FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock Challenge Mode Gold Guides

I've been playing as Destro and Affliction in PVE so I'm concerned about alternating to Demo...... I would need to regem/reforge due to the hit loss from swapping out of my spell_nature_chainlightning.jpgWushoolay's Final Choice and substituting in ability_hunter_focusedaim.jpgUnerring Vision of Lei Shen

Then again, since gear/stats are all scaled down, could you tell me - or perhaps google will know - would it be wise of me to actually work on a separate CM set of gear just to get mastery instead of haste for instance?

As well as no legendary Meta gem, nor tier bonuses. Then going demo would be np.

Edited by Nikalia

For Cmodes, don't use any new trinkets.  The proc rate diminishes to abysmal levels.  You want Relic of Yu'lon and one of the T14 trinkets like Light of the Cosmos.  The better your gear, the more gem sockets, the better for Cmodes.  You want Mastery out the wazoo because of it's execute ability (Shadowburn) or burst AoE (Metamorphosis). 

I wouldn't.  I did them as Affliction back when Grim of Sac buffed your stuff 50% for boss fights.  However, in retrospect, I wish I had played Demo or Destro.  Affliction only had good single target when GoSac was OP back then.  Affliction's cleave is abysmal.  Corruption hits like a wet noodle, Agony takes too long to build up, and SoC is crap.  So if you really wanted to, you could tab UA all day. 

The point is, challenge modes present difficult trash and a time threshold to match.  Affliction just isn't the way to go.  You can get golds with Affliction...but you're going to be doing it the hard way.

Destro is where it's at, unless you're at the beginning of Shadowpan Monastary, then Demololololol and pull ALL THE THINGS!

Destro is super versatile and allows you to chunk down mobs really fast, especially sub 20% with Havoc and Shadowburn.

Yeah, I did most of our runs as destro, then we were fine on aoe but our single target wasnt downing the bosses fast enough, particularly the next to last boss in scholomance, so I decided to try afflic for that. I didn't do any worse with afflic, at least I don't think. I tried demo, and while I had really good bursts of aoe, such as the beggining of shadopan monestarg, but it just pulled too much aggro and I died horribly. I will say that I hate affliction for that dungeon though, if only for the stage where you fight all the trainees and the shard regeneration is nil.