FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
cerberos

What's the hack / mod for the editor?

Hello, can someone from the moderators, share to me where i can find this great mod / hack for the editor of IP.Board? That have wowhead link or Diablo3 link.

Thnx in advance

Ps

You should really put the custom fields on ip.board and be able to state our armory link and have it displayed next to each post. Will be nice, to see the player that talks each time. Just a suggestion though!

Edited by cerberos

Hello!

It's custom-made :P You can find the ckeditor plugin there: https://www.icy-veins.com/damien/ivwow.tar.gz

You need to decompress it in the public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/plugins folder of your ipb installation. This is just the javascript interface for ckeditor. If you look at the files, you will see that it needs to query a script on one of our servers. You can just leave it like that or make your own custom script to get the spell/item/etc info from wowdb, wowhead, or blizzard.

You also need to change a few things in ips_config.js (in public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor). You most likely have a line that starts with config.extraPlugins. You need to add ivwow in the list of included plugins. In addition, there is a line that starts with config.toolbar_ipsfull. That's where you configure what is displayed in your editor's toolbar. Just add 'Wowhead' and 'Diablo' where you want your Wowhead or Diablo button to appear. Personally, I wrote ['Wowhead', 'Diablo'], so it'd create a new section with just Wowhead and Diablo ;)

Thnx for ur reply. I realised from your post,that IP.board use CKeditor. Nice, i will search it more, can we add more plugins found on CKEditor page or they dont work in ip.board?

Edited by cerberos

I think that most ckeditor plugins should work in ip.board. I mean, for the Wowhead/Diablo3 plugin, all I did was to make a new plugin, based on the ckeditor documentation.