Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Glossary

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Glossary of Terms for Heroes of the Storm.

what is carry, caries? this term is not yet included in the glossary 

Carry is a late-game hero. Carries are usually weak in the early-game, but get strong in the late-game. This is why having too many carries is bad because you will get behind in the early game.

I thougt proc is the abbreviation of programmed random occurence

At least, it makes more sense to me.

But what do I know ...

what is carry, caries? this term is not yet included in the glossary 

There are no carries in Heroes of the Storm, so having it in the glossary would be at best nonsensical, and at worst misleading. Granted, certain heroes do become relatively stronger as the game progresses, neither the game nor the characters are designed with the ability to  "carry" in the traditional sense of the term. Stick to playing as a team - you'll find more success than trying to single handedly trying to turn a game with your 1337 Illidank moverinos.

4 people like this

On 23. 12. 2016 at 6:41 AM, Guest Whoami said:

I can't seem to find "Invulnerable" in the glossary. Where can I find it?

From what I found, Invulnerable means that you are immune to damage and CC. It's like statis, but you're able to move.

On 12/24/2016 at 4:18 PM, positiv2 said:

From what I found, Invulnerable means that you are immune to damage and CC. It's like statis, but you're able to move.

More than that; invulnerable means immune to all hostile effects and their application (which includes damage over time, silence, etc., on top of crowd control and damage). Invulnerability effects also remove such effects currently active the target, making it a pseudo-cleansing mechanic.

2 people like this

meta?

everyone takes for granted that meta isn't really an English word. everyone keeps using it, and I don't fully understand what it means.

4 hours ago, Guest Guy said:

meta?

everyone takes for granted that meta isn't really an English word. everyone keeps using it, and I don't fully understand what it means.

Meta in HotS context usually stands for "Most effective tactics available" and is often used in place of "flavour of the month" - basically meta says what is strong and popular in the game right now.

6 hours ago, Valhalen said:

This topic should be pinned.

It was decided not to pin the thread, but rather create another thread linking to the Glossary and this thread. Thanks for pointing it out!

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm said Samuro's talents have a lot of issues right now and his AA build is outperforming other builds. A talent overhaul is coming, but not in the immediate future.
      Aiming for the patch after Garrosh? We'll see.
      TL;DR
      Current Issues & Skill Ceiling
      AA build outperforms other builds and the multiplicative synergy makes builds inflexible. Samuro currently has a variety of bugs and control issues related to Images that they hope to iron out. Samuro's "E" build is weak, but talent structure needs to change before they're able to buff it. Taking the more difficult talents should be at least a few % more effective than someone taking the AA talents. Blizzard doesn't want there to be a single optimal build in high-level play, but Samuro's an exception. Illusion Master gives him a high skill-ceiling that most players will never realistically reach and the team thinks his talent design isn't doing enough to reward players who strive to reach that ceiling. Other examples of high ceiling-rewarding for plays like Samuro's Illusion Master are Wizened Duelist on Greymane Snipe Master on Nova Locked and Loaded on Tracer Convection on Kael'thas Master's Touch on Medivh The spell feels too mandatory for Medivh and it's something they should improve. The general intent is that there can sometimes be talents that are risky to take and hard touse to their full potential, but players who rise to the challenge and succeed should be rewarded for doing so. On average, the hero's overall power should remain stable. "E" Build
      His "E" build was meant to be Samuro's slippery build and when evaluating talent power, they're taking mobility into account.  The build relies heavily on talents that are highly beneficial to his other builds, which prevents them from being easily buffed, which is why talents need to be re-structured to keep everything that's cool about the build now, while tuning the "E" build up to be a more competitive choice. Another thing is that the "E" build was viable when Samuro came out, but its core talents played a big role in inflating his other builds' win rates, so they (and Wind Walk itself) got nerfed. Stealth Hero Changes
      Blizzard's "planning" to change Stealth heroes and a shift toward utility is a potential direction, nothing's set in stone though. (Source)
    • By Stan

Are you ready to answer the call of the True Horde? Garrosh will be debuting on July 27 at ChinaJoy!
      In addition to his debut, he will be hitting PTR (Public Test Realms) on July 31 and go live a week later as with every Hero. We're still waiting for an in-development video! Credits go to MVP Proenix00 for the tweet and redditor traxium11 for providing a translation! In the meantime, you can check out the following Garrosh Hellscream tribute!
    • By Stan

It's that time of the week again and the free Hero rotation has been updated with new Heroes available for gameplay during the week of July 25.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: July 25, 2017
      Raynor Muradin Sonya Nazeebo Uther Jaina Diablo Cassia Zul'jin Leoric Zarya (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Brightwing (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Tracer (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Zeratul (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20)
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Stan

Blizzard brought up an upcoming change to Chen's trait. Fortifying Brew will grant 25 Brew immediately when Chen starts casting it and 30 Brew per second after that.
      The time to reach max Brew is still 2.5 seconds. Front-loading a portion of Brew should make Chen players feel less frustrated when interrupted.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in with an update here!

As I mentioned before, while we aren't really looking to buff Chen, we feel like the Brew-related concerns you've brought up are valid. We agree that it feels bad to have your Trait interrupted when you're low on Brew, almost like a 5-second silence. With that in mind, I'm excited to share that we're going to modify Chen's Trait.

In an upcoming patch, Fortifying Brew will change to grant 25 Brew immediately when Chen starts drinking, and then 30 Brew per second after that (down from 40). It will still take 2.5 seconds to reach max Brew just like before, but with a big chunk of that front-loaded it should be a lot less frustrating when you get interrupted early.

This change is feeling really good in our playtests, and I think it'll be a big quality of life boost for the Brewmaster!

Also, while we're not looking to make large-scale talent updates at this time, we really appreciate all the feedback that's been shared in this thread and will keep it in mind for potential future changes. Thanks again! =)