Impulse

[Fire] Sub-par fire damage

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

I have been having fun raiding with Arcane and have pulled out some decent numbers given the gear I was in, but as my ilvl increased I wanted to switch to fire. I'm having trouble with the combustion mechanic this time around. I used to play fire in lich king to great success.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Erlastor/simple

Here is some of my latest parses: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/b4f0a4a6-285a-480d-affa-5d284d81dba6/report/12#v=0,d=0,c=1

I am noticing my combustion damage is not nearly as high as other fire mages I have been looking at. Am I not using it often enough? Or not letting the ignite get big enough? I try fishing for the 4-piece proc or 2x pyrocrits before using combustion but sometimes I have to use the combustion without either (RNG can be a bitch).

Do I just need more crit? I had to enchant/gem a bit to haste for a while and the rest is mastery. Or am I just killing myself in the movement phase of this Iron Maiden parse? I will be the first to admit i do not use Ice Floes as often as I should.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CopiousSalt
      I feel like I should be performing better as a frost mage at my specific level. If some of you don't mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know what I could do to improve, it would help me out a lot. 
      A lot of people have told me once i get bracers and shard that my dps will normalize for my ilvl. Is this true? I follow the standard for frost mage st rotation: dont eat Ice-lance procs, don't waste insta flurries, spend flurries by frostbolt>flurry>Ice-lance, etc. If I am missing something, please let me know. 
      Here are some logs to look at.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=15&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=7&type=damage-done
    • By Nobbykinz

Autumn Mist is a mythic raiding guild. Originating from a group of friends intent on pushing high end content. We are a young guild, started out in Feb 2017, driven to succeed.

Raiding Schedule:
      Wed 20:00-22:00
      Thur 20:00-22:00
      Sun 20:00-22:00
      Mon 20:00-22:00 (optional Alt/Farm run)
        What is Autumn Mist?
      Autumn Mist is a group of raiders looking to experience the most challenging aspects of wow. We aim to create a fair and motivating environment for progress. We won't scream at you for failing a mechanic but we will point it out and work with you to correct it so we can progress together. Loot will be distributed via RCLootcouncil as evenly as possible focusing on gearing the raid as a whole. We will respect you at all times.
        Joining Autumn Mist
      During your trial period we will be looking at your mastery over your class, your attendance and attitude during raids. Your awareness of boss fights and mechanics, along with your ability to adapt and learn. How you handle success along with failure. Progress is important to us but the atmosphere of the raids must be maintained a good personality and a sense of humor is a must.

Recruitment is currently open to all classes we are looking to optimize every aspect of our raid team, if you are a driven and dedicated player there is a spot for you in our Mythic raids.

We are also recruiting people looking to make the big jump from Heroic to Mythic raiding, we understand this transition isn't easy and can be overwhelming. Our experience has shown us stones can be polished into gems and we will help you on that journey.

Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net
    • By Moca
      Hi guys, I got some issues with my dps,

I'm struggling to maintain over 650k dps...

I'm new to fury warrior, was a mythic raider with my assassination rogue but... with the warrior it seems like I'm not doing something well...

Here is what I do :

OPENER

Charge -> AVATAR+BC+Berserktroll -> BT -> RB -> RP -> OF …

Trying to maintain enrage with BT or RP > RB > etc.. (normal rotation)

I’m always tring to use RP at 100% rage,

Do I have to clip it with BT ?
      I mean, when I’m enraged, my rotation is :

RP (100% rage) -> RB -> BT -> RB > RP(100% rage)… with my +15% crit fillers
      I’m trying to pop OF everytime that I’m enraged (with BC if possible),

I don’t have any set bonuses. No COF and no “good trinkets”…

Execution phase :
      BT > EXEC EXEC… > BT > EXEC EXEC…

I can’t link my armory…

I’m Moca, War fury from SARGERAS EU

Am I missing something ?

I think that I'm supposed to be way higher, like 850k+...

Thank you !

Sorry, I'm french and new to fury, if you got some questions, don't hesitate :)

• By Chumani

***LEAKED IMAGE OF 1st RAID BOSS IN NEW VANILLA SERVERS***

**11/11 N Antorus as of 12/3/17** 
      Raid times   630 - 830pst    Tues/Thur/Sun        Alt/casual raid    630 - 830pst  Mon
      Hai Raiders! Looking for a guild you can call home?? Looking for a guild you can raid with?? Looking for a guild thats active?? Mature and Fun?? Look no more!

Corrupted Destiny guild is looking for YOU!! Are you wanting to raid and havnt been able to? Maybe you need a guild that does..... Hope to log in and see other guild members online?? Maybe you need a guild that its possible in! We are one of Skywall's oldest guilds. We have watched them come and go and yet we remain strong! We feel as if we are a family.... you will too! We are getting ready for Antorus the Burning Throne raid incoming soon! Come and join us and help us kick ass in there! Casual raider? Non raider? Come join us anyway, run our lesser raids just to get some gear or to gear up your alt!!

We have been here for a long time.... Come and join us and you will immediately know why this is so!

Im Chu.... and I am waiting for you!!

Chu#12466 - Deni#1743
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Shaman, Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.