FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SecretSauce

DPS logs review, looking for pointers

WCL - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XnBrfWLRV8zQAtvx/#

AMR - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/doomhammer/secretsauce

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Secretsauce/advanced

I'm trying to learn Demo, have run destro for the last few months (have played warlock since December of last year) but I couldn't seem to get the DPS up on that and Demo is recommended now so here I go. 

From sims it seems my 645 staff should only be holding me back 1.5k dps max, any thoughts on that? It's definitely a mental thing.

Appreciate a good look at my rotations and see where I can improve, thanks in advance!

Looking at your Flamebender fight, I see:

Only used one pot, try to use the second one under 20% boss health.

Doom uptime is a little low at 90%.

Corruption uptime is much lower, just above 80%.

Glyphed DS, don't do that with GoServ/DemServ.

Since you did glyph DS, you should have had 9 uses with AD on an 8 min fight, but you only had 8.

Didn't use Grimoire:Doomguard in the opener.

When you used CW, most of the time you only hit one target. For ST I'd be using HoG.

TL;DR: Get better Doom and Corruption uptimes. Don't forget 2nd pot. Don't glyph DS ST.Don't forget your service doomguard. Try to fit as many MC SFs as you can in the 20 sec DS window, and always line up your 2nd doomguard with it.

If I missed anything, I'm sure a more skilled log analyzer will come along soon.

Edit: Not necessarily pertaining to damage, but I'd also swap out Mortal Coil for Shadowfury. You only get the heal from coil if the fear affects the target, so it's less useful than it seems.

Edited by HeadBeeGuy
  • Like 1

Upon closer inspection, I also noticed that you didn't even go into meta until almost 30th seconds into the fight. Your typical opener should look something like:

Prepot->precast SF or SB->Grim:DG->HoG->Corruption->SB->HoG->Meta/DS->SF until out of MC procs->ToC until out of fury->build phase.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You forgot Doom!

But yes, this is a common problem, where people think they have to build to max Fury / Embers before they pop cooldowns.

• Like 1

Now you know the issues a bit more my advice is read up, write stuff down then just practice, practice, practice (though of course try to make sure you are mostly doing the right rotation). Yeah a sexier staff would help a bit but it's so minor compared to a good rotation. It took me about 4 months to get comfy with Demo (don't worry it's not like this for everyone) so I do where you are coming from. 

LFR is so useful for getting better and there you can take the time to really feel your rotation instead of worrying (too much) about dying. Get used to how quick your fury builds up, keep an eye out for your DoTs, DS/GoServ timings and your best procs and take advantage of them (the latter I still need to improve). Of course you need a good UI that shows all these within your visual field. If DoT uptime is still an issue then get more warnings. When I started out I made Weak Auras play a sound when my DoT was in pandemic range and the bar would turn red. Very intrusive but it worked! Make your UI help you. Good luck

Edited by spikeysquad
  • Like 1

Thanks HeadBeeGuy & LiquidSteel for the rotation advice, definitely somewhere I was flailing at. I was thinking of replacing the DS glyph with Imp Swarm, any other recommendations?

Spikeysquad thanks for the feedback on the staff, I know it's mostly a mental thing at this point. I'm using Weak Auras for keeping an eye on CDs and stacks as well as MSBT for popping up when things are ready to cast. Don't think i have a DoT warning set up, will look into that. If you are still using it could you share your strings for that so I can import and check it out?

No, using Imp Swarm is a terrible idea. You gain less imps over the course of an encounter due to it. It has situational uses but none that are really relevant in BRF at this time.

I use Eternal Resolve / Siphon Life / Teleport / Soul Stone / Demon Training / Healthstone depending on requirements.

Ah sigh I just made a huge post then accidentally closed the window. *Note to self: Use Notebook*

Anyhow, sorry for the slow reply SecretSauce; I had a busy day yesterday. After my wasted effort I have more stuff to do but will write again later. What do you use to track your DoTs? As it will change any warnings I try to make. 

Oh and have you seen this? Might give you some inspiration.

Yeah I know your post wasn't about your UI but it can really help or hinder someone's play. 

So I finally found some free minutes. Unfortunately I deleted all of DoT warning Weak Auras (WA) but I have made one very quickly. This has the zoom in, the sound (there's less horrible ones to pick) and it is red. You can deactivate all/each of those parts, play around with other settings as well and see what works best for you. Oh it is also in bar form as that is how I display my Demo DoTs but you can easily change it to a icon if you prefer and move it around etc.

Just be aware that I set this warning to go at 4.9 seconds left on Corruption whilst the true pandemic time is 5.4 seconds. If like me you use WA to track your DoTs usually then you can make it so the bars change colour under a certain time or just have them be replaced by the warning one.

