FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MarkusFiligree

Prot Paladin - Trinket question

Just got this in a heroic BRF cache:  Battering Talisman

I did a best in bags on AMR, and its showing that the trinket is not an upgrade.  I always thought that trinkets off end bosses tend to be BiS.  I'm curious if AMR is not counting the proc correctly,   or if it actually isn't really an upgrade.

My AMR profile is here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/aggramar/kerthmash

currently wearing:

Pillar of the Earth
Evergaze Arcane Eidolon

Overall, stamina trinkets fall behind others because they do nothing but increase health and not survivability outside of the realm of preventing 1-shots. That being said, I would think that the Pillars static stats could do more for you than the stacking haste proc since those are what needs comparing. I'm not a paladin expert, but just a general observation from a tank perspective. 

Stamina is only valuable until you have 'enough'. Too little hit points will get you and your healers in trouble every time an event with extra damage happens to you while a lot of 'unnecessary' extra hit points just sort of takes the place of 'good' armor, haste, mastery or whatever.

The term 'enough stamina' varies from fight to fight so you might chose to wear a stamina trinket in a fight with spikes of magical dmg like Flamebender where you might tank a wolf for 3 breaths. Or to change it for a mastery/armor trinket in a fight like Hanz & Franz where excessive hit points could be a problem for your healers and co-tank when Supplex happens. Or Iron Maidens where the damage on you will be mostly physical mellee hits.

Currently my guild has cleared 9/10 HC BRF and I feel comfortable with 490k hitpoints (raid buffed) on non-spiky fights while I equip a Stamina trinket when expecting spikes.

The AMR value system does not take these things into account. So you gotta trust your own experience when deciding.

So gz with your new shiny trinket and cling on to it for times when you need it.

Hmm...  I wasn't even thinking about the stam portion.  I know it would give a greater health pool.   I was more curious if the haste proc made it worth equipping over my other trinkets.

After reading your replies, I think I'll use if on some of the fights you mentioned.  I know flame bender can be a bit tricky, and the extra health wouldn't hurt.