NecroBlight AoE Tips

Most Recent Warcraft Logs:

(Beastlord)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T2P6N7L1axQzKG3R#fight=8

(Kromog)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T2P6N7L1axQzKG3R#fight=7

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Conde/simple

I'll start by stating that I have not adapted to the newest changes with frost runes and using icy touch for conversion to death runes. It feels really awkward to throw out icy touches in aoe situations, and may take me a few raids to get used to it.

That said, I am struggling keeping up 15 stacks of necrotic plague while managing blood boils in between. Every time I try to mix in blood boils, my stacks fall off and I end up having to build them back up the hard way. Obviously not everyone is having this issue as I am 46 % and 33 % respectively within my brackets for the fight, while having an ilvl toward the top of my bracket. Can anyone give me pointers on this?

Another issue I have is specifically for Kromog. My understanding is to keep up 15 stacks on Kromog and try to transfer that to the hands. However, if I have to run to a hand that is far away and off to the side, I notice that my hand doesn't pick up the 15 stacks and I have to build up all over again, which puts me at terrible aoe dps when the raid needs it most. With the way the hands are lining up, UB usually comes off cooldown just as everyone is getting out of the hands. So when I use UB to get my stacks back up on Kromog, then the new hands phase comes, the stacks aren't transferring over again. This seems to put me in a rinse and repeat of bad DK... I know I am doing it wrong, just not sure how to get the stacks to transfer. 

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Side note: Necrotic Plague up time percentage seems like it can give a false impression of a player performing well. Is there a way to see the % of time necrotic plague was at 15 stacks? I think this would be a better metric to grade performance. 

I don't know to what extent the new change affects Unholy's AoE DPS, because it hasn't been implemented on my server yet. 

If you have NP, check the time remaining before you spend all death runes on BB. If it is going to fall off before they are recharged, cast FS instead. Usually, i spend 2 death runes on FS and the other 2 on BB. This changes from fight to fight, of course. 

On Beastlord, I build up NP before the adds spawn (I spend most death runes on FS) so that I can freely spam BB without fear of my disease falling off. Other thing is, do not let NP fall off if adds are still alive (even if UB is off cooldown). 

On Kromog, unless you get into a hand that is close to the boss your DPS will be low. Explain this to your raid leader and the problem should be solved. Use BB to transfer NP to as many hands as possible. 

Side note: Necrotic Plague up time percentage seems like it can give a false impression of a player performing well. Is there a way to see the % of time necrotic plague was at 15 stacks? I think this would be a better metric to grade performance. 

You can check the average tick damage for NP. While that is not a very accurate way of measuring, it is the only indicator to the 15 stack NP uptime.

• Like 1

oki i searched some logs when our ilvls were close i think i was 679 in those.

Beastlord.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1BYRvatdC7y34qkr/#fight=17

on that fight i did 24 blood boils you did 33

Kromog

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1BYRvatdC7y34qkr/#fight=8

:) i did 3 blood boils you did 24

You have to adapt on each encounter, but imo the golden rule is  : NEVER let necrotic plague drop unles you have a blight ready (off cooldown).

Also you can boost your dps by droping stacks when blight is off cooldown (either SS, SR or BB for the cost of FS runes) -  depends of what situation you are in :

- use BB on heavy AoE

- use SS when boss is over 45% hp and the scenario is single target or light AoE

- use SR when boss is under 45% hp

When UB is off cd use one of the above, right after the stacks are gone use UB and remake 15 stacks.

Regarding those 2 fights :

On Beastlord BB away :) lots of adds that can be stacked togheder. (remember drop stacks for BB only if you have a UB ready to repop)

On Kromog is very important the tactic used and the raid comp - you can sneak a bit of dps if you get a nice uptime on the boss with necro prior to the hands phase (necro will self jump when hands spawn).

To be honest our tact kinda kills the oportunity to BB on that boss - we use imunities to pass the hands phase and since we have 4 paladins that means 4 bubbles and 8 HoP so we have just about 5-7 hands to single target down each phase.

(cant rly help on that fight with any insight but ill make some educated guess xD)

- BB might work fine if the standard tact is used, keep in mind that necro will jump to the hands that are close to the boss first,  8 secs after to the hands close to those - so on-  the position you need to be at is somwhere in the second row of hands close to center if possible.

I checked your single target dps and its fine, the only problem i see on multi target is favouring BB over keeping 15 stacks

Best of luck mate and keep the faith and stacks up

• Like 1

For Kromog, I try to get to a hand somewhere in the middle of the room as opposed to too far to the side. Try building a large duration NP on the boss in anticipation of the hands phase. So, feel free to use multiple death runes on FS to build a large duration NP and then once you get into a hand, you can start blood boil to spread NP to hands on either side and let them do their magic.

For Darmac, if AoE from the raid is high, the pack beasts usually die soon enough that there is not much point in Blood Boil spam. You can just blood boil once to spread a 15-stack NP to all the beasts and continue single target rotation on Boss / active beast. If you need additional AoE, you may even find Defile useful on heroic and you need not worry about NP falling off while focusing on AoE.

• Like 1

Just want to say thank you to everyone for the tips. I was able to manage getting a hand close to the boss for Kromog and keep up the 15 stacks during the hand phase, which drastically increased my dps. Since adds were falling so fast in Beastlord, I blood boiled only once and just kept my ST rotation. 

I never thought about trying to prep for the aoe by using FS on death runes to prep myself for the aoe. Building up NP time before the aoe to allow as many BB's as I wanted was much easier to manage the stacks. 

Thanks again, and +1 to everyone!