Ok, no idea how to paste WA codes but got this far.

dW0dpaGijkDjvvugfbofbTkQk9kjQMLQYTKi7svv9lskzyKKJrjltv8mkOPbexJQQTHa(gjvJJcCokkVtvfvZJKI6Euu1bvvPfsH6HectKKICrvvyJiOpQQImssk0jPQWkLWlLOWmPQOBsHKDku)KIkdLcXsjK8uqtvv6QKuQTssbFLcPglc0zvvL5si1Er9xc1GHomslgrEmGjlKllAZa1NPuJgrDAj9AcrMTGBJq7Mk)MudNQSCvEortxQRtITtikFNIy8uKopqA9su08jev7xz2IFzyLH(W15bMcKI2haANu0qVmeedjtJ0Mi(xsAIvhTRA3pm1lOLvTJHsg(8V1)Q(3IHezyedJ4xgAQ5adwMntyjcy98OYmlqmqLbQdIzMzgdUei(ziOMdmyz2C8ddbRDnHbQTKHMtTF9PpI)bdjrprOd6JF5ylMqduzGbgyzGLFqE8RobuzXGl53qo(Hj0adnKaQuhecOcednqD1brDgCj)(5ydzcbX)J1dbuzGQhdv3m1v3mgCj)(5MHbnnIFzOImf7srwEmjg20q6A(LHevcDLF5MBgceOsj)Yqz1zhsgA0)kkFAorugCZqfzkgiqLs2ygE6qYVmKOsOR8l3CZqPxcWVmuwD2HKJF4MHkYuS0lbyJz4rbs(LHevcDLF5MBgQitXokXKjXWOkyWvaLqdk)YqIkHUYVCZn3m8s7Q29cQxYqQYrjrpgkBkGijzsmS6QTyanrVq2zehBXWonTvUKHKOYkGjKRDws20wrYWonTju7AgQgQYARpXVVwInwuLbd7kX8iu7AgQgQYARpXVVwInwuLbdjPVO88HtMnhBXqs6lkpJPaIu0P9yijQScyc5ANLizZWonTH1Ym54hvmK6QePDv74xgkB618ldb0b9jko2IHrkhTRAhdT(3pdPbpY0xq9sgsdEKPgrjitgcOd6ZyMq)Mziiw(bXavgA9yiiQBXGl53pdb0b99tmH(nKagyMzQ)O6XGh)Mzgim4s(9ZqAWJmLqfhadVSvo3qWkoGUQDc8oT9Ls53qztV(ByugAQWvmCyqdqddPo7qo08df4DA7lLYH(o8zOVdjsBY)7vfoS0qbePn5)9QdvRHpcxXWHx2kNBOSPxpS8HceiGiTj)VS6eqD2Hu4WYhAjuTEeo03HrzOPcxr6IwbdvKPyAWJmLjXWguVKHakYwtKHsaAinLJnKHsaAijuXbWWHdho8Yw5CdbR4a6Q2jW702xkLFdLn9Ac(nu20R)7BOeGgsc(nucqd5FcxXWHdhoC4LTY5gkB61eCy5df4DA7lLYH(ouGeGgscoS0qztVMGcf(nu20R)By5df4DA7lLYH(ouGeGgY)gwAOSPx)NqHRy4WHdtx0kgoKHkYumGoOp2ygsdEKPCSkgAkhRIHGYXQyiGoOVxq9sg6PeKPi0b9XqaDqF)YXwmucqd5lOEjdL9rR2KBianKmeqh0hHkoagoC4WHx2kNBiyfhqx1obEN2(sP8B4z9n026BijRVHuRVH3Z3q7NVHKE(gsFeUIHdhoC4WGgGggsD2HCO5hkW702xkLd9D4ZqFhsK2K)3RkCyPHcisBY)7vhQwdFeUIHdhoC4WGgGgg6stmYPTVukhA(HceqK2K)xwDcOo7qkCy5dTeQwpc)5Ry4WHdho8Yw5CdpRHLpuGlnXiN2(sPCOVdfCpdln8Sek8BfdhoC4WHdhoC4qBRHLpuGlnXiN2(sPCOVdfy)mS0qBlHc)wXWHdhoC4WHdhoKK1WYhkWLMyKtBFPuo03Hci9mS0qswcf(TIHdhoC4WHdhoCi1Ay5df4stmYPTVukh67qb0NHLgsTekCfdhoCy6IwXWHm80nTtowfdLa0qckhBidvKPyjanKSXCZqI0QJFziGoOprXXwmms5ODv7yOfdPbpY0xq9sgk7JwTj3meqh0NXCSkgcOd67NycbX)J1dbuzGQhdv3m1nGam4s(nGH0GhzkHkoagEzRCUHGvCaDv7e4DA7lLYVHYME93WOm0uHRy4WlBLZnu20Rhw(qbEN2(sPCOVdJYqtfUI0fXqfzkMg8itzsmSb1lziGIS