FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

Any idea?

Hi guys!

I've had a resto druid back in WoTLK then I stopped playing WoW. Now some months ago I started again to level my druid. As a resto/balance. It was pretty fun in BC/WOTLK/Cata instances. I had 100% mana all the time and everyone had full HP. (note that I don't have any BoA gear since I switched realms) So I am level 88 right now and I leveling with Archeology and RDF (Yes, really Posted Image as I leveling my archeology I can even level my battle pets) and when I got bored I doing quests as well. The point is, everytime I que to a dungeon all I see is tank runs > everyone attacking something that can be attacked so in like 3-4 seconds the party is at ~40%HP, here I start spamming everything possible and ding! I'm at 50% mana... At the first pack of mobs. From this point I can't get full mana since nobody gives a duck. Here comes the massive flame by the group members like "WTF healer have tons of mana and we are almost wiping". etc...

I reforged some mastery/haste/crit into spirit already but I know mastery and haste is also important. I have 3583 spirit and 4044 mana reg in combat.

Can you tell me any advice how not to run out of mana? If it's needed I can tell you my healing style but this is already a wall of text D:

See the problem is that you have 3.5k spirit, alot has changed since WOTLK and spirit is even more important now.

While leveling, your spirit will suck.. at 90 in 478 raiding gear I have 9k spirit. (Not even gemmed full spirit) On my monk which I currently main while raiding I have about 12-13k full buffed.

To fix your situation right now I would recommend getting all the spirit gear you can find and make sure everything is reforged to spirit. Then haste or mastery. There is no point in getting a haste threshold (3043) until you are 90 because the percentages scale.

When you actully are healing in a dungeon group and your members don't want to wait on you the best thing you can do is time your innervates. When you reach about 80 or 70% mana, pop innervate. Don't use innervate if you are about to end combat, try to save it for when you are mid fight or just starting a fight. The reason being is if you pop it when combat ends and then reach full mana before the next combat starts, you are essentially wasting that passive regen.

Make sure you have lifebloom up on the tank at all time, use regrowth on clearcasting procs and try to fill in with nourish. Nourish is a very meh spell right now, but at low mana levels its the best you can do. Only rejuv people who are taking active damage (tank, couple dps) Dont spam rejuv on everyone.. Make sure to use Swiftmend on CD and use Iron bark as a tank CD. I would also reccomend using Nature's swiftness (if you havent already) becasue that is about the only kind of burst healing you have outside of tree form right now.

Lastly, use Incarnation: Tree of life, and just spam lifebloom on everyone in the group and use your instant regrowth on clearcasting proc.s For the most part you will gain mana while doing this since all your spell costs are free from clearcasting.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: you can always ask the group to let you drink too lol. You might jsut ahve bad luck though, I have 2k spirit on the priest im leveling, i always have mana problems but I deal with it and just keep going, it also kinda irks me when they say "wait for healer to get mana" because I'm the type of person that jst wants to go as fast as possible. xD

Another tip is to get some of these from the Klaxxi if you have accessed them ability_creature_amber_02.jpgRestorative Amber. You can only use it out of combat so it acts like food, but will fill your mana from 0 to full in less then 10 seconds.

Here is a macro I use for it:

#showtooltip

/cancelaura Restorative Amber

/use Restorative Amber

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 3

I found out today you have to be honored with the klaxxi before you can use it. Tried to grab some on my priest after I made this post and was disappointed . Luckily, doing the quests there at around 88 you can get honored fairly quickly.

The big thing to think about is do not sweat your spirit until you're max level. Doing dungeons is fine, but you should probably run with guild members or a really decent tank that can save your mana or wait for you to drink.

But yea, I can barely get through on my priest with 2k spirit and that is after so much experience with it since I've been healing ever since I started playing this game I can be pretty mana efficient in dungeons.

Just practice, practice, practice and you'll get use to it. The int change screwed with everything and you need to get enough spirit until you are comfortable with your play style. Sometimes changing your play style can allow you to use less spirit. If you are with a random group just ask them to at least wait for a second to let you sit down and drink and you catch up.

