FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toffees

Zagam - Question re logs from your Windlord kill

Hi Zagam

Re your logs you posted for the Windlord kill, what does the 'other' damage refer to?

"Log of my first kill: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=1054&e=1525"

It shows all the normal dots but 46% of your damage is from 'other''. Any idea what this is? My DPS s stuck at around the 100k mark for this encounter with iLevel 483 gear, so I'm looking for some tips :-)

Thanks

*edit* fixed the broken link

Edited by Toffees

First of all, your link is broken, probably during copy/pasting.

Second of all, the "Other" only shows up when you're hovering over someone's name, and it pops up the little summary of their abilities. Basically, it includes everything that they dealt damage with, except the other abilities named there. If you click their name and go to the "Damage by spell" tab, you will see every single point of damage that they dealt in the fight accounted for.

So in his case, Other probably refers to a multitude of things like Malefic Grasp, Haunt, Drain Soul, Soul Swap, Stormlash Totem, melee attacks and so on.

• Like 1

Thanks Vlad. I took a look at the detail and it appears that rather than summarising the totals for each of Zagam's abilities, the pop-up just shows the top 5 items in its list. For this fight in particular, dots are being placed over multiple mobs which are listed separately in the logs. Rather than add each of them up and present the totals in the pop-up, it just takes the top 5 from the list and then adds the rest to 'other' even though they were the same spells. Either way, its answered my question so thanks for the help.

Edited by Toffees

Yep, Vlad nailed it. Basically it gives you an 'overall' feel of where your damage comes from. Seeing 46% come from "other" means that our class is more diverse than those Arcane Mages who have 70% of their damage come from Arcane Blast :) Most of the "other" damage in this fight comes at the beginning with all the AoE...I would imagine, without looking, that a majority of my "other" damage is Seed of Corruption. That's the difference between 100k and 150k in this fight.