FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KKillroyV2

Noob Lock DPS help

Hey I'm new to Demonology and I'm really struggling for some reason I don't have the logs for my previous LFR Blackrock Foundry run but became worried at my 14k average Dps on single targets and thought I'd ask for some help etc.

Armoury link. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Delecroix/advanced

Training Dummy test log.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4rnRh9A1NYj7LkHm/

I let my corruption drop off one or two times which I realize is a bad idea and messed up my HoG weaving but could really use some analysis from the more Experienced locks out there.

(Can upload more logs if need be)

Please try to get raid logs. While a training dummy is great to practice your rotation, raids offer dynamic situations that involve heavy decision-making, and we can analyze your performance on a fight-by-fight basis. You also benefit from raid buffs, execute phases, etc. in raids, which can play a factor in dps output. If you are trying to get a feel for how you're doing on a training dummy, I'd recommend at least going at it for 3-5 min.

Edited by HeadBeeGuy

A few general tips, though:

Sometimes it's tough in LFR, but try to pre-pot before the pull, and use your 2nd pot when the boss is around 20% health. Also, try to line up the 2nd pot with DS/Grimoire:Doomguard.

Read the demo guide stickied at the top of these forums, or go to Blizzard's WoW warlock forums and read Recklessfear's guide. Both have very good info with regards to playing the spec (though I'm not sure if the guide here is totally up to date). I can't give you much more than you'll learn from those resources. Honestly, I've learned a lot just from reading other peoples' posts and the solutions offered to them.

Once you have a solid idea of how to play the spec, you really just need to practice.