1eziGoOVF5ylgQitXsaAizsmucqdjOCSfdPbpYuowfdLa0qsOIdGHx2kNBiyfhqx1obEN2(sP8BOSPxtWVHYME9FFdLa0qsWVHsaAi)t4kgo8Yw5CdLn9AcoS8Hc8oT9Ls5qFhkqcqdjbhwAOSPxtqHc)gkB61)nS8Hc8oT9Ls5qFhkqcqd5Fdlnu20R)tOWvKUOvWqq5yvm0uowfdb0b99cQxYqafzRjYqfzkgqh0htIHa6G(iuXbWWlBLZneSIdORANaVVZ6Z26JK1h167E(SF(i98rFeUIHdhoSuPHQPKKcyWdDuI5qQlAyt(sjzDiAyRhEjav2d7kXCi58YHcisBaYdBY5W(Q225jCfdhoCyqdqddJsskGbl2rjMFdnHEUQZwCxjMdn)WYkc9DkEDv7k73q)Ry4WHdxXWHdhg0a0WW0uV6LsX0EO5hkZqc0cu)BOA7QTAkjPagSGY20Zo7Y(nmkjPagSyhLy(n0vdFdlRr85V)9drjYvJ)kkJIq12NLvOWvmC4WHRy4WHdRGhMM6vVukM2dNi38dD1WWMC6wXWHdhoC4WHbnanmSRetXHeCp08dtt9Qxkft7HLg(tz)wjMceUIHdhoC4WHdRGh2vIP4qcUhQMhAc9CvNT4Usmh2Kt3kgoC4WHdhoC4WHdVSvo3W75BO9Z3qspFdPpRy4WHdhoC4W0fTIHdhomDrRy4WHdxXWHdhEzRCUHN13qBRVHKS(gsTwr6IwXkwXkwXkwXkwXkwXkwXkwXkwbdpDt7KJvXqjanKMYXwmucqd5lOEjdL9rR2KBianKCZqWvxvsMFzin4rM(cQxYqzF0Qn5MHsaAiFb1lzOSpA1MCdbOHKHsaAinLJbHHsaAibLJbHHkYuSeGgs2ygQitX0GhzktIBUzyFvB784xgQnXzoxau2ygcOiBnrXKRrjd7kXmIHrjjfWGFb1lzOA8xrzueQ2(KHokXuYVCSfdfH(ofVUQDCZWljAoV8OT(yOAMHxsKH(zOIR2mSPND2murMIkjYgZndjNvBYnh)OIHKOaIu0P9eHoOp(LJT4yvC8dhRIJnKJvXXGWe6hevGyOLzQta19B2JzeWIbxYpiCZqkqx1oj)YqztVMFzOuR4IedqM6CzGHgfv25XWiTyafzRjYgZqPwXfXqF468atbsr)BuK2jfTrNur6xLJkfTr0MK3VkhvAuzuLkAOwXfjfTj6ay))RTTzyKwSuR4IyJ5MBggvLEbkOVPPTptWndh(ZCmKK(IYJnMHK0xuE)iYozijQScyc5ANLiPVO8yij9fLhSwMjhBXWAedfH(gA00ZvD2mScODIL1OKH(8he(YqNcX3RABNNKJTyyxjMhSwMjh)OIH0OOAx1oAqCFvB78K8l3mKefqKSpTIlse6G(4xogeowf3mKK(IYte6G(4xo2IJvXXpCSko2qowfhdchBXndjPVO8mhyWYS5ylUziLFzOi03P41vTJH(W15bMcKI2haANu0qVmeedjtJ0Mi(xsAIvhTRA3pm1lOLvTJBgkY4ylqES4Mza

When I someone says MSBT I tend to think of something like
before he edits it all. However, assuming you do not have useless healing and damage numbers does your addon show what you need clearly and so that you will not miss it?

Hope this helped
Edited by spikeysquad

That sucks, hate when that happens...

I'm using Weak Auras, there's a thread on this forum that I found a few good nuggets. I loaded ones to track HoG/CW cooldowns and DoT timers. Also tweaked my UI boss frames so I can easily see what bosses have what DoTs in a multi-boss encounter, saw Liquidsteel mention that.