FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Agate

holy paladin with flash of light spam?

Hello friends,

I'm not too familiar with holy paladin but from what I see in logs they mostly spam their cheap Holy Light on the raid and throw in the occasional Prism (very roughly said).

Now we have a new raid member and while he is very very new and doesn't have the same level of experience in the fights (which of course is totally fine) I am irritated by his extreme use of his FoL. He almost never uses Holy LIght.

So I'm wondering - is this an alternative play style that is totally viable and makes sense (maybe in certain situations)? Or is it (because it seems to me this way) just way more efficient to play the Holy Light style? Thanks for some input.

Hi! 

Holy Light is our bread and butter AKA our filler spell we will always cast it when we dont have anything else to cast.

FoL is more or less or panic spell that should pretty much only be used during high damage intesive parts of a fight or when someone is close to dying otherwise its just a loss of mana for the heal you could have gotten from Holy Light since they heal about the same amount only diffrence is the Mana Cost and Cast Time.

Pretty much the only diffrence in our play we can make is either going Sacred Shield and Light of Dawn or Eternal Flame when you get the set bonus from BFR the EF build is better overall but before that SS and LoD is slightly better, but many still go with the EF cause of the HoT

Hoped it helped! 

• Like 1

FOL spam is fun and easy way to heal. But it's mana-intensive:

One fol for me is: 6400 mana, 25495k heal; 1.21s; 3.9hpmana; 21k hps

One holy light is 3300 mana, 25495k heal; 2.02s; 7.7hpmana; 12.6k hps

A glyphed flash of light will make the next fol within 7 seconds heal for 10% more or 28k heal (not a whole heck of a lot)

However, they'll lose out on infusion of light which makes the next holy light heal in only 1.5s. 

On a beaconed target, my fol gives me back: 2560 mana back. Net cost of 6400-2560=3840 mana; 6.63hpmana

My holy light gives me: 1320 mana back. net cost 3300-1320=1980 mana; 12.8hpmana

So again, you can almost double your hps with a fol method but it's roughly half as efficient with respect to mana.  The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.  

Although it's generally true that fol is faster, particularly glyphed in bringing in a critically ill raid member or tank up than holy light is, as seax says, it is really for emergencies only.  I very rarely use fol and I don't waste a glyph on it.  If they're ending the fight with plenty of mana, no worries. But if they're oom during the frenzy stage of most bosses at 30%; holy light ftw!

Indeed as Mirrsal says but glyphed FoL can be good during some parts of a fight like Brackenspore when you spam heal the bluemushrooms since you got insance mana regen or during some Healing intense fights in BRF when your gear is low and you don´t have the haste needed but then i only throw out 1 or maybe 2 to save mana and not spam it since that is just a loss

As mentioned it is lndeed a more high dmaage heal and less efficient to spam instead of holy light. now correct me if i am wrong and i would be grateful for feedback on this; On AoE dmaage FoL is better to cast than holy radiance as holy radiance as a 13k heal on a few targets won't get the health bars back up where a FoL spam not to full health is more relable and faster and you can then rely on your raid healers to heal the remainders of the raids health reducing overhealing which in total will reduce mana useage for the healers. 

As mentioned it is lndeed a more high dmaage heal and less efficient to spam instead of holy light. now correct me if i am wrong and i would be grateful for feedback on this; On AoE dmaage FoL is better to cast than holy radiance as holy radiance as a 13k heal on a few targets won't get the health bars back up where a FoL spam not to full health is more relable and faster and you can then rely on your raid healers to heal the remainders of the raids health reducing overhealing which in total will reduce mana useage for the healers. 

For my gear:

Holy radiance: 11,405 mana, 12,935 healX6 people=77,610 heal; 2.03 sec cast = 6.8hpmana 38khps

Flash of light: 6,400 mana, 25,495 healX1 person; 1.22 sec cast; 3.98hpmana 20khps

But even more importantly, you should always holy radiance which gives the daybreak which makes your next holy shock heal EVERYONE within 10 yards for 15% of the holy shock's heal as well (for free). Let's say that there are six people in melee, holy shock heals 11,897 plus 1784*6 people=10,707 or a total of 22604 for only 2532 mana or a massive 8.9hpmana and instantly so (very high hps). If 15 people are stacked together? It just gets ridiculously better. Daybreak ftw.

It is imo definitely more mana efficient and higher hps to use holyradiance/shock twice. Better hps and hpmana.