FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixFlames

When to use Vial of Convulsive Shadows

Hello icy-veins,

today I got Vial of Convulsive Shadows (Mythic) from the garrison mission and was wondering how I should use it (It has Use: Grants 2,033 Multistrike for 20 sec. with 2 minutes cooldown). My other trinket is Forgemaster's Insignia (Mythic Warforged) (Yes, I've been lucky).

My question now is when to use the vial since it does not line up too well with most things. I am an Orc Warrior, so I have another 2 minute cooldown, my Blood Fury racial, which, to this point, I had just macro'd in my bloodthirst to use it whenever available, but I think ~2k Multistrike is too huge not to time it with anything else. 

Logically, I'd use Blood Fury + Vial + Recklessness + Avatar (Bloodbath lines up really well due to 1 minute cooldown) at the start of the fight. Then Blood Fury + Vial lines up with the 3rd use of Recklessness (should it occur, depending on the boss), but in between it's a mess. Should I wait with the trinket use anf the racial for my 2nd recklessness (which would go great together with Avatar)? Or should I delay Avatar by 30 seconds so it lines up with the 2 minutes cooldown? Both solutions seem very suboptimal.

Ideally, you'll want to take Anger Management, especially if you have the 4pc. This will bring the CD on Recklessness to ~2 minutes and Avatar to ~1 minute, which should line up pretty well with the trinket.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the best avenue is to use the trinket on the pull with your CDs and then delay it for every other recklessness.

• Like 1

I second what ragebarr said.

Based upon my research once you have the 4pc you should take AM as suggested and delay the trinket use until recklessness is back up, which is usually at 2:10-2:25.  I macro it with recklessness, but swap to individual keybinds for fights as necessary.