FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandazin

Looking to improve (BM)

Hey,

I've been trying to analyze my own logs to see how I can improve but I'd love to see some outside perspective.

Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T1nfXvPjMZWGHVhp

Things I know:

I accidentally soaked a whole Infernal Slice on Gruul. Had a bad lag spike and was also a little slow in reacting. Woopsy.

I'm trying to use Guard more often. It feels like I hold on to it too long to make use of it's charges. I'm trying to use it to just soak up extra damage so my healers can spend time healing other people.

I didn't get the Tablet Trinket until after H&F and I didn't have a chance to set up a macro for it so it won't be showing any usage of it. Next week I'll be using it plenty though.

---------

Otherwise let me know how I can be a better tank smile.png. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Pandazin

Beastlord:

Only used one potion.

Tiger Power uptime is low.

Zero uses of your Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork - there is no point in having a clicky trinket if you don't click it.

Shuffle uptime is low

Gruul:

Again, only 1 potion

Zero uses of TTT

Shuffle is low because of your death, same with TP.

Low Guard

You're casting weak Guards also, need to be better about tracking your Resolve and your other buffs so that you're not just casting Guards, you're casting POWERFUL Guards. 

Healing Elixirs is a very poor choice of a talent for that fight imo. Diffuse Magic for Mythic, Dampen Harm for Heroic is a lot better.

H&F:

Finally, you used two potions.

Still didn't use your TTT

Shuffle had good uptime.

Your main issues from what I can see is that you don't make use of your non-passive trinket, you don't use a second potion, your Shuffle uptime can be poor, and the Guards you cast are very weak. Fix these issues and you'll be in a much better place.

Thanks for the analysis.

Main reason for not using the Trinket is because I just picked it up off of H&F that kill. I've since created a macro to make sure it's being used more often.

I always forget about my second Potion. I need to create a WeakAura for that. Is there a prime time to use it or should I just tie it in with Serenity?

Resolve is something I haven't been tracking at all. I'll see what I can do about tracking that better.

What is considered a "Powerful" Guard?

Gruul

--------

Missed 7 keg smash (and wasted 7 chi because you were already full)

Jabbed too often / didnt use expel harm enough

Missed 10 casts of chi burst [but Zen Sphere is a much better talent on gruul imo]

Using Ascension [its the worst of the 3 talents in that tier]

Not using tiger palm enough 

Could probs purify more often as well, as I only took 200k more damage from stagger and I am lower ilvl and run Chi-Ex

DPS Is Terrible (no offense) when you have a 691 weapon & 685 Tablet + 670 Knights Badge

I always forget about my second Potion. I need to create a WeakAura for that. Is there a prime time to use it or should I just tie it in with Serenity?

If you're just using the potion for damage then use it with Serenity/Xune. If you're using it for mitigation then use it when you need it. 1500 armor is strong enough to be used as a small CD, combined with a trinket or proc the combo can be basically a large CD. 

What is considered a "Powerful" Guard?

Depends on your gear/fight. A weak Guard for me is 200k, a strong Guard is ~700k, max Guard is 1.1mil.

For you a max will likely be around 800k, strong around 450-500k. Anything under 300k is a waste.