FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rabb

Glyph Of Shadowbolt question

I was reading in another forum that it supposdly has a higher mc proc chance due to the split. But I cant tell any diffrence. Anyone used the glyph?

I've used the glyph in a few short stunts as Demonology and never noticed anything except having way too many Molten Core procs without the Glyph. I read that it was a minor DPS gain, and since each bolt is 1/3 the power of the original unglyphed bolt, I would imagine the DPS gain comes from the proc increase, but I can't say for sure.

Thanks for answering sorry for not replying sooner. Ive been playing with it for a bit now, I'm not seeing any real diffrence, but I also did reforge my gear diffrently so what could be a dps gain from using it could also be from having a bit more haste.

Ye it does increase the proc chance but from what i've also read in another few sites is that each split bolt has its own crit chance so in that way its like three times the crit chance for the spell.

Ye it does increase the proc chance but from what i've also read in another few sites is that each split bolt has its own crit chance so in that way its like three times the crit chance for the spell.

Could u prove/link it?

'cause believe in something without any data sounds risk to me.

Edited by JvChequer

Oh there you go as well http://www.wowhead.c...w-bolt#comments

Quoting : " The big thing about this glyph, however, is the fact that the individual Posted Image Shadow Bolts can critically hit, regardless of the other two. Each of the small bolts behave like a spell themselves. This means that each individual bolt may trigger a trinket (such as Posted Image Harmlight Token from Twilight Highlands)

On a personal note I can report that I've seen an increase in my various procs from trinkets since I've started to use this glyph

Either way though , even if the sepate crit chance doesnt affect ur dps by alot, just the increased proc rate is worth the glyph in my humble opinion!

Edited by Atsui

The Glyph of Shadowbolt is neither a DPS gain nor a DPS loss over time. It takes your main Shadowbolt spell and breaks it into 3 smaller components, each with 1/3 the power of the original, so that when they all hit, you come out to your normal Shadowbolt. Over a small amount of time, you may see the following scenarios:

NO GLYPH

1) Shadowbolt hits - 100% damage

2) Shadowbolt crits - 203% damage

WITH GLYPH

1) 0/3 bolts crit - 100% damage

2) 1/3 bolts crit - 134% damage

3) 2/3 bolts crit - 168% damage

4) 3/3 bolts crit - 203% damage

Now let's assume a 25% crit chance in combat. Whether that is higher or lower than yours shouldn't matter in proving how this glyph affects your DPS.

NO GLYPH

1) Shadowbolt hits - 75% (100% damage)

2) Shadowbolt crits - 25% (203% damage)

Overall damage - 126% normal damage

WITH GLYPH

1) 0/3 bolts crit - ~42% (100% damage)

2) 1/3 bolts crit - ~45% (134% damage)

3) 2/3 bolts crit - ~11.5% (168% damage)

4) 3/3 bolts crit - ~1.5% (203% damage)

Overall damage - 124.6% damage

The numbers listed with the glyph where simulated in Excel with a discreet, independent probability of each Shadowbolt critting (25%) independent, but the overall percentages were built on each independent case coming together dependently. The numbers will change slightly each pass (I got anywhere from 123% to 128% damage) of the simulation, but you can see that overall, you will see nothing except an aesthetic change to Shadowbolt with the glyph.

Trinket proc rates are not dependent on the NUMBER of spells that hit. As long as you are always casting something, the more important note about trinkets is their internal cooldown. There isn't a trinket in the game that behaves based on the number of hits received. Light of the Cosmos does not proc more often for an Affliction Warlock (3 DoTs) than an Elemental Shaman (1 DoT). They are based PURELY on their internal cooldown.