FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Glaw

Hitting a wall with subtlety DPS (iLevel ~680)

I have held off making one of these posts since I feel like I know the basics of what I need to improve, but I feel like I'm improving on those things without seeing much improvement in my numbers. I'm wondering if there are other things I'm overlooking that need more work. The low average DPS of my raid probably drags my numbers down a little bit due to fights lasting longer, but I can't imagine the impact is enough to justify how far behind I am.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drenden/Glaw/advanced

I logged out while combat, but the gear is essentially the same as what I use for sub. Weapons and enchants are exactly the same. I am trying to follow the opener and rotation described here, but I don't currently focus on keeping hemo up. I try to pool 60-80 energy before every dance and vanish.

Here is a Gruul kill from last night that I felt like I did okay on: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GhNQ7mDYA2CLd36F#fight=8

Looking at the rankings, I'm way off the mark for spec and item level. I know I have a few issues:

1. SnD fell off for quite a while at one point, and my overall uptime could have been better.
  2. I cast hemo a few times while Find Weakness was up. This was generally because Gruul was facing my group for inferno slice. There may have been mistakes too.
  3. Rupture uptime could be a little bit better.
  4. I'm not sure if I did on this fight, but I sometimes fail to use premed properly during vanish and dance.
  5. I had downtime due to a few shatters that I was picked for. I should probably be moving to where I can still hit the boss until I'm frozen, but for safety I have been running toward the back instead.

Are there other things that I'm screwing up that I'm not realizing? I'd appreciate any pointers and criticism.

Everything with your logs actually looks pretty good. The only main changed that I would make is taking Shadowstep rather than BoS. I just find that SStep is more useful due to being free, and I really only take BoS on Hanz/Franz to help deal with the belts. It's really more about personal preference though.

The little details themselves honestly don't changed your dps that much - your set bonuses will be the next big increase that you'll see. That, or getting a better ilevel weapon cause using a crafted one is a little less than ideal.

Getting another trinket than the Haste proc would be more beneficial as well - either the Scales from highmaul or the Crit one from Blackhand. Given the available options, I'd lean towards trying to snag the Mythic Scales from Butcher. 

• Like 1

That is very reassuring. Thanks for taking the time to look. I'll see what I can do about getting mythic scales. I'll probably just have to get lucky with a mission box for either trinket for the time being. Would the coin be better than the haste trinket?

The pure ilevel on the Haste one is better than the Coin, although the Alchemy trinket would be even better if it was upgraded a couple times

Go to Shadowcraft and play around with the different options there, see how each one works out.

• Like 2

Oh wow, I did not realize the stage 4 alchemy trinket is BoE. That is probably the best choice, but I'll play around with Shadowcraft like you suggest and see how things come out. Thanks!

I finally got around to playing with Shadowcraft. The socket on my haste trinket puts it slightly ahead of the Alchemy trinket, and it's ahead of everything that isn't warforged or socketed up to mythic Scales or heroic Trigger. A while back when I calculated my stat weights in SimCraft it put haste at the top, so it might be that haste is pretty good for me given the gear that I currently have. Looks like I'll stick with that for now unless I get lucky with one of the mission boxes this week.

I finally got around to playing with Shadowcraft. The socket on my haste trinket puts it slightly ahead of the Alchemy trinket, and it's ahead of everything that isn't warforged or socketed up to mythic Scales or heroic Trigger. A while back when I calculated my stat weights in SimCraft it put haste at the top, so it might be that haste is pretty good for me given the gear that I currently have. Looks like I'll stick with that for now unless I get lucky with one of the mission boxes this week.

Fair enough. As a rule, always trust Shadowcraft over what somebody says. Even if they're infallible like I am :P

• Like 1