade Sandmans Puch trinket to 4of4, if Oregorger or Darmac trinkets (heroic) are not in sight at the moment

logs:

(you died at 4:41 so I only refere to fighttime 0:00-4:41

- Dotuptime good.

- 29,4k dps(e) with ilvl 677. -> OK

- Inc/CA/Berserking used twice and combined -> Good

- Shards of Nothing used 3 times. 2nd or 3rd usage not used with INC/CA...-> I wouldnt do that. I prefer to use Shards of Nothing with INC/CA/Berserking for maximum DPS output. Some ppl will say, that you did fine using it three times instead of twice. Its up to you. I think its more DPS when using it with INC/CA. And when I check your DPS spikes, they havent been higher with ShardsofNothing than without it.

- No Int-potion used. -> bad. use it twice. 1 before pull and 1 later at your 2nd INC/CA -> DPSloss

- Shooting Stars / proccs usage: good

- DONT Macro INC/CA together to be used at the exact same second and ALWAYS INC before CA

00:03:17.233    Nuale casts Berserking
00:03:17.233    Nuale casts Celestial Alignment
00:03:17.252    Nuale casts Incarnation: Chosen of Elune

=> INC...wait 1,5 secs of GCD, then CA

Where you also really lost DPS was at your opener. You did it wrong. You did:

00:00:02.363    Nuale casts Starfire on Gruul  <- You did 2 seconds nothing
00:00:02.489    Nuale casts Moonfire on Gruul  <- Moonfire after CA not before
00:00:04.030    Nuale casts Starsurge on Gruul <- Either you Starsurge or Starfire before CA, not both
00:00:04.639    Nuale casts Berserking
00:00:04.639    Nuale casts Celestial Alignment
00:00:05.035    Nuale casts Incarnation: Chosen of Elune <- Dont INC after CA/Berserking. INC 3 secs before pull
00:00:06.564    Nuale begins casting Starfire
00:00:07.425    Nuale casts Moonfire on Gruul <- Now you have casted your 2nd Moonfire within 5 seconds to also apply Sunfire to target. The first Moonfire is hereby wasted.
00:00:08.422    Nuale begins casting Starfire
00:00:10.033    Nuale casts Void Shards <- Use it with Berserking together and Before you cast your 1st Starfire while INC/CA up
00:00:10.209    Nuale begins casting Starfire
00:00:11.777    Nuale casts Starsurge on Gruul

As already being written a ton of times at other topics. Check and learn that opener. You wasting too much here.

I know or better said, I see that you know the correct Opener, because you almost did it correctly at your 2nd use of INC/CA at 03:17. So practise

Correct opener (standard) would be:

seconds to Bosspull:

-3 INC

-1,5 pot

-1 Starsurge

BOSSPULL

0 CA/Moonfire (macro)

+1 Berserking/Shards of Nothing / Starfire (macro)

+2,5 Starfire

+ ... Starsurge

..and because of my low dps I cant raid with my friends for not pulling them back ...

Well, I dont know at what guild your friends play, but 29k dps with 677 ilvl at grull (including your mistakes above mentioned) is not that bad. Well yes, your DPS would be a lil bit lower if you had not wiped and the fight would have been 30-60 secs longer but anyway it was good...
Complete logs from other heroic bosses would be also helpful to tell you in general if you do Low DPS or not

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the feedback , as for the opener I was trying to fit in a starfire first and get the bar to 70ish with a starsurge to be able to spamm more starfires after CA ends with all speed buffs but guess that hurts more than it helps .. I will try to get a better trinket and try to get more full fights and repost the results . Thanks a lot have a nice day :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback , as for the opener I was trying to fit in a starfire first and get the bar to 70ish with a starsurge to be able to spamm more starfires after CA ends with all speed buffs but guess that hurts more than it helps .. I will try to get a better trinket and try to get more full fights and repost the results . Thanks a lot have a nice day smile.png

Hmm, I have read your post a several times but I honestly dont get it biggrin.png

If I understood it correctly you wanted to be at 70 Lunar (towards Peak) to cast more Starfires with higher Lunar after CA faded?

If so, you are correct by saying "that hurts more than it helps".

Because. If CA fades by 70 Lunar you only have 30+100 (100 towards Lunar/Solar breakpoint) Lunar available for your Lunarspells.

If your CA fades by, i dont know, 10 or 20 Lunar because you used CA at pull, you will have 80or90+100 Lunar available after CA fades....

And of course you will be able to cast, 1-2 Starfires more until you reach Solar

Sounds weird. I hope you get what I mean tongue.png

Edited by Bonita