Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

WoW Token Coming Soon - Additional Details

Recommended Posts


Additional details were released late yesterday regarding the rollout and implementation of the WoW Token, Blizzard's new in-game subscription currency - bought for real money through the in-game Shop, then sold to players for a market price in WoW gold.

As a reminder, the original announcement of the WoW Token and its general functionality can be found here:
Coming Soon: WoW Token - In-Game Subscription
Today's patch, Patch 6.1.2, adds the framework in-game to support the WoW Token. It will be rolled out on a region-by-region basis following the patch going live. No precise date for the launch has been announced, but it appears the Americas region (North America, Latin America, Oceania) will go live first.
Tokens have officially been priced at $20 USD.
A region-wide Game Time tab now exists in the Auction House where WoW Tokens will be purchasable once the service officially launches. Tokens are worth 30 days of game time.


Blizzard's WoW Token explanation.

Blizzard is setting a fixed in-game gold value for the Token at launch, after which it will move dynamically based on supply and demand. The initial gold price was not announced.
Learn more:
WoW Token Coming Soon - Additional Details

WoW Tokens are coming out soon in the wake of the functionality added in Patch 6.1.2 for them today.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      ConzilF2P has shattered the speed clear record for Temple of the Jade Serpent in MoP Remix, completing it with their Level 20 character in under 50 seconds and beating the previous record by an impressive 10 seconds!
      Yesterday, we showcased what a trial character with 8,000 threads could achieve by clearing the Temple of the Jade Serpent in 1 minute. Today, that record has been obliterated by ConzilF2P, who managed to complete the same dungeon in under 50 seconds with their Level 20 character and 10,166 threads!
      Check out the full video of this incredible run below.
      You are most welcome and congrats!
    • By Stan
      Once you finish the main campaign in the War Within expansion with your first character, a whole bunch of new activities will open up for you.
      After completing the main campaign in the new expansion, you'll see a Campaign Completion Screen that informs you about the new features available to your character.

      You can start working on unlocking the new Earthen Allied Race. World Quests and Events are now available and can be viewed on your map. Your alts will have immediate access to World Quests and can level up in any order without having to complete the main campaign again.
      Reaching Level 80 unlocks the remaining max-level Dungeons and World Bosses automatically. The Earthen require completing additional side quests.

    • By Stan
      Adventure Mode is returning in the War Within expansion and we've got the details.
      When you hit Level 80 in the War Within expansion, you can start the first chapter of the max-level campaign by talking to Alleria Windrunner in Azj-Kahet.
      When you accept "The Fleet Arrives" quest and get to Dornogal, you will unlock Adventure Mode in Khaz Algar for your Warband.

      This means your future characters can complete zones in any order and access World Quests immediately as they enter Khaz Algar.
    • By Stan
      The latest Alpha build for Warlocks brings tons of new talents. That's the gist of the recent class changes.
      Conflagration of Chaos- Conflagrate and Shadowburn have a 25% 50% chance to guarantee your next cast of the ability to critically strike, and increase its damage by your critical strike chance. Emberstorm- Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 2% and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 10%. 20%. Scalding Flames- Increases the damage of Immolate by 13%. 25% and its duration by 3 sec. Master Ritualist- Ritual of Ruin requires 2 5 less Soul Shards spent. Mark of Shatug- Your Summon Vilefiend becomes Summon Gloomhound and learns the following ability: Gloom Slash Tooth and claw are drenched in malignant shadow magic, causing the Gloomhound's melee attacks to deal [ 1,029.14% 244.44% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 6 sec. If this effect is reapplied, any remaining damage will be added to the new Gloom Slash. Fire and Brimstone- Incinerate now also hits all enemies near your target for 13% 25% damage. Dimension Ripper [NYI] (New)- Incinerate has a chance to create a Dimensional Rift or recharge Dimensional Rift if learned. Demonfire Mastery (New)- Increases the damage of Channel Demonfire by 30% and it deals damage 35% faster. Unstable Rifts [NYI] (New)- Bolts from Dimensional Rift deal 0% of the damage dealt to nearby enemies. Avatar of Destruction (New)- Consuming Ritual of Ruin summons an Overfiend for 8 sec. Summon Overfiend Generates 1 Soul Shard Fragment every 0.5 sec and casts Chaos Bolt at its summoner's target, dealing Chaos damage. Lessons of Space-Time [NYI] (New)- While you have a Dimensional Rift open, all of your damage is increased by 0%. Fiendish Cruelty (New)- When Shadowburn fails to kill a target that is at or below 30% health, its cooldown is reduced by 5 sec. Blistering Atrophy (New)- Increases the damage of Shadowburn by 20%. The critical strike chance of Shadowburn is increased by an additional 50% when damaging a target that is at or below 30% health. Indiscriminate Flames (New)- Backdraft increases the damage of your next Chaos Bolt by 5% and increases the critical strike chance of your next Incinerate or Soul Fire by 35%. Improved Chaos Bolt (New)- Increases the damage of Chaos Bolt by 10% and reduces its cast time by 0.5 sec. Decimation (New)- Your critical strikes have a chance to reset the cooldown of Soul Fire and reduce the cast time of your next Soul Fire by 80%. Flame Rift [NYI] (New)- Dimensional Rift can now summon a powerful Flame Rift.
    • By Stan
      Temple of the Jade Serpent has been cleared by a Level 20 player in 1 minute in MoP Remix!
      How is that even possible? The player has collected 8,000 threads, and Level 20 seems to be the cap for trial characters. This creates a new kind of twink where your power increases, but your level stays the same.
      Here's the full video of the clear!
      Source: Reddit
  • Create New...