On my druid I would usually just drink as soon as combat ended and let the tank a dps keep going, then I used Dash or stampeding roar to catch back up if they were a bit away. Learning to manage mana effectively is a big part of the game and is essential to healing right now. But again as I said, it really does not matter until you hit 90. Right now just try to get as much spirit as you can and deal with what you have.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

I feel your pain, I heal with a paladin and with gear at a 474 ilvl and spirit at 8813 a heroic drains my mana fast. Especially when multiple mobs get chain pulled. Often times the tanks don't even look at mana they just want a speed run so they can do another and get more gear.

You almost will have to make a macro that says something like "Hey tank, no mana here so no heals. You pull and you may die."

I feel your pain, I heal with a paladin and with gear at a 474 ilvl and spirit at 8813 a heroic drains my mana fast. Especially when multiple mobs get chain pulled. Often times the tanks don't even look at mana they just want a speed run so they can do another and get more gear.

You almost will have to make a macro that says something like "Hey tank, no mana here so no heals. You pull and you may die."

I find it quite fun actually to chain pull and stress my mana. Makes the repetitive dungeons more interesting and gives me a way to challenge myself.

Since my last post, I've bought that Klaxxi food, and practiced a lot while I was leveling. I read the guide here many times and tried my best in 5-mans. Yesterday I did Mogu'shan Palace and Shado-Pan Monastery. They were pretty fine. I had 80% mana like always and nobody died. :3

I still looking for some addon that helps me to track my Harmony and Clearcasting (and others but these are more important for me since sometimes I forgot to recast something for harmony :< ) Sadly PowerAuras is still not updated for 5.1 so I can't use it. Anyone can recommend some other addon?

Thanks Posted Image

Sadly PowerAuras is still not updated for 5.1 so I can't use it. Anyone can recommend some other addon?

Thanks Posted Image

I'm currently using Weakauras which is similar to PowerAuras but takes a bit more getting used to to set up. You can also find a lot of auras on the internet to import so all you have to do is drag it around until it is in the correct spot.

• Like 1

As MadMonk said, weak auras is an amazing tool for every class. Just download it and try to find some online that you like. once you understand how to make them as well it will be even better.

Here is my clearcasting aura

dGJ2caGEfLAxuGTbrzUkYSLYnjkDBrStiSx0UjSFrL8tfv(Rk1VvX3GIHQOObROKHtrhucDyLoMeDokOfkvwQkrlMOy5Q6HevEk4XuYZj1eHitvHjtKPlmovsxvLWLP66qAJIk(ouzZqvBxu1Pj5Rqu9zk18evQLjsptQA0uOXROQtcLUfrvxtsDEjyAIYWKKxROWSKdckcyfH)4xlFcR1rONatV1UbJR0b3TSRy7qFbbnHsdYmaJbxjKqqIGeheSoTZZbruYCQXKMMMwHPQVQS0W0mIx(6mIiL5KHSumPPyUwNM1xxJSReV819erpZP2W(SY6SRv9LP9zyWq8Yx3ZGq4ZhOVtaRi8h)A5tfLKoc9eY9Dgfr)vpnZdo)lI(RwwxsTtfr)vpve93AdjOKiixZ33A1rUMvpbCkPWirKvvryfQKnuhbheswLGdcrbtNG57Apiy(U2dc4oYitZzWGq8kBB)5GWbNyorRa7ii2exZbrusqUMVV1QdLWMbH3tMZ0)nopHCtWcvhNKBJkjNqOsCjgeeOjJxzB7VMikjSssQqDeB7oELTT)AoyqWORSngerwvfH2zL4GaQ2VTARwZoc)P5CqibTfkoyWGaQ2VfEE)PmeSARwZbbTsy3CciD5fyrIqcAluCqaPlValsSJbdcA1SDoiOvc7MtWmVjHe0wO4GG5(rb2riCb7iSVlw2riW5IOaEvENDemZBYogmyq4DB1rmky6ecF(a9DgewoiixZ33A1HsytaRi8h)A5tyToc9ey6T2nyCLo4ULDfBh6lyqipruMvvXGea